Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

I'm glad you've decided to start updating again, Crowetron. Don't leave us with Eternal Blue Balls (sorry), go all the way through the Epilogue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerthus
Aug 18, 2014
My birthday is on Tuesday. If there isn't an update on Wednesday I'm taking it personally. I might even cry. No pressure.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This LP is like a Phoenix!

With a lot of dragons.

(glad to see this is back! The adventures of awesome characters + Hiro must be concluded!)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mehuyael posted:

With a lot of dragons.

And by dragons, we mean cats.

And by cats, we mean Ruby.

And by Ruby, we mean shut the gently caress up, Ruby.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

And by dragons, we mean cats.

And by cats, we mean Ruby.

And by Ruby, we mean shut the gently caress up, Ruby.

Most cats see themselves as gods.

The humble ones merely see themselves as dragons.

(their breath does burn my nostrils)

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Episode 55: By Popular Demand

Music ~ Field to Tomorrow

: "Guys? Where the balls are we?"

: "We are lost!"

: "We're not lost!"

: "...we're a little lost."

: "What are we even doing out here?"

: "We're looking for the Blue Dragon Cave, dummy! Remember? Jean beat Fiendish Master Lunn with her super karate, saved all the children, and we got the Dragon Aura. By the way, Hiro, I'm pretty sure Lunn said the cave was to the East."

: "Yeah, Ronfar. That was just like, this morning."

: "Really? Quark's balls, that feels like it was months ago."

: "Lemme see the map, Hiro."

: "I uh...I might have left it back on the ship."

: "Oh my Goddess, you big dum-dum."

: "Alright, then we go back to the ship. And I'll handle the navigating from now on, Hiro."

Two Hours Later

: "This HAS to be it."

: "Yeah, right where I say it would be..."

: "Hiro."

: "..."

: "Guys, I forgot what we were doing again."

Music ~ Conquering the Cave

And we're back. Unfortunately, we're also back to the Dragon Caves which are all pretty dull. There's only so much you can do with a cave, design wise, particularly in a 2D RPG. And the rest of this act will follow this sort of pattern: cool plot stuff, slog through a cave, meet a dragon. At least the cool plot stuff is poo poo like Karate Tournaments and Wizard Battles!

The White Dragon was ice, and the Blue Dragon is clearly water, and the local baddies reflect that. Tiger Sharks, which are clearly still dolphins, can hit the whole party at once, but really aren't a big deal. Water Elementals, on the other hand, can be trouble. They're extremely fast and can inflict Silence on hit. If they decide to go after Ronfar or Lemina, they can really drag out a fight.

Of course, the way elements work in Lunar 2 means that opposing elements always do extra damage to each other, so :smugwizard:

One thing the Blue Dragon Cave has going for it is pretty water effects.

Oh, I see you to saucy little fucker.

But first, this guy. Doom Riggers are weird enemies. They have a load of health but don't attack directly. Instead, on the first turn, they spawn a bunch of little worms, and then on the second turn they straight up run away. If you focus your attacks and don't mind burning a little MP, it's not really difficult to take one out before it escapes, which you absolutely should do because they are loaded.

Yeah, I'll take 3000+ exp for a two round fight. Thank you very much, Lunar 2.

There are a few of these stone paths that you need to hop across to progress. It's not much but it does give a the place a little bit of flavor, I guess.

That guy looks new.

Aqua Assassins are easily the most dangerous enemy you'll encounter in here. They have enough HP to withstand a round of punishment from Hiro and Jean, hit like a truck, and can fire a beam that hits everything in a straight line. And they always have little buddies around to add up the damage. Just focus on the fishman first, and be prepared to heal up afterwards. At this point, you should have no problem affording to load up on healing herbs before each dungeon, so use 'em.

Oh, cool, another staff for Lemina that I'll never use out of laziness.

The next floor has more treasures.

: "Why are we carrying around all these Holy Waters anyway? And all this garlic?"

: "I couldn't beat Dracula back in Pentagulia, but I'll be ready for him next time!"

: "Hiro, that wasn't--!"

: "Ruby, don't. Just...just let it go."

I wonder if these Dragon Caves are naturally occurring places that the Dragons just chill in or if they magic up ideal lairs somehow. Didn't Lunar 1 have the Black Dragon hanging out in an ancient ruin or something?

