Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Man, I realize that it would be boring if EVERYTHING went to plan, but at this point NOTHING ever goes to plan, EVERYTHING has a last-minute complication, or several, so you pretty much just keep expecting it and it has no impact whatsoever.
To be fair, that happened in the first one too.
"Isaac, we need you to get the engines on."
"Isaac, we need you to turn on the asteroid bug zappers so we don't get perforated with our engines on."
"Isaac, the greenhouse is covered in pond scum and you need to squeegee it so we don't choke on our own farts."
"Isaac, the captain's stash is at the other end of the ship and I'm jonesin' at the controls, could you get that for me before I freak out and think the command deck is covered in spiders."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Well yeah, I suppose it's thematic for the series, it just gets really annoyingly predictable when a game pulls it all the time. I forget if it was the original FEAR or one of the expansions which had literally every helicopter flight bar the very first or so, end in a crash, or had every helicopter shot down just before it could pick you up, etc. it just sort of became a theme that you expected.
Agreed. It's not new, but it was getting old the first time around too.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Well, Issac is an engineer. Fitting that he should have to fix everyone's goddamn stupid problems all the time.

"Issac, I think my computer has a virus or something on it. Could you take a look at it?"
At least this 'bout he can express his displeasure with that kind of bullshit without roaring and stomping. Though whether that's more or less satisfying only he can say.

• Locked thread