Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The miracle is that he posts "I quit" and closes the thread so that people stop bumping an abandoned LP which the author has absolutely no interest in continuing.

And that was Stabbey_the_Clown, with his lovely rendition of a Darth Vader Christmas. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
It WOULD be nice to actually have closure though. Hope is a good thing, but maintaining it for months (or even years!) at a time can be a tiring thing.

Then again, sometimes it comes through too. I just learned that a favorite manga series of mine, which had been on hiatus for nearly 10 years, is coming back this spring. And if a moderately-popular series can come back from the dead after a full decade, there's hope for this thread yet. :unsmith:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Bufuman posted:

I just learned that a favorite manga series of mine, which had been on hiatus for nearly 10 years, is coming back this spring.

Funny, I've been waiting for a series to come back since 2005, too. What series are you waiting on? :)

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

SorataYuy posted:

Funny, I've been waiting for a series to come back since 2005, too. What series are you waiting on? :)

Was yours also Beet the Vandel Buster? Because apparently a news article was posted yesterday announcing its return this spring, which just made my drat day.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
God help me.

Crowetron, I'm gonna PM you, but on the off chance you stick your head in here: would you be willing to hand your save files over to me? Assuming you're doing it on an emulator.

E: yes, a Dave file. Thank you autocorrect.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Have you considered just running the whole game from the beginning? At the very least I think it's best if you started a new thread, and linked this one in the OP.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Bufuman posted:

Was yours also Beet the Vandel Buster? Because apparently a news article was posted yesterday announcing its return this spring, which just made my drat day.

'fraid not. Mine's X/1999, which was about two and a half volumes away from finishing. Congrats on your book coming back though, sometimes hope and patience are well rewarded. :thumbsup:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

SorataYuy posted:

sometimes hope and patience are well rewarded. :thumbsup:

I believe in Crowetron. :kamina:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tarezax posted:

Have you considered just running the whole game from the beginning? At the very least I think it's best if you started a new thread, and linked this one in the OP.

I dunno, if Crowtron's ready to put a bullet in this one, I think it would be kind of neat to continue the thread on halfway through. Everyone's here and reading, we might as well finish up.

This assumes Crowetron's okay with it, I can get the files, and I actually keep up the interest to do it. :q:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Ok, now I'm trying REALLY hard not to get hyped up....

And failing miserably :holy:

I'm setting myself up for disappointment, aren't I?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mauman posted:

Ok, now I'm trying REALLY hard not to get hyped up....

And failing miserably :holy:

I'm setting myself up for disappointment, aren't I?

Probably!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finished LP or not, I will be playing this next year, as Jean is all sorts of awesome.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Baron Snow posted:

I believe in Crowetron. :kamina:

We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese Crowetron.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
It's dead. Let it end with some dignity.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do we actually get to see Zophar, and the Ganon portrait is a place holder, or we never see what he looks like?

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Junpei posted:

Do we actually get to see Zophar, and the Ganon portrait is a place holder, or we never see what he looks like?

We see him eventually. How menacing he really is depends on the version and whether you mind 90s anime CGI. :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Just couldn't let it die with some dignity, huh?

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

Don't kid yourself, its dignity was stripped from it when it was abandoned.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Dignity?

What's that? :downs:

I got a good laugh seeing this back on the front page though.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I say if Chokes wants to finish this, he should be able to finish it. This is too much gold to not get archived.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good luck, I'm taking it off my bookmarks though

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I say if Chokes wants to finish this, he should be able to finish it. This is too much gold to not get archived.

I'm definitely interested but absolutely not replaying this all the way up to where Crowetron was. I've got my hands full with Paper Sorceror as is.

I've requested the save states, but I think the OP would much rather this die a quiet death. :zombie: I hope I'm wrong and somebody gets me the saves and I'll do it because I have brain issues. Otherwise I think it's best to let it rest in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Agreed. Locking this until OP comes along to say otherwise.

• Locked thread