Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The extra dialogue for this is fantastic. One of these days, us LP writers should have a pow-wow and just send our sassiest female characters out on a random adventure.

wanna see Jean and Justine take turns kicking opponents in the junk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Oxxidation posted:

You repeat yourself.

It bears repeating. :colbert:

Psion posted:

The part where Maria says "I'm joining your party" and you think "sweet new character I wonder what she do---oh" is great.

A rule of thumb I learned from Shining Force: If they have a portrait, they're either joining or getting killed later. Otherwise they don't do poo poo.

This rule has served me well, including in real life.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

W.T. Fits posted:

I can help with that!

*twitch twitch*

:stonklol:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

: "......."

Thoughts at the moment: "I like kittens."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

I'm pretty sure the bad guy from Double Dragon was the much better named "Shadow Boss" but I don't feel like actually looking it up or anything.

:eng101: Machine Gun Willy was in charge of the Shadow Warriors. The "Shadow Boss" was a made-up NES boss to capitalize on the player vs. player fight at the end of the arcade game.

camelpimp posted:

This ain't Drakengard.

Oh God. I'm imagining the first time Caim walks into a cutesy town and they're all like HOWDY STRANGER and oh the blood so much blood

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

W.T. Fits posted:

I just finished going over both the Drakengard and Nier LPs in the archive the other day. Mixing that with Lunar? ... I should probably go before I do something we'll all regret.

Wait... poo poo... too late. :cry:

Come! A feast to end all feasts!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cardiovorax posted:

"The greatest of feasts!" :spergin:

Joke's on you, you remember Drakgenguard dialog!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

I needed some extra talking heads for the kids, and some people got me thinking about Drakengard, and well...

Don't go back, Seere. Seriously. You don't want to know what happens to kids in your world :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Mighty convenient that Lucia suddenly disappeared before we found Masked Man. Have we ever seen them in the same place at the same time? :tinfoil:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Camel Pimp posted:

Now I like to imagine that Lucia's stewing in algae, and when she gets out she looks like the goddamn Swamp Thing.

Sexy.

beep boop why are you staring do you wish to copulate

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

The only character in the game that really rubs me the wrong way is Ruby (surprise, surprise), and even she'd be fine if they ditched her horrible love triangle poo poo. Well, that and those odd moments where she's a total rear end in a top hat for no reason, like her wanting to abandon Lemina in the most recent update.

She's just one more woman competing for Hiro's affection. :tinfoil:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rockopolis posted:

I'm not sure if :pedo: or "He who controls the Spice controls the Universe!" is more appropriate for Borgan.

I'm not sure either. Bring me that floating fat man, Borgan!

He'll probably know.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

Next Time

Something goes wrong

Hmm. I think I might see the problem here.

That tree on the left is terrible landscaping, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I think I finally figured out the grave robber thing. Hiro's basically Indiana Jones Jr. at the start of the game, which probably means he's seen his share of pyramid/tombs (and taken things from them).

It just comes out of nowhere, so it's hard to make the connection. Or maybe it was obvious to everyone else and I'm just a dum-dum :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

quote:

: "I do not have a catchphrase!"

Outstanding. :allears:

I seriously love the characterization of Lucia here. She's just so utterly clueless.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The phoenix was just the embodied flam the pentagram dudes were summoning.

Hmpf. Rank amateur.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain Bravo posted:

Ok, so this is basically confirming that Master Lunn is the evil mask dude, right? Like, I felt that was telegraphed pretty hard back when it happened, but now that they've all but admitted that every loving person in the church (Except for Leo) is :moreevil: with a capital EVIL, they've all but admitted that he's a bastard too, right? If he turns out not to be that dude, I will be flabbergasted.

It was me, Hiro!

Aw, SON OF A—

It was me, Hiro! It was me all along!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rotinaj posted:

It would be incredibly satisfying if Jean went on a rampage of dishing out Stunners to all the evil people.

Bah gawd, Stunner!