For that matter, what kind of hosed up evolutionary pressures results in a lizard-boat?

:getin:

Oh, an actually useful treasure! The Anti-Magic Ring increases the wearer's resistance to all enemy magic, which is great for Ronfar.

Crematorium has my favorite spell description in the game (ignore my MP).

Lemina's the best, you guys :allears:

The Plasma Ring is another elemental resistance buff. I want to say it's Wind and Fire, but I don't remember.

And here in front of the waterfall that I don't fully understand is new head armor for the ladies. We've been pretty consistently going down throughout the cave, but we keep passing through rooms with big ol' pools of water in 'em. Either I have no idea how aquatic cave systems work, or this place is terrifying.

This is that chest we could see from the Plasma Ring chest. This will be handy because...

: "Uh...is THAT the Blue Dragon?"

: "It's clearly green, Lem, c'mon."

: "This is another of ZOPHAR's twisted creations!"

: "And I'm about to twist it's drat head off. Let's dance!"

Music ~ Boss Theme

Acceptable Alternative

Although it's significantly goofier than its White counterpart, the Blue Fiend is actually a real pain the rear end. Disc 2 is not loving around with boss fights.

As usually, you'll want to throw out you buffs (Jean pops Dopple Dance, Lem casts Power Flame one your two heavy hitters), and then unload with Poe Sword and Blue Dragon Palm. Lemina can do a lot by exploiting the Fiend's weakness to fire, but Ronnie needs to focus solely on healing.

Blue Balls will always start his pattern by hitting everyone with a flash flood of pain.

In addition to hitting everyone for triple digits, the flood also places a Magic Field on the map, which buffs the corresponding element (see the little water icon in the lower right corner). Luckily, Lemina's Erase Magic can clear that right up. All the Fiends use Fields and you should always focus on clearing them. These big dumb lizards hit hard enough without the boost.

The Fiend's weird-rear end breath attack actually hits in a circular zone around the target, so Ronfar got a little collateral here, too. It can also inflict Silence which is bad, since we need everyone burning MP to be as effective as possible.

Then, there's this attack. The Fiend pulls everyone into a whirlpool...

...launches them into the air...

Then drops them on their heads. Ronfar when down here, and I thought this might've been a wipe, but I was able to recover.

Because the next turn the Fiend healed itself (by becoming one with the Speed Force or something), which gave me time to throw my own heals around in a panic. The Fiends follow a very strict pattern, and we just reached the end of Ol' Blue's, so next he's gonna bust out the Flash Flood.

So, I had Hiro cast White Dragon Protect. White Dragon Protect shields the whole part from one spell, so when the flood comes...

...we just wade through it. White Dragon Protect is a hugely expensive spell, but it is also incredibly valuable against pattern based encounters like this. It's probably my favorite of the Dragon spells, and it was also the first one we got, so no reason to sleep on it.

We come out the other end with a few new cuts and bruises, and also a bunch of horrible abomination guts all over the floor.

Also, some new tricks!

Let's go see what's up with this Dragon dude.

Music ~ Between Dragons

: "Well, it worked last time, so..."

Blue looks way cooler than Nall, just sayin'

It must be tough being a mythical beast in a world where Adventurer is a legit profession.

Same, friend. Same.

: "Everybody knows poo poo's hosed."

: "So you need me and the other Dragons to free Althena from her bonds...so together you can return Zophar to his magical prison."

: "You are correct, Blue Dragon. As a child of Althena, it is your duty to aid me."

: "...Should we be worried about that, you guys?"

: "Sorry, I wasn't listening. I was thinking about sandwiches."

: "What kind of sandwiches?"

: "Oh, all sorts. Ham. Bologna. Maybe some pulled pork. Cheese steak."

: "Omigosh, we should totally get some cheese steaks after this."

Good night, Blue Dragon. I'll miss you most of all.

The spell provided by the Blue Dragon Crest if a full heal for the whole party. Nice, but not as nice as White Dragon Protect.

And then Ruby was an Archdemon.

I am amused that Ruby has more character growth in this one room than the star of Lunar: Dragon Song has over the whole game.

: "That's two Dragons down! I guess next up, we're heading to Neo Vane!"

: "Hear that, Lemina! It's time to save your mother and beat up Borgan! Aren't you excited?"

: Lemina? Lem, are you listening? What are you writing?"

