Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Make it silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I honestly think the best part of following these LPs is not having to listen to the voice acting in these games.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Crowetron posted:

I still think lines consisting of nothing but ellipses indicates flatulence. I have seen no convincing evidence to the contrary.

That makes Final Fantasy 8 a much more interesting game.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I've been reading this thread for a couple pages now, and the game seems really familiar, but I don't remember any of the specifics. It looks pretty cool, though, so I'll keep on reading.

Crowetron posted:

Lucia actually has HP now! And she's not dying from purple lightning! Yay!

But she doesn't have a level. What's up with that?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Crowetron posted:

Straight from the horse's mouth :v:

You should edit this into the LP so that people who see the archived version will believe it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Crowetron posted:

I don't care about the skeletons in your closet, but I certainly want to jump your bones!

This is brilliant.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Was the flashback a plot summary of the first game?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Glad to see this back.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

On the other hand, Lucia was naked when she first showed up, and the last time there was a bath involved, she wasn't all that shy about disrobing. So while it's still not necessary, I don't think it's quite as gratuitous or pointless as you say.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

Why is she naked in the first place? If your argument is "This thing can't be bad, because it already happened twice more!" that's not a good argument.

The point is that she wasn't at all modest or embarrassed before. It's yet another indicator that she's starting to act differently. I'm not defending it--the other bits that Crowetron mentioned get the point across just fine--but I read it a little differently than everyone else seems to.

(And I had forgotten that the other bath scene was new, which does change the way this one works. Oh well.)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Crowetron posted:

So here's the proper dungeon of Azado, the Statue of Althena. I forgot to note down what song they play here, probably Conquering the Cave again, so just put on some Dio or something.

There's only one choice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5yR5XhCIeg

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Crowetron posted:

Hey man, I'm just glad you're talking about the purifying embrace of the flame.

That's "not talking about", yeah?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I was kind of expecting more of a grand finale to the first disc, but I guess this game came out before that convention was established.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's not like I was expecting good things to happen in Pentagulia, but I didn't think it would go this bad this quickly.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

This game is amazing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Storywise that's one of the best JRPGs I've ever seen, and maybe actually the best. The tournament scene is ridiculously well-executed.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Pierzak posted:

Lalalala! The Watchers, they post!

Now it is time to read the post of the gods! A deep post! A great post! A post powerful and formidable! A post that crushes like a mace!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

For those who haven't seen it, Camel Pimp is running an LP of Lunar: Dragon Song.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 17, 2014

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

Bring back God Hand Gene.

We're all thinking it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Camel Pimp posted:

But let's be honest, the story of the inexplicable Bee-man is one that will inspire us and live in our hearts for all time.

I'm going to add him to my nativity scene for sure.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

grandalt posted:

Actually, they're are forgetting something else important. Without Borgan's power, what's keeping Neo-Vane up in the sky?

Gravity.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Out of everything named so far, I'm pretty sure the sewer and the teleporter maze are the only things that don't date back to Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Bufuman posted:

If memory serves, wasn't there a teleporter maze in FF1? You know, the castle where you have to go to get a quest item for your class changes? Or maybe that was only in 8-Bit Theater, I'm not sure.

Yep, forgot about that one.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ddegenha posted:

I know someone already confirmed this one, but I'd also say that the Marsh Cave in FF1 is pretty much a sewer dungeon by another name. Same kind of palette, typical sewer monsters, and layout.

There's an actual sewer level in FF2 as well.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

This is nowhere near the worst NPC dialogue in a JRPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Thank you, Camel Pimp and Crowetron.

• Locked thread