Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The weirdest Magic deck I ever saw was a guy who only played in groups and for ante. His deck was built around using Demonic Attorney to force everyone to ante repeatedly, and then using another card (I think it was Darkpact) to pick the best cards out of the ante and replace them with junk from his deck. He had no offense and no way to actually win the game by the rules; his entire strategy was to survive long enough to loot some good cards and then go out.

I'm amazed he ever got through a game without everyone trying to throw him out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The infamous Castle Greyhawk module has a NPC adventuring party to compete with the PCs, with the gimmick that they were all, except for the druid, screwed over by reincarnate after getting killed by trolls. They consist of a badger wizard ("he has been known to bite characters on the ankle for little or no provocation"), a pixie paladin ("his warhorse died of laughter upon seeing his new condition"), and a centaur thief, as well as the druid -- who was level-drained by wights and can no longer cast reincarnate.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

That's the dumbest, most fiddly use case I've ever heard of. Has to target creatures specifically hrmph.

This reminds me of the arguments during 4E that, say, a power that does fire damage couldn't be used to set a haystack on fire if its stat block said "Target: 1 creature." Even though the rules specifically said that creature-targeting powers could also be used on objects if the DM thought it was reasonable.