Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PL Story 2 gets almost impossibly hard because of the mechanic where teams get better if you beat them by a lot of goals. I just sat there grinding stats for so long that everyone in my starting 11 has 750+ points in every stat, and 3 guys have over 900 in every stat. I blew past everyone in World League, beating them all by 4+ goals, and just from playing each of them one time they all instantly powered up to the point where I had a -11 goal differential in my 2nd attempt at the World League tournament. Now all the bonus requirements are basically impossible, because the stats soft cap lower than required to ever beat any of these guys by 9 goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh for gently caress's sake. Started a new game on GP Story because I lost the save file and felt like playing today. Only just realised you can have two cars in a race. Other play through I did basically everything and I never found out. :negative:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

McDragon posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. Started a new game on GP Story because I lost the save file and felt like playing today. Only just realised you can have two cars in a race. Other play through I did basically everything and I never found out. :negative:

Think of it as now being able to double your fun. You have one driver in your serious car and you make the technical driver putt around in a banana. (I'm sure there's a better way to do it, that's just how I always did it.)

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

McDragon posted:

Wait what? Now I need to play again...

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money
I figured it out in my first game, but I'm actually not surprised that people missed it. I don't think at any point they explicitly tell you, I just figured it out after I got a garage expansion, there was two repair areas there and I attempted to hire another driver and got myself a second team because of it.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Bumping since we have the new Dream House game on iOS. I'm enjoying it so far - it's somewhere between the sims and Sim Tower. You furnish apartments to increase the rent, and also try to move your residents along in life. We'll see how it holds up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Bumping since we have the new Dream House game on iOS. I'm enjoying it so far - it's somewhere between the sims and Sim Tower. You furnish apartments to increase the rent, and also try to move your residents along in life. We'll see how it holds up.

I played it on Android it's pretty fun, I stopped playing when the soccer game came out, but Dream House needs several games to get stuff to max level. In game Dev you can get a level 10 category pretty easy by the end of a single play. It has decent replayability, but the premium currency is kinda odd (in both Dream House and Soccer II). I mean its now an actual premium currency instead of a rare one, and you are given it for playing (in real time) punishing you for using fast mode. At least in Soccer you get it for playing online. In Dream House you get it when people on your friends list play (which is an odd system). The time sink to max a profile is probably because of the online leader board to extend the competitive time frame.

Dream House is fun, its a Kairosoft game, but like most of them you burn out before maxing a file.

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer
I have a quick question about tablet compatibility for Kairosoft games. I play them just fine on my Note 2, but I'm looking at getting a Nexus 10, and wanted to make sure I could continue my blissful habit of playing my crack games. Anybody have any experience with this?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Foam Monkey posted:

I have a quick question about tablet compatibility for Kairosoft games. I play them just fine on my Note 2, but I'm looking at getting a Nexus 10, and wanted to make sure I could continue my blissful habit of playing my crack games. Anybody have any experience with this?

All their games run fine on my Nexus7, I haven't tried a 10inch but I assume it looks even better then it does on my 7. I know its not exactly what you want, but I don't know many goons with a Nexus10, if any of them see this maybe they could confirm it works fine on the larger screen.

Though very few android games exclude devices because of screen size, you have to go out of your way to restrict things on the Android OS, unlike iOS where you have to have different builds for Tablet and phone.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 24, 2013

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
Anyone can guess when the Pirate Game (english translation) is going to be released? The only info I have was that the Japanese version was release in April 2013.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I'm very late to the party but is anyone still playing Pocket League 2? If so can you add me please - 308,817,156

Got an Android tablet yesterday, will probably splash out on Ninja Village + 1 or 2 others once I have finished reading through the whole thread to decide on another game or two to add to the shopping list.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Fazana posted:

I'm very late to the party but is anyone still playing Pocket League 2? If so can you add me please - 308,817,156

Got an Android tablet yesterday, will probably splash out on Ninja Village + 1 or 2 others once I have finished reading through the whole thread to decide on another game or two to add to the shopping list.

All the kairosoft games are good, but they also kinda build on each other. If you play an older one after playing a newer one you might find yourself missing a feature. But if you like the theme most are good regardless.

Game Dev Story is still good, and Dream House Days is a newer title and F2P, I liked the game but I remember some people not liking the premium currency system. I didn't feel a need for any of the items but again in previous games you got way more "premium" currency and you didn't have the option to buy it so I guess it feels like a downgrade, but hey you don't have to pay 5bux.

Kairosoft's website has a listing of all their games on Android with release dates for everything this year. Anything older is still listed but isn't dated.

