Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I got this game with the nifty case and all. I'd still probably be playing it on a semi-regular basis if the discs hadn't gotten all hosed up.

The way Working Designs tuned up older games was really nice and not something you'd often see, but its business sense was abysmally, almost tragicomically bad, which is why they shut down (turns out that manufacturing all that swag for every game printed is not conducive to profit). Vic Ireland's continued misadventures with game localization also show pretty handily that he hasn't learned a thing from WD going broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Which is better, Leo or his justice laser? The answer is yes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Ronfar once gambled all the fucks he could ever give on a single dice throw.

Depending on your point of view, it was the only bet he ever lost.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Before this LP the only contact I had with this game is from watching other people play it back in college, and Ronfar saying "Lady Luck, be high!" is still seared into my mind.

It's "Lady Luck, be kind!"

You've been mishearing it all this time.

Do...do you need to sit down

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

resurgam40 posted:

This gamer and the one before it are cliche-ridden and silly-rear end. God, I love them so... The localization was a special thing for both of them.

Oh, Working Designs, why did you leave us?

Because they were so bad with money that I think it qualified as a superpower.

I just bet Leo's all sulky that he captured the Destroyer without even getting to laser anything first.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, I abused the hell out of Destiny Dice and Anger Dice. They're the only way Ronfar can inflict any significant damage on most enemies.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

"Also, DOST THOU DESIRE THE POWER"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crowetron posted:

Thanks for reminding me, I got a copy of NIER on a shelf somewhere, untouched. I should get around to playing that one of these days...

Crowetron shrugs, boots up Nier. LP stops dead for three weeks. Uninterrupted sobbing heard from Crowetron's house.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Camel Pimp posted:

Kung fu and awesomeness you mean!

You repeat yourself.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rockopolis posted:

I did not think of Drakengard.
I am now actively trying not to think of the Drakengard crew running around Lunar. :stonklol:
Thanks, Camel Pimp!

Arioch runs back into town to buy a crate of handkerchiefs and some barbecue sauce.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
You'd all think this is Leo's first time with the mask, but no, he's pulled this poo poo forever. One time he spilled his tea during a luncheon in Pentagulia and his men had to put up with "Mystere" for a whole week.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

It always comes back to Drakengard, doesn't it?

Which is really just an unfortunate place to end up :smith:

All road lead to away from Drakengard.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh good, this isn't dead. Crowetron you probably do the best SSLP's since The Dark Id and without the disquieting symptoms of "LP Madness" he so often showed (waking up in the dead of night to find sixteen pages of meticulously formatted and captioned original dialogue, complete with character portraits) so it is nice that you will continue this one.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I dunno if Crowetron showed this attack off and I just misremember how it looks, but I seem to remember the Black Fiend packing some kind of gravity-orb attack where it sucks your entire party into a single central point, lifts them high, and lets them fall. It does ludicrous damage and the only way to avoid it is to arrange your party into a perfect cross formation (one member in the center and the other four at extreme cardinal directions), because then the orb can't quite suck everyone into the arena's center and fizzles out instead of murdering you.

Fuckin Black Fiend.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Okay, maybe this disaster-in-waiting is better off stopping before it starts.

It was a good LP that should have finished but didn't, give a 40-gun salute and let it sink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Camel Pimp is the Maeda to Crowetrons Daniel.

The feline nature of the red dragon reminds me of Dragon Song's dragons. :psyduck:

Does Ruby turn into that dragon now during battles?

Only if you use the Red Dragon Aura, which costs a boatload of MP.

• Locked thread