Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I miss this series so much. It was criminally under advertised, even if the sunlight gimmick was kind of a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Glazius posted:

I expected the Solar Tree to be maybe withered or something, not yanked bodily from the earth.

Yeah, the Immortals didn't play around with their attack. You find (what's left of) the Solar Tree in the Immortal's city in the first game, using it as a source of items and eventually restoring it. Lacking tree-moving heavy machinery, you're apparently forced to just leave it there after the game ends to hopefully remove their undeadening curse from the land as well.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 24, 2013

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Glazius posted:

Do these weapons have different like attack arcs or speed/power ratios, or are they just used for solving different puzzles?

They do. Swords are fast with an arc, clubs are the "powerful-but-slow" close range ones, and fists are almost a joke until you grind them up. There are other weapons and lenses that have their own effects as well as other properties for what I already listed, but I don't want to spoil.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I love the Pile Driver. None of that weak "drive a steak into their heart" stuff. Just dragging them off to be completely incinerated by four giant lasers.

Now that's some professional vampire hunting.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Gotta go for Iron Coffin.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Elfan today, Elfan tomorrow, Elfan FOREVER!!! We will never let this incredibly cute and silly corpse-holder go!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I can't see that guy making a huge red scarf work. Why isn't Django that cowboy-themed?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Speedball posted:

The only downside is that the transform spell has to be manually equipped from a spell slot.

But, now, we can choose to be empowered by the sun or by the darkness, we can recharge in our coffin when we're nowhere near the sun, or turn back to human to munch on some fruit. It's win/win now!

Yeah, Django's got the best of both worlds from here on in. Good since the vampires themselves have somehow learned to harness the power of the Sun so all of these new tricks will be needed. That's why you shouldn't think about either mode as better given that they cover for most of each other's weaknesses.

All he needs now is the Gun Del Sol and a certain chatty sunflower spirit and he'll be golden.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Uh, Treasury sounds good.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 20, 2013

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Is sticking with Elfan an option?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Are we pretending that anything other than Elfan has a chance? We must defeat this vile, father-napping shadow with the light of the most adorable corpse box ever.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Sounds like an abandoned game mechanic to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

Django keeps the power of Darkness, even in the next game.

More accurately, they tried to get rid of it, but it seems half-vampirism isn't quite that easy to remove so it comes back stronger than ever when Django technically dies at the start of the game. To balance it out, he also gets a super-sun mode as well. That showed up in the fifth Battle Network game.

Since they decided not to import the game, they decided to scrub every Boktai reference from Lunar Knights (and from BN6, which resulted in them gutting a good portion of the game for no real reason) in hopes of making it sell better. It didn't work, so this series is basically dead.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 5, 2014

• Locked thread