: "Huh? Oh, I'm writing down fat jokes as I think of them so I don't forget any before we find Borgan."

: "Oh! Wow, you've uh...already almost filled that notebook, huh?"

: "This is my third one. I let Ronfar borrow the other two. Y'know, for proof reading!"

: "My favorite so far is the sonnet about gross jowls."

: "What the hell is even happening anymore?"

Bonus Material! Sorta!

So, circumstances led me to use a save file from the internet, which reveal to me that I had totally missed a bromide somewhere along the way. So, here it is:

All my dudes and all my peeps like to wear nightcaps when they go to sleep!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
You realize you have to write a sonnet about jowls now, right?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Crowetron posted:

I am amused that Ruby has more character growth in this one room than the star of Lunar: Dragon Song has over the whole game.

Not like that's hard, mind you.

The spell you get from the Blue Dragon Crest, which I believe is still called Blue Dragon Vigor in this game, has been seriously nerfed. In the original, it would add +6 to your number of attacks for one round. You also crit hit way more in the original, so Blue Dragon Vigor can demolish boss fights. Okay, it doesn't demolish the next upcoming boss, rather it makes it more fair, but we'll get to that when we get to that. Blue Dragon Vigor + attacking will usually do a minimum of 1000 damage, upwards of 2300 if you're lucky with criticals. And that's if your character's weapon isn't hitting a weakness. There's one boss fight where Blue Dragon Vigor plus the proper buffs and debuffs will reduce the fight to four rounds. (And yes, it's normally a pretty hard fight otherwise.)

Oh, and in the original, Lemina actually starts with Magic Swiper.

EDIT: Oh, and I should mention that all of the Dragon spells, all of them, are 99 MP in the original. You do get more MP in the original, though. (For comparison's sake, my Lemina going through the Blue Dragon Cave had 242 MP) As I understand this is a change from the Japanese version. For example White Dragon Protect was... like 91 MP I think. Blue Dragon Vigor was 75. Not much of a change, really.

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 18, 2014

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

yay it's back! I remember playing this game a few years ago. A friend let me borrow it, and I loved it. I think it was mostly due to the characters not trying to take things too seriously. I feel too many games have your characters put in weird situations and try to have them play it straight.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

You realize you have to write a sonnet about jowls now, right?

You've doomed yourself, Crowetron.

Nerthus
Aug 18, 2014

Nerthus posted:

My birthday is on Tuesday. If there isn't an update on Wednesday I'm taking it personally. I might even cry. No pressure.

Crowetron posted:

Episode 55: By Popular Demand

:woop:

How you gonna top this for my Christmas present, Crowetron?

Seeing this Blue Dragon coming off of the Lunar DS thread is like a sweet palate cleanse. The dragons had such distinct personalities and Blue was always my favorite.

I remember how many of us used to hope that the companion "flying cat" for Lunar 3 would be blue... and now I've got the sads again.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

I can't tell if that was just a poorly-chosen set of words on that description, or Working Designs being Working Designs.

Anyway, nice to see you back, Crowetron.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
I'm just glad I read this update AFTER the final Dragon Song update. Jean, reminding me how to love kung fu again.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Glad this LP is back, I binged it a few weeks ago and really dug it.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Bufuman posted:

I can't tell if that was just a poorly-chosen set of words on that description, or Working Designs being Working Designs.

I am absolutely betting on Working Designs being Working Designs.

Joining the general chorus of 'good to have you back', Crowetron. Especially after Dragon Song...god. gently caress that game. Good thing we have a much better game to remind us why people liked Lunar in the first place.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
As great as Crematorium's description is, they really should have sprung for "asses to ashes, butts to dust" instead :colbert:.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The blue dragon has a nice design on the wings.

Otherwise joining the crowd of people anticipating the fat man beatdown.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Bufuman posted:

Thinking mostly in images means that this is definitely not a poor choice of words.

That Blue dragon design looks nice, I especially like the wings. Though the Blue Dragon design for Dragon Song didn't look anything like this it wasn't the worst design for a dragon.

I look forward to seeing more Crowetron.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Niton posted:

As great as Crematorium's description is, they really should have sprung for "asses to ashes, butts to dust" instead :colbert:.

I can't help but feel that was supposed to be :thejoke:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nerthus posted:

:woop:

How you gonna top this for my Christmas present, Crowetron?

