Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Sushi Spinnery is out!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-sushi-spinnery/id627818916?mt=8

Haven't played much but I'll report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
It's pretty fun, though I've only played it for about half an hour and I feel as if some of the appeal is lost on me because I know next to nothing about sushi.

I still would rather have that Ninja 4x-lite type game they made. :(

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 5, 2013

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

So, finally getting around to Ninja Village.

Am I correct in thinking that the individual skills are poo poo in big battles compared to the group/resist skills and I really should be training two armies, one that fights the big battles and the other that fights the skirmishes with the non-army battles?

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

The sushi game for iOS is the first KS game that I've felt completely apathetic about and stopped playing within 30 minutes or so. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I hate sushi, but I don't have the slightest interest in running a clothing store, and I rather liked that game.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Anyone have any tips yet for Sushi Spinnery?

All I have been able to figure out so far is that you want to be creating dishes constantly to level up the base ingredients. I think it may be a good idea to try out all the toppings and the game will record what works well with the main ingredients. I have been deleting instead of saving a lot of the early experiments, because I haven't figured out how to delete a dish from the list later.

It also took me a little bit to realize that the PR: stuff was how you get different customer types to show up.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Does anyone know if you have to unlock hotspots somewhere in Beastie Bay? I haven't found a single one and I've done the caves recommended earlier in the thread a ton of times.

Telex posted:

So, finally getting around to Ninja Village.

Am I correct in thinking that the individual skills are poo poo in big battles compared to the group/resist skills and I really should be training two armies, one that fights the big battles and the other that fights the skirmishes with the non-army battles?

The villagers who get high ranks in some of the individual abilities (there's a list of who gets level 4 skills somewhere on the web)are useful both because some of the later non-army battles are hard and because you end up with a lot of slots. It's really helpful to have a couple strong fighters at the front of your infantry as they do terrible damage otherwise.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

allsizesfitone posted:

I keep hoping (a) that World Cruise Story will eventually see an iOS release, and (b) that we get another in that same style. I wondered if Beastie Bay might at least have some sort of breeding mechanic that worked out like building/improving a car, honestly.

As someone who has played World Cruise Story, you aren't missing much with it. It's a very bizarre take on a cruise ship simulator, much in the same vein as Epic Astro Story or Pocket Academy. You really have to understand those whacky Japanese and their fetishes to enjoy it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Orvin posted:

Anyone have any tips yet for Sushi Spinnery?

All I have been able to figure out so far is that you want to be creating dishes constantly to level up the base ingredients. I think it may be a good idea to try out all the toppings and the game will record what works well with the main ingredients. I have been deleting instead of saving a lot of the early experiments, because I haven't figured out how to delete a dish from the list later.

It also took me a little bit to realize that the PR: stuff was how you get different customer types to show up.

I think a major barrier is the culture. We just don't have the background for sushi in the West, so it's a lot harder to get into it. It's alleviated somewhat by having descriptions of what is what, but it's not perfect. So far I've got a big conveyer with as many seats as I can get, and prep stations every few spots filled with either the chefs or the part-timers to keep the dishes coming.

bagina posted:

The sushi game for iOS is the first KS game that I've felt completely apathetic about and stopped playing within 30 minutes or so. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I hate sushi, but I don't have the slightest interest in running a clothing store, and I rather liked that game.

It's quite rough if you don't know much about sushi or its ingredients, and I'm finding it kinda hard to maintain interest. Especially because it took so drat long to get a dish good enough to beat the first texture contest.

I'd much rather they release the ninja game, but what can you do. I wish they'd get better about porting these things over so I can get my fix proper.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Sushi spinnery is probably the easiest kairosoft game yet. It's the only one where I've beaten the Kairo competition before the end of the first cycle. Unfortunately the game freezes whenever I use the reward from the competition.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I really like World Cruise Story, surprisingly so. Though I think the one that I come back to most often is Gran Prix Story where I almost always force my technical-focused driver to drive the banana car in every race.

