Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Buy me a PS3 that can play PS2 games and I'll put it on my list. I still can't believe I did that because half my videogame library is useless. Seriously, Sony, whose idea was that to make it PS1 compatible but not PS2?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You can hunt down a PS2 for pretty cheap at this point.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The PS2 is not really a reliable emulator like the PC.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Buy me a PS3 that can play PS2 games and I'll put it on my list. I still can't believe I did that because half my videogame library is useless. Seriously, Sony, whose idea was that to make it PS1 compatible but not PS2?!

PS1 compatibility is cheap to do in software. PS2 compatibility was handled by having a dedicated PS2 on a chip. Unlike the PS2 itself, the old system hardware wasn't being used for anything besides compatibility so they cut it to save costs.

Gotta remember, they kept making PS2s into 2013. Someone figured out that hardly anyone was buying a PS3 to play PS2 games to they cut the feature, instead pointing people to the PS2s that were still on the shelves.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 28, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Crowetron posted:

: "Lucia, how much of this would you say is Zophar's influence?"

: "I am sorry, Jean, but I do not sense Zophar's power anywhere near this location."

: "What's that? 100% of it is Zophar's fault? Great, Hiro, let's get to Pentagulia."

I'm kind of surprised Ramus is able to keep getting staff for that attraction. I guess he's got something of a babyface, and he pays well.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

I'm kind of surprised Ramus is able to keep getting staff for that attraction. I guess he's got something of a babyface, and he pays well.

Hooters doesn't have any trouble getting staff.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Glazius posted:

In real life, the single biggest reason women work as strippers and other such sources of debauchery and service is because those jobs pay really, REALLY freaking well. If Ramus has a swimming pool of money, I'm guessing he can afford to pay premium wages.

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Thanks for updating this, you Ruthless Bastard.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
They say that every time Crowetron updates the LP, a drunkard gets his beer.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

SorataYuy posted:

Oh, really now? :haw: :smuggo:

I calls 'em like I sees 'em. That doesn't mean I'm always right or that I want to be right, though. Glad to see this is back.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zanzibar Ham posted:

They say that every time Crowetron updates the LP, a drunkard gets his beer.

No wonder Ronfar is sober.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I calls 'em like I sees 'em. That doesn't mean I'm always right or that I want to be right, though. Glad to see this is back.

Same here. Looking forward to seeing where Crowetron takes this next, the story-telling angle was an awesome way to bring it back.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
This game is now available on the Playstation Network for anyone that wants to play it.

It was released on the 16th.

It's a good thing!

This is a good game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jenner posted:

This game is now available on the Playstation Network for anyone that wants to play it.

It's a good thing!

This is a good game.

Oh wow, finally.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Jenner posted:

It's a good thing!

This is a good game.

I dropped everything and jumped on my PS3 to buy it, and now I'm not seeing it anywhere. The only Lunar game on there is still Harmony. Is this only in Japan or something?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Yeah, I thought it was Japan only. Not that this isn't great news. (Please make it to the states!)

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Oh my goodness I didn’t realize it was Japan only I suck.

I wonder what chance the US has of also seeing this released here.

Sorry for the false alarm guys. :smith: I suck.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Nah, it's fine. Though one would think the Lunar games would be on the PlayStation Network by now.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
We just need to make the desire for them known! It worked for Suikoden 2! ...Eventually.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
So everyone remember this case of particularly tragic anime face:

Well, with the release of the PSN version in Japan, people have been noticing that the Japanese version looks a little different.

I do know that Working Designs did stretch the aspect ratio to get the videos to go full screen (which is why they're so loving blurry in this game, even worse than in the first remake) but I wouldn't think it would alter the images that badly. Or maybe this is just a bad example or the people recording this in the Japanese version didn't record it correctly or whatever. Still, kinda odd.

...no, this isn't a transparent attempt to make Crow remember he has a thread. What are you talking about?

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
You're doing the good work, CP.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Well, it worked once before, so keep 'em coming, Camel Pimp.

*would seriously love to see this finished*

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Camel Pimp posted:

Well, with the release of the PSN version in Japan, people have been noticing that the Japanese version looks a little different.

I do know that Working Designs did stretch the aspect ratio to get the videos to go full screen (which is why they're so loving blurry in this game, even worse than in the first remake) but I wouldn't think it would alter the images that badly. Or maybe this is just a bad example or the people recording this in the Japanese version didn't record it correctly or whatever. Still, kinda odd.

...no, this isn't a transparent attempt to make Crow remember he has a thread. What are you talking about?

:sterv:

That's one hell of a wandering eye that she's got going on.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is more like walleye.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Camel Pimp posted:

At this point, I am almost willing to play through Lunar 2 to this point just to finish up this thread. But I don't want to LP steal, I have another project I need to get back too, and worst of all, I don't think I could do the Crowetron versions of the characters justice.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Just caught up with the thread, don't leave me hanging!

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Don't worry. Crowetron just seems to have picked up the YourEvilTwin update schedule. Honestly, I hope Crowetron slows down to a Sakura War-esque update pace.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

GrizzlyCow posted:

Don't worry. Crowetron just seems to have picked up the YourEvilTwin update schedule.

No, because Crowetron has actually updated more than once in 2015. And also, he hasn't posted 8 times claiming that an update is coming "soon" (it isn't).

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Come on guys, we're introducing Lucia to the whole spectrum of humanity, and that includes abandonment issues.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

This November, I am thankful that this thread hasn't yet fallen into archives.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Baron Snow posted:

This November, I am thankful that this thread hasn't yet fallen into archives.

We must rise above.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
So, not going to lie, even though I have the Playstation version of this game, I have yet to play it. I forget if it was a Christmas or birthday gift in my younger years.

Still, having seen Camel Pimp's playthrough of the Saturn version, and this version, being played by Crowetron, I can appreciate the differences of each game, some subtle, some not as such. Maybe one of these days, hopefully before I die of old age, I'll actually get around to playing it...assuming my PS2 still works then.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
My PS2 kept getting worse with the emulation over the years and more games kept crashing over time. A real emulator lets you toggle speed.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
I miss this LP.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
We all miss this LP, but Crowetron needs time to create, and we have to learn to be patient.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Maybe not too many days from now there'll be a Christmas miracle.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
At this point I think we'd need divine intervention. From either God or Althena, I'm not picky.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bufuman posted:

At this point I think we'd need divine intervention. From either God or Althena, I'm not picky.

*eyes thread*

*eyes typewriter*

*wonders how soon he can get to the same place*

*realizes he would literally be killed four words in by a freak meteor accident*

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Chokes McGee posted:

*eyes thread*

*eyes typewriter*

*wonders how soon he can get to the same place*

*realizes he would literally be killed four words in by a freak meteor accident*

Do it anyways :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

SorataYuy posted:

Maybe not too many days from now there'll be a Christmas miracle.

The miracle is that he posts "I quit" and closes the thread so that people stop bumping an abandoned LP which the author has absolutely no interest in continuing.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 18, 2015

• Locked thread