Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Force gun was one of my favorites in the first game and it somehow feels even better in the second. Having it tricked out made the last boss a joke without ever needing to switch to another weapon. Secondary fire is sweet for hitting a line of enemies for great damage, but it's the knock back in either mode that buys you those critical seconds you always need. Even if you don't kill them in one hit, sending them flying away lets you follow up with a secondary fire shot, a TK pole toss, etc.

Even powered up I never found the flamethrower that good. Seemed only handy against a few small and weak enemies, and there was always the force gun for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

Every time you complain about how weak the force gun is because you haven't upgraded it yet, I keep saying "Alt Fire" to my screen. Even if it doesn't kill something in one hit, it throws them out of face rape range and forces them to stand up.

Hoping you'll get some good show off moves with the contact beam. That thing could plow through most bosses with ease if they just let you have a few seconds of freedom. The line gun was more useful in the first game where there were a lot of catwalks and straight paths where you could leg sweep an entire horde at once. DS2 has a lot more obstacles, sloping paths, and feels a bit more close quarters to not let it shine as much.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

Neruz posted:

Oh please they clearly recovered it for more Marker research; goddamn Humans just cannot leave well enough alone. Oh noes we accidentally mined out an eldrich horrorterror that ate an entire ship! Wellp better bring it right the gently caress back to earth so we can look at it and wonder where all the face eating monsters came from :downs:

Is it ever really explained why there's such a hard on for the Marker's that they're constantly willing to turn thousands of people into a fleshy lego set? The unitoligists keep going on about convergence which is very bad and others about unlocking the secrets of humanity or such, but nothing concrete like "Hey! We could cure cancer with this!" Never seen the movie shorts or touched the third one and from what I've heard about the gameplay, doubt I will.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

Man, I realize that it would be boring if EVERYTHING went to plan, but at this point NOTHING ever goes to plan, EVERYTHING has a last-minute complication, or several, so you pretty much just keep expecting it and it has no impact whatsoever.

Also, what is the point of the vent-crawling? I mean, nothing attacks you in there, there are never any branching paths, a straight corridor with no necromorphs would have served the same purpose.

I think the sole purpose of the vent crawls is just to pack in a few more cheap jump scares.

"Gah! Something moved around the corner ahead of me! Oh. It's gone."

"Well that was a boring crawl through... Gah! No needles to my face! Oh. I'm just crazy."

• Locked thread