Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Awesome, maybe this LP will motivate me to actually finish my playthrough of the game. I'm pretty sure I'm somewhere near the end, but it's been so long that I'm not exactly sure what I was doing or where I'm supposed to go. Hopefully I'll remember enough to be able to pinpoint my next course of action in a guide. Or if I'm really lazy I'll just wait until the LP reaches that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, Leo. I love that guy, mostly because he has the best theme.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He already has a ship to travel the world with. All world-savers get one of those at some point.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm fine with the blue windows.

I think that even though Lunar 2 likes forcing grinding on the player apparently, I found myself over-leveled in most parts of the game. But I tend to level too much in RPGs in general, since for me using items is anathema so I have to compensate somehow.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I like the way Lucia is characterized as the game goes on. Not story-wise, since she's just a cliche like everyone else in this game, but in game mechanics terms. Crowetron will probably talk about it when it comes up (if I'm right and that's really how it works anyway, I could be wrong), but if they don't then maybe I'll remember to bring it up.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My favorite battle quote from Ronfar is "Happy Hour!". The guy knows how to party.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Centaur Leo reminds me of the knights from Shining Force, and SF2 is one of my favorite games from my childhood, even if I never finished it (the first attempt because of a bug, and further ones because of the chess battle).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Destiny Dice is really great on an emulator. ;)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That really sucks. My computer is also having problems (and it's only 3-4 months old), so I can relate.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I only remember having problems with one dungeon, which will show up later on. I don't remember when exactly.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The only good thing about bath scenes is that they're not very memorable. I'm sure I've seen plenty in my time (I played a lot of jRPGs), but I couldn't say if any specific game I've played even had such a scene.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I actually didn't like hooded girl much at first, mostly for the way she acts a bit later (even though the game explains why she's so annoying, it's still annoying). But I think she gets some character development and becomes less annoying, though it's been a while so I could be remembering wrong.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In the last update I started doubting myself about Lemina being as annoying as I remembered, but this update shows how annoying she can get pretty well.

She does blow things up good though, and if I remember right she's crucial to the "strategy" I had for killing random encounters on the first turn forever.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Glad to see this LP updating again. :)

As for Ghaleon, I don't really have an opinion of him one way or the other. He seemed pretty generic, but I guess this game came out before the generic villains started staying out their welcome. Where ever I got to in my playthrough, I don't think I got to the reveal on what connection he had with Zophar. Or maybe I forgot what it was if I did get there.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nah, it's just that Leo is the type of person anyone would want to smite.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, how I hate those hedgehogs. :argh:

If only we had a friendly genius roboticist to help deal with them for good.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, in my experience after this point Lucia would start buffing Hiro a lot and helping the party a bit with healing. Though I don't think I ever dared rely on the healing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

Crowetron, I really wonder about you leaving out the VA on The Masked Man. While I appreciate your willingness to try and help out with this reveal, I'm not really sure it's worth your effort. Because really ... we all know who it is, right? This is blindingly obvious.

Yeah, that Nall can't fool anybody.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rockopolis posted:

I'm not sure if :pedo: or "He who controls the Spice controls the Universe!" is more appropriate for Borgan.

The scene clearly shows that Borgan is into MILFs.

I like how pretty much the whole game shits on him. Protagonists, NPCs, even item descriptions.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Awesome. The LP of the original version is good too, but I can't stand the graphics for some reason (I didn't seem to have a problem following the 1st game's LP, so it's really weird) so I haven't been following it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Everyone knows that wizards are super-nerds. Having such books is hardly surprising.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Bath scenes in anime-esque media have always been really bad. At least if the rest is good you can ignore it and move on.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

swamp waste posted:

Goons learned about objectification and now they're far too mature to not freak out and start squealin when they see a rear end cheek

Sorry for being older than the bare minimum to be on this website.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess if I dislike a scene in a game it means I hate the game now.

But actually now that I think about it, I don't dislike this scene by itself. If the only scenes showing Lucia naked were the scene in that one tower and this bath scene it would be okay, since it would show the difference between how she was then and how she is now (ie didn't care if anyone saw her naked, now she cares if Hiro sees her naked). But the other scenes just muck things up.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Actually, come to think of it, if she didn't care if anyone saw her naked why even put on the robe?

Besides the fact that it was totally awesome.

You kind of answered your own question, but clothing isn't just for looks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

swamp waste posted:

No what I'm saying is that this resentful childish squirming at the tamest hint of sex is not really mature, or even thoughtful. I mean if anything it's objectifying in that the girl is only the object of the desire, never the subject, still oblivious to sex except as something to learn to be ashamed of, but I didn't hear anyone saying that. Instead it was like "um is this REALLY necessary?" as if the driving force in this story were not a teenage boy trying to help the mysterious girl whom he is way horny for on her important quest

Maybe people didn't bring any deeper criticism because so many games from Japan have bath scenes and it's really annoying and it's also not worth repeating the criticism each time it shows up (ie all the time). When you see yet another bath scene (sometimes even with children or children-like characters) it kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, :swoon:Lord Leo:swoon:, how awesomely misguided you are.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Crowetron posted:

That, but mostly Jean was looking really mad when they left and Leo doesn't want to admit she scares the hell out of him.

Not just Jean. Leo suffers from gynophobia.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Isn't ZOPHAR free already? He put that curse on Lucia at the start.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ultrafilter posted:

I was kind of expecting more of a grand finale to the first disc, but I guess this game came out before that convention was established.

The party just reached its end goal, that's something.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bufuman posted:

Part of that is because of a point where he didn't update for like 3 months. Hopefully we run into no more of those, because I really like this LP.

EDIT: Oh, and there was another delay of 2 months sometime later. Croweton, dude, what do you have to say for yourself?

That's nothing. Some people have month-long waits between every update, or worse.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That's a pretty sweet setup by the bad guys. Great twist having Ghaleon there as the reformed sinner redeemed by "Althena", to make them both look good. They've established Lucia as "the evil destroyer" already, and so when she attacks "Althena", who was welcoming them, without provocation, she acts like the evil destroyer.

When Lucia attacks in combat she says a bunch of evil-sounding stuff.

Maybe she is the destroyer?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
And that's why LeoMystere is the best.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mystere is Borgan. The twist is that he was in a fat suit all along! He's actually quite the hunk.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mystere is the ideal we all aspire to.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure this upcoming part was my favorite part of the game, going all around the world beating up Chosen. Also I guess helping save the world, that too.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
And again Leo proves he's the best. Also if this game was made by lesser people losing to Leo would get you a gameover.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No probs, poo poo happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This LP is like a Phoenix!

With a lot of dragons.

(glad to see this is back! The adventures of awesome characters + Hiro must be concluded!)

• Locked thread