Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
And what exactly were they planning to do with the puppets? :raise: Sell them and pocket the money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Oh gods Lucia's VA :gonk:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I love that attention to detail in the bossfight, allowing Ruby to come to your rescue if you hosed up in a very specific way. Someone on the QA team for this game was creative, because I can guarantee you that little bit of scripting wasn't in the design spec.

Also, your inserted dialog continues to amuse. Keep it up! :allears:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Before this LP the only contact I had with this game is from watching other people play it back in college, and Ronfar saying "Lady Luck, be high!" is still seared into my mind.

Also, this segment?

quote:

: :ohdear:

: :ohdear:

: :barf:
Comedy gold. In fact you're doing a great job on the "extra" inserts. :allears:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Oxxidation posted:

It's "Lady Luck, be kind!"

You've been mishearing it all this time.

Do...do you need to sit down

My life is a lie! :cry:

But seriously, it's mostly just weird that I can remember (er, kind of) a voice clip I heard maybe a dozen or two times ten years ago. Memory, WTF?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Zeikier posted:

Trying to remember if it was now or in a short bit that Ronfar makes an amazing comment about that priest. Something about if looks could kill.
...then he's already been seen by Medusa? Dude looks undead.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
So is Ruby too feeble to retrieve that carpet or something? Lemina's all "Oh no! That thing was in my family for eight generations! OH WELL, guess I'll just leave it there."

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Well, if Lucia can survive a fall from space, she can certainly survive a fall from a Magic Arrow. Everyone else needs some serious base-jumping experience.

You'll note that she stuck the landing, while everyone else fell flat on their faces. She must have some serious knee strength...

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

ArchWizard posted:

It's Ronfar. He's been playing both sides all along :ohdear:

And here I thought it was centaur Leo. :(

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Camel Pimp posted:

Well, you can dig out some ground and create a pool/bath... although I really don't think they'd have access to chlorine or a filtration system, or anything like that. Wow... that water must be so stagnant.

Set up a bucket/pulley system over a stream on the ground? You'd have to haul up the water you want to use, but it beats walking to ground level and then walking it back up. Baths could be had in bigger buckets. They're small; they don't need that much space to get clean.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
You can't mention metal and videogames without mentioning Final Fantasy Mystic Quest :rock:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
The phoenix was just the embodied flam the pentagram dudes were summoning. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the leader of the pentagram dudes was also Mauri's boss and the boss of whatever-his-name-is-he's-fat and etc. because everything that goes wrong in a JRPG can be directly attributed to one person. For bonus points, he'll appear out of nowhere when we think we've defeated the nominal boss.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Mehuyael posted:

When Lucia attacks in combat she says a bunch of evil-sounding stuff.

Maybe she is the destroyer?

Man, this church needs to be destroyed. Forest fires can be good things!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I searched on YouTube and found a couple. Ehh, they're okay I guess.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

dude789 posted:

This screenshot brought to you by Ronfar.

Edit: Wait. Is this a front shot or a badly drawn butt?

I thought as you did at first, but it's her knees. Note the direction her hands are facing; it'd be really awkward to get them like that if this was a butt shot.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That is one big floor in the dojo. Couldn't they have broken it up even a little bit?

Wouldn't be as good of a dojo then. You want a huge open space for practicing martial arts. Especially, warm-ups often involve stuff like the entire class making a formation and then "marching" that formation across the room, transitioning between stances and doing punches/blocks/kicks as they go. If you stuck a potted plant in the middle of the room then it'd get broken inside of a day.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Cornwind Evil posted:

So...I guess we're just going to forget all the kidnapped and horrifically tortured child assassins Lunn trained and all, because hey, Jean beat the evil out of him?

Man, why dwell on unpleasant subjects when there's an adventure to be had?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

I sincerely doubt Lemina has the upper-body strength to lift Borgan's anything.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

but enemy fire that drains your ammo reserves would be cruel and yet hilarious in a COD, so I dunno. On second thought, maybe I do want to see something like this in a game. Imagine the rage in multiplayer.

Man, I would totally play the "support" class whose primary weapon only deals ammo damage. Why heal teammates when you can prevent them from getting hurt in the first place?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Althena's dream for Lucia = "maybe someday she'll be more than BEEP BOOP COMPLETE MISSION"?

At least one of the other dragons implied that there was something unpleasant in store for Lunar if Lucia completed her mission; this was immediately followed by Lucia going "Dude! Shut up! Not in front of the moon people!"

At least, that's how I read it; I haven't played the game/read any LPs before.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Scalding Coffee posted:

How did his blood happen to cure horrible diseases, instead of being the cause, and its side effect is mind control? It has to be the same stuff from Temple of Doom.

Two easy solutions. One, the plague was also caused by Zophar, and what he started he can stop. Two, Zophar's just that powerful: when he's literally been imbued into someone's body he has a very high degree of control over what happens to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Bufuman posted:

Basically, Tales games are known for having two things in every single game: Really anime friendship-heavy story lines and characters, and holy-poo poo-this-is-awesome combat systems. Very much worth playing for the latter.

You forgot the lethal antipathy towards anyone who wants to 100% them, with requirements like "between triggering cutscene A on entering this town and cutscene B on entering the inn at this town, you must leave the town, travel across the entire continent, and go to a dungeon you cleared in the first half-hour of the game to talk to a wandering NPC."

• Locked thread