Seeing this Blue Dragon coming off of the Lunar DS thread is like a sweet palate cleanse. The dragons had such distinct personalities and Blue was always my favorite.

I remember how many of us used to hope that the companion "flying cat" for Lunar 3 would be blue... and now I've got the sads again.

Of course you mean my birthday present. The one benefit of being born Dec. 25th is that I get to make unreasonable demands for my birthday.

The Blue Dragon seemed like a pretty cool dude. I wonder if one'll be an enormous dick, maybe even need to be beaten into submission...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Butts to dust. And a dragon that gives absolutely zero fucks about being in this game.

This is, quite possibly, the pinnacle of the art form that is video games.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
I'd say welcome back, but I just got to this thread myself, so I've no cause to say it as I haven't had time to miss you (and your updates). That said, yay for catching up! I look forward to welcoming you back in the future! (Maybe I shouldn't look forward to that, though...)

I've never played this game before, though I did play part of the remade first game (I don't know the series - I think it was Silver Star Story Complete? - the one with Mia and Jessica and Alex). Funnily enough, my first run in with the series was the DS game and... I played about 5 minutes of it before putting it down, never to be touched again. It just didn't hook me, and I've a lot of love for classic jRPGs, so... Yeah, it's that bad.

I'm really enjoying this LP so far, though. Your humour is great and it mixes really well with the characters as they're already portrayed in the game so that's an extra bonus! I'm really looking forward to seeing where things go in the story.

(And I will admit that I didn't guess about Lunn being Mr. Mask... mainly because I figured it was too obvious to be true. I was leaning towards the carnival owner, actually. Welp!)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This cave is the second place you should only be grinding in this game and for a long time. You avoid a few encounters and fight the two Riggers, then escape. The last grind spot is basically end game unless you really grinded before the plot advances too far.
Jean is now halfway to becoming a full God Hand.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Jean is now halfway to becoming a full God Hand.

Nah, that's 100% pure God Hand right there. :clint:

(Elvis was awesome, we need more of the big guy)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, and here I thought Lucia trusted people by now.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Episode 56: Castle-Vane-ia

: "I told you guys it would be a good idea to check in with Horam after your victory, Jean!"

: "The parade was certainly a surprise!"

: "Uppercuts, spin-kicks, suplexes...that was the most violent parade I've ever seen."

: "Awesome."

: "Oh crap! We forgot to ask for directions to the Black Dragon cave!"

: "Oh, we just follow the river south past the Blue's cave."

: "How do you know that?"

: "I'm on the official Dragon Mailing List now!"

South it is, then.

We don't get too far before we find trouble, though.

FMV - Neo Vane!

: "Hiro, if I hear one word about Dracula, I'm going to punch you in the mouth."

Maybe it's orbiting Borgan?

The sky darkens as a blast of sorcery erupts from Neo-Vane

trapping the Destiny in a black dome.

Sadly, the city is not riding on the dragon's back while it flies through the air, like that one level in Golden Axe.

: "Looks like we'll just have to continue on foot."

: "How are you planning on doing that, kid? This spell is strong enough to stop the Destiny in it's tracks! It's not like we can just walk through it!"

: "Oh. Huh."

So, with nowhere else to go, we head into what is a very strong contender for Worst Dungeon in the Game.

Dungeon Tunes ~ Growing Fear

Acceptable Alternative

Welcome to Zaback Mines.

Zaback Mines are filled with walking bombs. I can't help but be reminded of the Moleville Mine from Super Mario RPG, except Zaback Mines doesn't have a fun minecart section, or a comical boss, or any real sense of charm.

These rear end in a top hat Boombas are what turns this dungeon from an unremarkable pitstop into a painful chore. See those one with lit fuses? They're going to explode. The blue one moves faster than anyone in the party can unless you load up Jean with speed boosting crests. When they blow up, they deal a bunch of damage and are gone. Since you technically didn't kill them, you don't get any of the EXP or Silver they would've dropped. These are also the only enemies in the whole place.

So, basically, every fight will have at least one enemy who gets a free shot on you and robs you of potential rewards. gently caress this place.

This is actually the first dungeon where I actually avoid battles whenever I can. It's simply not worth it. Especially since the Blue Dragon cave still has Riggers hanging around: I can make up whatever EXP I miss out on here in a few minutes once I get the Destiny moving again.