They are probably due for a new game in a month or so, so don't burn out too hard. I find that the games are so similar you have to take a break between them of a few weeks or its just impossible to pick up a new one, and if you want to enjoy the ever loving poo poo out of it and stay up all night you need to give it a month or two. Seriously though all their games are great get anything that interests you. Anything from this year is pretty good and polished overall and "feature complete" This year they have mostly been working on friend sharing stuff.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 3, 2013

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

SubNat posted:

So, apparently Kairosoft did a sneaky release a few days ago:

Pocket Harvest is out. :toot:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...campaign%3Dtext

Crossposting from the Android Gaming thread, it's Android only, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The funny thing about Dream House Days being F2P is that it's even less of a "game" than anything else they've done - it's literally Pocket Sims, except I'm pretty sure your KairoSims never die or light themselves on fire or anything. I know I'm not the market for purely aesthetic IAP but I still question how much they really made over just having it be a $5 game.

I haven't been to Japan in over a decade though so who knows maybe they go nuts for that poo poo. :shrug:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

SubNat posted:

Crossposting from the Android Gaming thread, it's Android only, though.

I just checked the store earlier today and didn't see it! Thanks!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Fazana posted:

Just got into PL2 and I'm not going to be anywhere near the high leagues before the playthrough ends. Am I not expected to beat the game in playthrough 1 or am I just pretty bad?

My code is 709241520 If anyone is interested.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Deki posted:

Am I not expected to beat the game in playthrough 1 or am I just pretty bad?

I'm pretty sure this is the case. Hell, I was even having troubles when I got my whole team up to superstars with almost maxed out stats because of the way enemy teams were scaling.

Edit: Player skills/stats carry over between playthroughs - with enough time and new game +'s, you can turn your starting roster into absolute monsters.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
I don't have a handy link to it at the moment, but Kairosoft snuck out another (Japanese) game on Android a few weeks ago. It's basically Pocket Patisserie and looks like Cafeteria Nipponica with a focus on desserts, and it's also a pay upfront kind of game.

Just in case anyone was slobbering for pixelated cake slices.

Edit: 16-bit cakes.

Kimitsu fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 20, 2013

FoxMcCloud
Dec 1, 2003

Sorry to jet, but I'm in a hurry.
Pocket Stables is available on iOS now for anyone needing another Kairosoft fix.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Does anyone have tips on Grand Prix Story? Most walkthroughs talk about stacking golden aura upgrades on your legacy part and car, but I've only seen a few of those in two playthroughs and didn't even manage to unlock the banana car. I feel like I'm still missing something in how to really play this game but I'm not sure what it is.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Olaf The Stout posted:

Does anyone have tips on Grand Prix Story? Most walkthroughs talk about stacking golden aura upgrades on your legacy part and car, but I've only seen a few of those in two playthroughs and didn't even manage to unlock the banana car. I feel like I'm still missing something in how to really play this game but I'm not sure what it is.
GP Story just needs a ton of research points to unlock things. I didn't even realize you could use auras to upgrade parts until late in my second playthrough when almost all parts were fully upgraded (I mainly used them for training my drivers and when building new cars).

Need to use the research points to take every car to 50% which unlocks the other cars, then research parts to either 80 or 100% which unlocks most parts. Otherwise, just keep winning races, build up your sponsors since they give a unique unlock when filled, and keep racing. Winning races gives auras.

The later drivers that are named after real F1 drivers (Senna, Vettel, Button, Hamilton) have solid stats that you can train to with auras. Hire the better mechanics and upgrade them with research points as well. At the end game you'll need a full roster of full or nearly full upgraded mechanics to have enough tech to get good stats on your S-level car builds.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Pocket Harvest is possibly the most engaging one I've played so far. There is little time to watch your farmers at work, you're constantly shifting things around to optimize yield, especially for assignments where you have to produce a certain quantity of a fruit or vegetable.

That said, it's pretty easy to make money to keep growing your farm.

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

Stick Insect posted:

Pocket Harvest is possibly the most engaging one I've played so far. There is little time to watch your farmers at work, you're constantly shifting things around to optimize yield, especially for assignments where you have to produce a certain quantity of a fruit or vegetable.

That said, it's pretty easy to make money to keep growing your farm.

Half liking it, half not. Is seriously cultivating over and over and over really the only way to upgrade crops?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I feel there is almost too much going on, you want to keep cultivating over and over, and have the research to spare. Most titles you are waiting on research to spend more on creating your new thing. I feel that I'm not really playing the game so much as constantly being flooded with popups about winning the same contest for the 20th time, and you want to win it with all the crops so they sell for more. It just feels frantic, when I play a kairosoft game I want a nice chill game where I do things watch a bit and see the impact while earning research and coin. I then try and make things even better.

