Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Zeikier posted:

Good to see this game being LPed. One of the first non-FF JRPGs I played. I got the Complete Edition, which has that sweet pendant as some bonus bling.

I still have the pendant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I normally go blue (and this game is making me want to go back to an old save I have a few more hours in) but I second the silver for this.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

CmdrKing posted:

Depends on the story of course. In a war game where your ultimate foe is some sort of Emperor or King or whatever, being Evil Because They Are Evil is sort of distracting; humans don't go around doing evil just for its own sake unless something is very wrong with them, in which case why are they in charge?

This sort of globe trotting save the world adventure though? ZOPHAR is evil because that's the nature of ZOPHAR. Judging from the murals we see, it's not far fetched to think he's just the God of Death and Destruction, the natural counterpart to Althena the Life Goddess. A force of nature like that can (and SHOULD) just have that as their natural mode. They are what they are, neither more nor less.

That's always been how I've viewed him too. He's just Althena's dark (and smug) counterpart, nothing more and nothing less.

• Locked thread