I will not rest until pro wrestling references are injected into every LP on this forum that I follow!

Except I don't have a short list right now. So basically this one.

Welp. *rests*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

What are you talking about? Mystere is clearly Gwyn, helping out his grandson.

Uh, Mystere is Lunn, guys. It's been pretty obvious since like six updates ago. :rolleyes:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Camel Pimp posted:

You don't understand! Mystere isn't one person! We're all Mystere, in our own way.

It's me, I'm Mystere. Sorry, everyone.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Before I read down from here, I assumed he was just upset that he forgot his lines. The fact he put everyone on hold while he took a phone call from Satan makes it even better :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
And now is when we find out Mystere was someone dressed up as Leo dressed up as Mystere and he's going to wreck everyone's poo poo.

And then Mystere will show up to bail everyone out :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hmm. Lucia... may be taking the wrong lesson away from all this.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Ruby.

Emptyquotin' this forever.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Worth repeating IMO.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rockopolis posted:

Man, the Outsiders is a terrifying name for a fighting team. Makes me think they're all evil giant babies out to eat everything.

I prefer to think of it as Jean being Batman, Hiro being Katana, Ronfar being Metamorpho, Lemina being Halo, and Ruby being a useless sack of poo poo.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SorataYuy posted:

Nah, Hiro is Geoforce, and Lucia is Looker. (You forgot a party member there)

: I exist on a different vibrational plane than your native reality!

: Heh. "Vibrational."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pieuvre posted:

The greatest of feasts!

It always comes back to Drakengard, doesn't it?

Which is really just an unfortunate place to end up :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Jesus Christ what have I done :gonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kemix posted:

And then Caramel Pimp disappeared. Nobody knows what happened. The only words scribbled on the wall? "gently caress. DIS. GAEM."

Years later, someone else would be foolish enough to LP the game. The last thing they saw as they tried to turn off their console was, "There was a power button here. It's gone now."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Charlett posted:

Crowetron, just popping in to say how much I love this LP, and that I'm glad to hear that you're thinking of continuing it. Like others have said, the fact that you work so hard making the characters have extra, fun dialog that fits their personalities really makes this one of the best LPs around, and hearing that I can see it again makes me happy, no matter how long you take to get to it~

Same. Glad you ended up not abandoning it, it's one of the threads on here I follow religiously. :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

Thanks guys! It's always nice to hear nice things :3:. And Chokes, one of the things I'm looking forward to while dog-sitting is having time to catch up on your FFL2 LP!

:respek:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mehuyael posted:

With a lot of dragons.

And by dragons, we mean cats.

And by cats, we mean Ruby.

And by Ruby, we mean shut the gently caress up, Ruby.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Butts to dust. And a dragon that gives absolutely zero fucks about being in this game.

This is, quite possibly, the pinnacle of the art form that is video games.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Jean is now halfway to becoming a full God Hand.

Nah, that's 100% pure God Hand right there. :clint:

(Elvis was awesome, we need more of the big guy)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

: "Let us cleanse the streets!"

Hiro's face is me IRL.

Merry Christmas, Crowetron. Keep doin' what you do. :unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowetron posted:

I'm sure it will be fine.

oh nooooo nothing turns out fine when you saaaaaaaaaaaay thiiiiiiiiiis

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Camel Pimp posted:

Borgan still floats. :effort:

Bring me that floating fat man, the Borgan!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Glazius posted:

Well, look, it's an RPG. What are you going to do, NOT have dungeons?

I'm pretty sure to make a JRPG of any kind, you need:

* a cave
* a sewer
* some sort of damage square dungeon (swamp or volcano will do)
* a boss rush
* at least two final boss forms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ultrafilter posted:

Out of everything named so far, I'm pretty sure the sewer and the teleporter maze are the only things that don't date back to Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior.

Given all the poison swamp out there, I'm willing to count the first half of the Earth cave as a prototypical sewer level. :colbert:

• Locked thread