This wall totally looks like a secret, but it's not. Gets me everytime.

Oh, and I guess characters can still level up even after getting KO'd. I knew they still got EXP, but I've never seen this happen before. Good for you, Lem.

Treasure is still nice. You're not all bad, Zaback Mines.

The Fresh Ring protects against Poison, Paralysis, and Sleep, which is very nice for one little ring.

Let's check out our new Dragon spell before I forget.

: "Chillax, bros."

: "Thank you, Based Dragon."

: "What the crap?! 32 measly coins? Did we find these in a treasure chest or between some couch cushions? Why did we even come in here if THIS is what they consider treasure?!"

: "We did not enter these mines for treasure, Lemina."

: "THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!"

Earth Ring protects from Thunder and Wind magic. These resistance rings would be more useful if I could remember which one is which.

Oh, good, this must be the exit. After four floors of getting constantly blown up, I could really use a break.

Cool, maybe we can swipe this one out from under Borgan's nose.

Except the door doesn't open and clicking on it just repeats Lucia's line.

I actually got kinda lost at this point and had to look up a map to find my way out. The exit is in the center bottom of the level with the Dragon door on it.

Here it is.

Whoa, who the hell are you people?

Looks like Borgan saw that Lunn and Mauri were pulling poo poo like creating child soldiers and commiting mass murder so he decided to step his evil game up. Ghaleon still thinks they're all small-time bustas, tho :colbert:

Is one city really an 'empire'?

sounds like a pretty crappy job

Welcome to Senator Borgan Armstrong's America.

I imagine his cosmic horror boss would have something to say about that. Probably the not-Goddess, too.

Yeah, buddy, I miss the Drew Carey Show, too.

what a lovely find

Music ~ Somber Memories

Acceptable Alternative

Welcome to Zaback. A crappy, rundown desert town ruled by the tyrannical whims of a fartman. I'm sure Ronfar feels right at home.

This is a slap in the face after a dungeon with near unavoidable damage, but the phrase "Cough up the fundage" does fill me with 90's nostalgia, so it's a bit of a wash.

The rest of this place is just as depressing, so let's hit up the shops before we dive into G-rated Fantasy Apartheid.

Oddly enough, this place is full of upgrades for Jean and Ronfar, but barely anything for anyone else.

Zaback has always been a mining town, but it looks like it was a fairly cheerful and prosperous before Borgan rolled into town.

Best sales pitch I've heard all day!

gently caress the system - This Guy

There's just the usual supplies here, along with the Mind and Snake crests if you missed them earlier.

Fighting tyrannical systems are hard enough when the oppressors can't shoot fireballs with their minds.

People are desperate for their kids to learn magic just so they can escape Borgan's slavery, even if it separates them forever.

Meanwhile, we rob them.

Let's get drunk.

: "I'll take two."

: "Same."

: "In that case, gimme three."

: "...same."

dude's whole life in the toilet

: "Hey, I gots a shtory, too!"

: "Good Goddess, Ronfar, are you drunk already?"

: "That's my sssecret, Jean."

: "I'm always Ronfar."

: "Ugh. Okay, what's your story?"

: "The shad tale of the Guy what turned intos a bee."

: "What? Why?"

: "No one knows~"

That's a nice way of putting it, sure.

: "Or, if you want, I could just punch a hole in his head."

: "...that's Plan B."

: "Hey, Ronfar! You're sober again?"

: "Healing Magic is a hell of a thing, kiddo."

Hmmm, larceny senses tingling.

Maybe I should feel bad about stealing these people's food.

Nevermind, gently caress these dudes

: "Get 'im, Jean!"

: "Lemina, no."

a whole buttload of 'em, you might say

: "Does this mean that you are also longer interested in acquiring vast amounts of currency?"

: "Ahahaha! Oh, honey, you're adorable."

: "Dibs!"

Well, that's enough putzing around. Let's check out the most important building in town.

The Gates to Neo-Vane

: "Should we be worried about this trial everyone was talking about?"

: "I'm sure it will be fine. Worst case scenario, I'll just rain fiery distruction down on all who question us."

: "Works for me."

: "Yeah, sounds good."

: "I can even help!"

: "Let us cleanse the streets!"

