Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Crowetron posted:

So...funny story.

This post loaded very slowly for me and so all I saw at first was this. I thought "I bet his computer crashed." And then the rest of the post loaded.

There is no such thing as a funny story in this forum that does not apply to computer crashes, it appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

: "I want a low-level search of every bird house, dog house, outhouse, tree house, hen house, road house, boat house, and penthouse within a two-mile radius! We shall capture this rogue and her cohorts!"

Did they really do this? You didn't make this dialogue up?

Oh, Working Designs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Choco1980 posted:

It's actually in the original S-CD version.

Well drat. That quote was five years out of date then. I laughed, though, so maybe it worked after all?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

"Crowetron posted:

Look, Game Arts dudes

If it makes you feel any better (it probably won't) they clearly haven't learned their lessons as of Project Sylpheed, which had like the worst of Anime Tropes all over its plot. Y'know, like this part, but with less zero-g space bath scenes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

:golfclap:

Ruby's answer wouldn't change, of course.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

That boss owned. I mean, it's completely absurd, but that's the whole point. Entertaining as all hell spritework.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Well if Crowetron suffers, we can all call it a job well done. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I approve of your choice in mugshots for the faeries. Nice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

: "Unknown accomplice, my rear end!"

Comparing Pierce to Ruby is really cruel, Crowetron.

To Pierce, that is.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Just go pound a Saints Flow, that'll make it all feel better.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

This is sort of a nostalgia trip. The good old days when all it took to be evil was a smug expression and maniacal laughter. Oh Ghaelon.

also, calling it now: Next thing we know it's three months from now and Crowetron posts "so guys, GTA:Online is pretty neat and uhhhh"

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

If that's true, you really have to wonder if, somewhere, the AI programmer realized they were basically trolling the player.

I mean at some level, someone had to be aware of this.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Mentally, I dubbed in the MGS alert sound. Works better than the flash of yellow.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The part where Maria says "I'm joining your party" and you think "sweet new character I wonder what she do---oh" is great.

Nice troll, developers.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

A rule of thumb I learned from Shining Force: If they have a portrait, they're either joining or getting killed later. Otherwise they don't do poo poo.

Among the many things Infinite Space did right is troll you with a portrait character who didn't join your party and didn't get killed later.

man I wish TyrantSabre had finished that LP.

hmmmmm HEY CROWETRON!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

Just a couple weeks this time, I promise!

Famous last words, Crowetron!

GrizzlyCow posted:

I misread that as horsesitting which is a much better excuse in my opinion.

given the recent "fan art" from PE2, that's an unfortunate misread.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 21, 2013

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

This time, on Lunar 2: :psyduck:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron, I really wonder about you leaving out the VA on The Masked Man. While I appreciate your willingness to try and help out with this reveal, I'm not really sure it's worth your effort. Because really ... we all know who it is, right? This is blindingly obvious.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, the item description dissing him was something. WD: refuses to miss an opportunity for a joke at Borgan's expense.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

quote:

Find out next time on Lunar 2: Ballad of the Colon Sounds!

Don't ever leave us hanging again :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Next time: Subtle symbolic images! Wait, no.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

Maybe I should've kept that in my pocket until next update, but that image is legit the funniest thing in the game to me.

no, it's amazing. I laughed when you put that in there.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

This is just a stealth request for some ridiculous Lunar fan to show up with their full collection, right?

where's Jenner...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ha, it worked :c00l:

Jenner posted:

Edit: Awh man, LunarEB.com is dead... I bet it died a long time ago and I just never noticed... :smith:

at least as far as archive.org is concerned it died at the end of 2005. On the other hand, archive.org has at least some viable download links, which is a small miracle:
https://web.archive.org/web/20050426082109/http://www.lunareb.com/
(spoilers and poo poo, obviously)

on the other other hand, they're kinda poo poo quality WMVs.

and on the final hand, Crowetron can't you just copy them straight off the disc? I seem to recall being able to yank a lot of FMVs out of PSX discs once mounted. Sometimes they don't have the sound though :(

I did that for a couple Square games at any rate.

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 23, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

One can only hope Hiro's future association with Ronfar will teach him to lie slightly better than that. I mean geez.

also Lucia clearly watched too much anime before coming over to this planet.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

Uh...there is no Thieves' Staff, you are telling lies, pal.

Lemina stole it off-screen, that's why you can't find it. No problem, continue game.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

I apologize for the delay, but I will have an update up in the next few days. And, to make it up to you guys, that update will contain as much scenery-chewing voice acting as I can cram into it, because we've got not one, but two voiced villain monologues!

but how much MYSTERE will it have???

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ghaleon needs to interrupt more bad lines with laughter.

"but the power of humans-"
"ahahahahahah really? Really?"

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron should I post that picture of the insane Parasite Eve handcannon to motivate you again, or would that just send you on a ten-hour detour through replaying PE1?

arguably both options would be good...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

:stonk: what the

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

The Aisha line was actually a Saint's Row reference. :ssh:

Crowetron you can be player 2 in my Saints of Rage anytime

e: after recent revelations, I'd like to change this to "Crowetron, you can go to hell and rescue me anytime"

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 29, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Heh, that's the way. Leo desperately needs an honorable way out, so you steal all his poo poo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think we should be sorry for you that it's mostly dungeon crawling. You can summarize in a post ... but not playing it :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

closeted republican posted:

I usually dislike anime tournament arcs, but I liked Lunar 2's because Jean rules, the entire arc is short, and the actual tournament is pretty funny if you read the dialogue.

That "short" part is key; tournaments that drag on and on and on just to "build tension" are so bad.

Ones which make you do mandatory button pushing/repetitive dialogue/filler between every fight just to slow things down are double-the-worst.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Scalding Coffee posted:

Would you rate them turning out to be unwinnable, comparable to Satan's rear end in a top hat?

I don't know if I'd go that far but yes, unwinnable tournaments are terrible too. Extra bonus terrible points if they make you fight like five qualifying rounds to get owned by an unwinnable boss. I can't think of any examples of that off hand, but I'm sure some rear end in a top hat somewhere has done it.

Similarly, enemies that only show up in cutscenes to screw you and then the first time you actually get to fight them, they're in an unwinnable fight? Also the worst!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hah, really? Well then. I'll just put SO2 on my "never play this" list. Right next to Crowetron's next LP, The Third Birthday. :getin:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

What have I done to wrong you, Psion?

Made the mistake of doing quality Parasite Eve/PE2 LPs. that'll teach you! :v:

So far as burnout goes, I'm a big fan of doing one LP about every six years to avoid that problem. It's a solid strategy that's worked well so far. See you in 2019!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

sup Crowetron :3:

If you need a hand with saves let me know since I've had some experience cramming downloaded saves into espxe before. There's a save converter which handles the ~5 potential PSX save formats and outputs the one espxe likes that I can dig up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crowetron posted:

Yeah, if you can hook me up with a link, that'd save me a lot of time.

I think it was MemTools, which you can get here: http://www.aldostools.org/memcards.html - it'll move any format into any other format.

I'll confirm that when I get home tonight. I probably got whatever I use from the epsxe forums circa 2002 and that website looks about right (aka, 2002-era web design).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Psion posted:

I think it was MemTools, which you can get here: http://www.aldostools.org/memcards.html - it'll move any format into any other format.

I'll confirm that when I get home tonight. I probably got whatever I use from the epsxe forums circa 2002 and that website looks about right (aka, 2002-era web design).

update: it is, though epsxe can probably read GME files directly according to what I'm reading on the internet. So, you might not need it, but if you do that's it.

• Locked thread