Completely missed the ninja game coming out, sounds a little like it might be reminiscent of Dragon Force (one of the best Saturn games ever and would make a really great Android/iOS game).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So in order to progess, my only two choices are the boss on desert Island or the Mystery ship. Both are locations where I die so quickly, even thought I have 3 beasts at 25 equipped with the best kit i can afford, and others pretty close to it. I'm not really sure what I can do. The boss and the beasts with it have attack all attacks that just kill everyone in my party before they even get a chance to do anything.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

So in order to progess, my only two choices are the boss on desert Island or the Mystery ship. Both are locations where I die so quickly, even thought I have 3 beasts at 25 equipped with the best kit i can afford, and others pretty close to it. I'm not really sure what I can do. The boss and the beasts with it have attack all attacks that just kill everyone in my party before they even get a chance to do anything.

Use beasts of the same element and equip them with one of the fangs that changes their attack type.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wallet posted:

Use beasts of the same element and equip them with one of the fangs that changes their attack type.

I don't think the boss has an elemental alignment, as none shows up when I start the combat.

It's massive abouts of bullshit that the enemy gets a free turn if you use items or swap guys. Whats the point of ever doing that in a tought fight?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 14, 2013

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
In the off-chance you manage to capture one of the skeleton guys from the ship you can train them up and should be ok for awhile. I had one in my main fighting group until I started medal farming and grabbed stuff like Kairobot and a Firaj.

Once you can get to the volcano island it's worth grabbing a couple monsters from there regardless of your current party. Hotalot Devil gets a lot of hp/atk and fairly high defense. I forget if Moeyama is from the desert or volcano but they're useful until you get something like a Hotalot or Tripplo (or both) from the volcano island. What's the desert island's boss? If it's the robot guy that should be electric. I don't remember the desert being that bad though, but I think the Mimic I had was doing the heavy lifting for killing enemies.

In a tough fight you'll never use items except to capture stuff. The nice thing about medal farming is you can use them to upgrade gear which lowers their slot requirements. Stick a Kairo beam, 2 elemental talismans, and some top-end heal/rez spellbooks on each monster and you'll only need to use items if you're going to try and capture something. This takes a lot of medals though, and farming them at any sort of reasonable pace takes awhile to setup.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, and the dudes he's with shoot ice stuff at me, but the robot guy shoots fire, so I'm not sure. I've tried going in with all kinds of characters combos, and its the same thing each time, i get a shot or two in, and all 3 just use their attack alls and my team is down.

What are the magic words? I googled them and I get long strings of code that don't seem to work.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
They're what you enter to put a teacher in a school. Each code is for a monster someone used. If you copy and paste they should work. I found a lvl 99 kairobot one that I had put to use. It made leveling my undead sailor guy go by a bit quicker since teacher/student of the same element = more xp.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god why do the same enemy creature types have varying stars! Now I'll have to pay attention during fights! :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The type of creature matters more. The Hotalot Devil I got managed to be 4 stars which helped give more stats but it'd have still wrecked poo poo almost as well at 2 or 3 stars. The Kairobot I have is 4 stars as well because collecting the bot enemies is a royal pain in the rear end and 4 star was good enough for making a massive murderbeast.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

it only really matters how many equipment slots they have, you can get a 5-slot with a 4-star or 3-star but you can't with a 2. It's even still pretty rare to get 5 slots with a 3-star or 4-star honestly and slot scrolls are stupid expensive.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Anyone grab Ninja Village? Looks like a new release from last month.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Telex posted:

it only really matters how many equipment slots they have, you can get a 5-slot with a 4-star or 3-star but you can't with a 2. It's even still pretty rare to get 5 slots with a 3-star or 4-star honestly and slot scrolls are stupid expensive.

Either way, you can give a creature more equipment slots with medals. Once you're able to buy the aspine plants there's no reason not to just catch a shitload of monsters and give them as many +work items as they can wear, then surround their house with half a dozen alpines. Palaces are good enough for them to live in, but houses you have by roads where tourists pass through it's worth setting up as circuses ideally, since you'll need money for all those plants.

But once you're setup, getting medals is just a matter of time and then you just unlock things like the speed increase and let it run on your device while you're doing something else. Just save/reload every hour to collect the 9-10 medals for having the game running.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I'm debating between picking up The Pyraplex, World Cruise Story, and Kairobotica.

What order would you guys place those? My favorite games of theirs are Mall Story, Ninja Village and Grand Prix Story. If one of those 3 games have some excellent reasons to play new game plus, that's probably the aspect that most interest me.

jgamer
Oct 21, 2010
Of those I've only played Kairobotica, but then again, I've gotten really into it. Kairobotica is 1/4 city building, 3/4 JRPG with a Kairo flair. If you like level grinding/collecting items/and the like, it's really fun game.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Malt posted:

I'm debating between picking up The Pyraplex, World Cruise Story, and Kairobotica.

What order would you guys place those? My favorite games of theirs are Mall Story, Ninja Village and Grand Prix Story. If one of those 3 games have some excellent reasons to play new game plus, that's probably the aspect that most interest me.

I'd go with World Cruise Story, which is similar to Mega-Mall Story in a lot of ways. Kairobotica is like a really dull version of Ninja Village or Beastie Bay, unfortunately. I found Pyraplex to be a sort of broken/less fun (most of the game is waiting for people to move blocks) version of Mall Story, so I would skip it unless you really love the Egyptian setting or something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I picked up Sushi Spinnery again after letting it sit idle for a few weeks. Then I got super into it once I figured out that I didnt need to have a gigantic maze, laid out multiple routes, and started figuring out combinations for the best sushi. Just crafting the sushi got pretty interesting once you unlocked the advanced sushi combos. Also that loving 'Air Nigiri' sushi contest entry still got 3 points somehow. Ahahah.

The maki contest can go eat a poop sushi though. :argh: Starting a second game looks painful since they wipe out so much. You dont even carry over ingredient compatibility knowledge, what the hell.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
A pirate captain is pretty much my go-to NG+ monster in Beastie Bay just because he's got really good all around stats and he learns a buttload of useful spells. Definitely try to get some of the pirate guys if you can.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why not one of the Kairobots though?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SynthOrange posted:

Why not one of the Kairobots though?
Because I've never gotten one, for starters. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah, well in that case yeah, the pirate captain is probably your best option.

kontona
May 3, 2003

any news on that ninja village kairosoft game?

I Lost My Password
Nov 12, 2009
I picked up Game Dev Story for Android based on pretty much this thread alone.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
This popped up in the Android thread but not here: Pocket League Story 2 on the platform is out, and it looks like it's free along the veins of Beastie Bay and Dream House Days?

kontona posted:

any news on that ninja village kairosoft game?
It's out on Android. As for iOS, not likely, given how much other stuff we don't have yet. But the last Kairo release period was March - then April for English iOS, so we might get something on iOS soon. (Soon being in the next month or two.)

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

PocketLeague2: 703430861

Haven't even played the game yet and I'm friend-code whoring it up already....

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

to not poo poo up the android game thread, Pocket Soccer Story 2 code: 303 448 342

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Any tips on what buildings are best to build up in Pocket League 2?

Haven't played the first game but like most Kairo games a quick try turned into a couple of hours of messing around.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I find for Pocket League 1, and 2 so far, that it's not really about what buildings are best. You can eventually fit every building, and if you can afford to upgrade them great. At least in PL1 the upgrades persisted into New Game+ too.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
PL2 :: 303, 442, 418

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
In PL2, is there eventually some way to upgrade guys' potential? ie: Have an average player turn into exceptional, etc. I haven't seen anything yet, and it seems weird that the guy they let you create will only ever be Exceptional so I'm assuming there's some way to do it... right?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

VDay posted:

In PL2, is there eventually some way to upgrade guys' potential? ie: Have an average player turn into exceptional, etc. I haven't seen anything yet, and it seems weird that the guy they let you create will only ever be Exceptional so I'm assuming there's some way to do it... right?

If it's like PL1, that's a representation of their max potential.

So, you don't really even want to spend much training non-exceptional/world class guys. They can't get above an E or D at their position, while world class can turn into an S.

Not sure about they guy they let you create, which seems sorta lovely since EVERYONE makes a Striker and for gently caress's sake unless you make a team with nothing but strikers that makes the friends thing sorta dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The Rokstar posted:

Because I've never gotten one, for starters. :v:

Go get one. In standard Kairosoft manner their mascot character is hilariously overpowered. I'd suggest saving right as one appears and just resetting until it's 4 or 5 stars then praying to god that you can catch it. Even when I get a round of hits in to weaken one it still took half a dozen or so tries until I managed to grab one successfully. They're worth it though. Do the medal farming thing and upgrade some equipment/spells and let your bot run around blowing poo poo up. :hellyeah:

• Locked thread