Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Oh, dear, it looks like we're not getting PENG this time around. But that's OK, because ANTI just seems really unhelpful in the first place. No wonder Howard went crazy.

Or too much time around animals and not enough around people. I know that feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

SaigonTimeMD posted:

I MISSED PENG SO DON'T MISS THIS UPDATE

Sorry dudes and dudettes, it completely slipped my mind. I even had a "huh, what's that for? Oh well, probably nothing," moment when I walked past the secret panel key. WHOOPS.

loving Skyrim.

OK, now I'm feeling better. But I wonder, do any of the other sidegames from Dead Space have PENG in them?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Neruz posted:

Nope, not really. Humans in the Dead Space universe just do not know how to leave poo poo alone.
Actually, there is an explanation as to why this poo poo keeps happening, but I don't think we're there yet.

If worst comes to worst, we'll just come out and say it later.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I hate the Hunter. I hate the Hunter so much, it wrecked my poo poo every time I played through this area. I don't know how to best fend it off. It hates me. It hates us all.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Sgt Thud posted:

Likely unnecessary sperging about stuff no one really cares about below, spoiler for caution:

According to the wiki and some other supplementary stuff, this one is actually called the Ubermorph. You can see it trailing behind the swarm when you first let them all in, and it's got structures reminiscent of the Hive Mind, such as the multi-pronged face. Far as I can gather, it's supposed to be a "pure" necromorph, formed from convergence shenanigans and pure marker energy instead of infected dead things. It's got a much smoother skin and isn't colored like rotten meat either so it's definitely not the Ishimura Hunter. Sorry for the ramble.

But remember, Stross was seeing the ubermorph too, throughout the entire game, if I recall correctly.

• Locked thread