I just feel I don't get to see the impact at all. The soccer game is a great example of what it should be. I can't help to think that making cultivation 5 times the cost and 5 times as effective, just make it raise a whole rank, gently caress it, would be more fun.

Don't get me wrong its still a good game, but I think its a poor game for being a newer title, there are better ones out there and unless you've milked them dry its a weak title, until this point I've always felt unless you really like a theme that the newest is always the way to go.

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Looks like Ninja Village is out on iOS now, I liked Astro Story and Dungeon Village so I may have to give it a go...

http://appshopper.com/games/ninja-village

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Stormfang1502 posted:

Looks like Ninja Village is out on iOS now, I liked Astro Story and Dungeon Village so I may have to give it a go...

http://appshopper.com/games/ninja-village

So is it passive gameplay like dungeon village or do you take some active control like in beastie bay?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

So is it passive gameplay like dungeon village or do you take some active control like in beastie bay?
You direct your ninjas/shugunate forces to attack different clans, so more like Beastie Bay I'd say. I felt like the emphasis was a lot less on the town building than most of the games and more on assembling and directing your murdersquad. I beat all the normal warlords with a very poorly optimized city in year 15ish.

I had quite a lot of fun with it. Though the end is a little slow when you're just waiting to get enough money to upgrade your forces enough to beat the last few warlords. I'm sure I probably could have sped that up quite a bit with a better town layout, but I didn't really want to go through the hassle. And thankfully there wasn't any IAP that I saw.

FoxMcCloud
Dec 1, 2003

Sorry to jet, but I'm in a hurry.
World Cruise Story came out a few days ago for iOS. I know some people were waiting for this one for awhile now, and I hope I can get to it soon since Kairosoft games are the most addicting mobile games I've ever played.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's nowhere near as fun as Dungeon Village. I found it kind of grindy and boring, honestly. My least favorite recent one.

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!
World Cruise Story has zero balance. I literally reached a point where I had no money, no chance of making money, and was just floating in a sea of disappointment and broken dreams.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
The problem with Ninja Village is there's a point where you just have to grind out enough troops and equipment to beat the next battle and it takes forever.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Zaii posted:

World Cruise Story has zero balance. I literally reached a point where I had no money, no chance of making money, and was just floating in a sea of disappointment and broken dreams.

Epic Astro Story also has a risk of this. You'll need to keep winning missions to keep income going, especially in the beginning. If you keep losing, you grow poor. I really liked the town building part in that, reminded me of the Anno series.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I've had Pocket Harvest since it came out and just started playing it finally. V anyone have good tips?

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Research every crop the moment you get it so you can have at least four fields of it. Same goes for farm animals.

Your farmers don't need to use the roads, but they move faster on them. Use roads sparingly to get bonuses from adjacent stuff objects.

Pick the right moment to do a mission for a shop, e.g. when the crops are ready to be harvested.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

One of the best early crops to have 16 of to use pretty much purely for the research building is the cherry tomato. Get that to 16 fields, Mac all the stats on it and that should cover you for the rest of the game.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Cryohazard posted:

The problem with Ninja Village is there's a point where you just have to grind out enough troops and equipment to beat the next battle and it takes forever.

This is the worst part of the game. I hit the last boss and realised he was easily twice as strong as I was.

It was pretty disappointing because otherwise it's my favourite kairosoft game.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
How is the horse game? Anyone played it? It seems similar to Grand Prix but with a breeding mechanic that might be interesting.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

nucleicmaxid posted:

How is the horse game? Anyone played it? It seems similar to Grand Prix but with a breeding mechanic that might be interesting.

It's kind of like the isometric city builders but with a racing mechanic. You train the horse and jockey and can slot some skills. I'm guessing that if they ever made a sequel to Grand Prix, it'd be a lot like the horse one.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Stick Insect posted:

Research every crop the moment you get it so you can have at least four fields of it. Same goes for farm animals.

Your farmers don't need to use the roads, but they move faster on them. Use roads sparingly to get bonuses from adjacent stuff objects.

Pick the right moment to do a mission for a shop, e.g. when the crops are ready to be harvested.

Thanks for the tips. Finished my first playthrough of Pocket Harvest and really enjoyed it. Just need to figure out a good way of generating lightbulbs. Might have to go back to PL Story 2 and try to finish out a playthrough....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I got really into Game Dev Story and GP Story, but I've really soured on the city-building aspects of all the recent games.

Having just picked up an Android tablet, are any of the old Android exclusives worth playing, from the perspective of someone who never wants to place another isometric building in his lifetime?

• Locked thread