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

By the way, Happy Holidays ya buncha nerds :unsmith:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Ah ha ha nice Lunar Dragon Song reference.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Let's be honest here. Dragon Song would have made a lot more sense if it turned out to be a story told by Ronfar while drunk off his rear end. Seriously, just a cutaway to Ronfar after the credits, sitting in a bar, mug to his lips and drunkenly telling the story to keep his latest victim to keep him around and playing more hands.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Let's be honest here. Dragon Song would have made a lot more sense if it turned out to be a story told by Ronfar while drunk off his rear end. Seriously, just a cutaway to Ronfar after the credits, sitting in a bar, mug to his lips and drunkenly telling the story to keep his latest victim to keep him around and playing more hands.

Well now I feel silly for not adding that in

But let's be honest, the story of the inexplicable Bee-man is one that will inspire us and live in our hearts for all time.

By the way, the Zaback Mines are equally boring in the original. It's also populated entirely by bombs, and they give poo poo for EXP and money in the original, even if you kill them all. Although they didn't do that much damage to you, all told. Just boring and annoying.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Camel Pimp posted:

But let's be honest, the story of the inexplicable Bee-man is one that will inspire us and live in our hearts for all time.

I'm going to add him to my nativity scene for sure.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

: "Let us cleanse the streets!"

Hiro's face is me IRL.

Merry Christmas, Crowetron. Keep doin' what you do. :unsmith:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Crowetron posted:

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal. :jihad:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You did get a useless gimmick weapon in the original that does lots of damage, except it works when you are in the Zaback Mines.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Scalding Coffee posted:

You did get a useless gimmick weapon in the original that does lots of damage, except it works when you are in the Zaback Mines.

Actually, that was a dummied out weapon you can only get via glitch or hacking, if you're talking about that pickaxe Ronfar can use.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A totally legit weapon you can get.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Scalding Coffee posted:

A totally legit weapon you can get.

[Meanwhile in Camel Pimp's LP of Lunar: Eternal Blue]

Camel Pimp posted:

At level 8 this message pops up. And this is what the new spell does:

Well. Let's start over then.

Totally normal game behavior. :allears:

Camel Pimp posted:

...this [completely normal game mechanic] creates the "Phantom Inventory." The Phantom Inventory is... for lack of a better descriptor, an absolute mess of random items. Most of the spaces are either empty, or they have either Eye Jewel, the Battle Shadow, or the Battle Scimitar. You can give these items to Ruby.

This process is relatively stable.

Camel Pimp did do something in their LP that Crowetron can only dream of. They got rid of Ruby.

Camel Pimp posted:

Ruby where did you go?

Crowetron posted:

:swoon: You're the best!

Ahem, I mean...

: I thought Christmas only came once a year.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Dec 25, 2014

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Crowetron posted:

Well, that's enough putzing around. Let's check out the most important building in town.

But you already visited the bar... :confused:

Crowetron posted:

The Gates to Neo-Vane

Oh, right, plot stuff. Carry on.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So which of the Four Guardians is actually the biggest rear end in a top hat? Not counting Ghaleon of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Glazius posted:

So which of the Four Guardians is actually the biggest rear end in a top hat? Not counting Ghaleon of course.

Well, Leo is a man of honor and JUSTICE, so we can count him out. There appears to be some mind-control or something going on with Mauri, and while that may be a ruse, we'll go ahead and count her out of the running for now, too.

Which leaves Borgan and Lunn. As terrible as Borgan is, Lunn's whole kidnapping children and raising an army of child soldiers is especially heinous, not to mention the implied torture as part of the cult's training. Lunn definitely seems the more monstrous of the two, and honestly his turning over a new leave speech kinda bothers me. Not the act itself, it's a good story beat and redemption is one of the game's main themes, just how quickly it happens. Like maybe he could've greeted his defeat with outrage and impotent fury, but Jean spares him because Blue Dragon Fist, and we encounter Lunn again later, maybe see him actually helping people, even taking out his former lieutenants or something. THEN he could give his speech about being wrong, and it would've felt a little more earned. But, as it is, it's fine, just a little abrupt. Still, this is a game about pure hearted heroes saving the world from cartoon super-villians, so I don't sweat it too much.

Getting back to your question, Lunn's more evil, but since all of Borgan's actions seem to be driven purely by spite and a bruised ego, the fat wizard is easily the biggest rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread