Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Jenner posted:

Back in our day video game dungeons were a bunch of bullshit. Hiding the way through Dragon Master Zoc's cave in the first game by placing the doorway in bottom wall you can't see through under a loving chest in a room that looks no different from any other room in that godforsaken dungeon was goddamn evil.

I'd forgotten about that until you brought it up. I was convinced I'd forgotten something on the mainland, so I went back and got that inane *splish-splash* FMV boat scene. Then I'd go back to the island *splish-splash*. Evil.

This game ranks a close 2nd to the original on Sega CD for me. Your LP is kicking rear end, Crowetron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Wow, this game does a fantastic job of making you hate Borgan. Now I just want to see Jean blow past his magic due to moving so fast and just punch a hole in him, Chosen One-style.

When I first played this game I was hoping for something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex5zibezBcQ&t=111s

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

I never had a problem with the Lucia/Hiro nude scenes. They demonstrate Lucia's development as a character. I always thought of Lucia as being born full-grown like Greek Gods and Goddesses; born an adult and not knowing the things you learn as a child.

Camel Pimp posted:

No one cares.

Here, let's talk about this instead.

Yes, let's. Where does this come from? I'm now picturing Ronfar singing "Beth".

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Since Lucia came from the Blue Star and was in some sort of suspended animation, does that mean that everyone that once lived on the Blue Star talked/emoted/interacted with others the way she does? I don't expect an answer, I just like thinking about a planet full of Lucias. No wonder it didn't work out.

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Just going by the intro the place looked kinda dead to me, so I figured she's either a survivor who's been raised by computers or some kind of artificial being.

It's dead because Althena destroyed the previous civilization so that the Blue Star would be recreated and habitable. Basically, Nuke it from Orbit.

I always had Lucia pegged as Althena's backup plan in case something like the events of LSSC happened and the Goddess was absent but needed. She's like a lesser deity; not strong enough to go against Althena, yet she's powerful enough to use Althena's magic and command the dragons (well, she didn't hesitate to attempt to use God-tier magic at the base of the Blue Spire and she seemed very surprised when her spell shat the bed). It's probably hard to develop social skills when people find out you can make dragons do stuff and also kill everyone for The Greater Good.

Before the Goddess gave up her powers, Lucia was probably strong enough to make Magic Emperor Ghaleon eat those loving pixies. Just sayin'.

If WD did Lunar 1 & 2 in this day and age, I'd like to think a lot of the humorous character asides and NPC's would sound more like what Crowetron is writing.

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Excuse me, but floor-based pentagrams are involved, so it must be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnn47V09Q2M

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

This is whole thread is only now moving on to Disc 2? Holy Jumpin' loving Jesus, no wonder people start but don't finish LP's of these games. You're a better man than I, Crowetron.

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

For all the Lunar 1 remakes, the Sega CD version still has the best soundtrack of all of them and is one of my favorite game soundtracks of all time.

This thread :black101:

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

This kinda threw me for a loop when I first played. Because so far, everyone has been more or less a copy from someone from the original.

Nash = Jean, the speedy character with an OK offense whose your main status-

Nash was always useless, in the original and remakes (for being a game set in a magical world, Lunar doesn't have interesting magic characters).

I haven't played this game in years but I remember Jean breaking her foot off in half of the assess of the population of Lunar.

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

I'm glad you've decided to start updating again, Crowetron. Don't leave us with Eternal Blue Balls (sorry), go all the way through the Epilogue!

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Please make time for this LP in your life. Whenever I close my eyes, I see the Brogan Bromide. Can't you think of me for once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

p4vl
Aug 13, 2004

Thanks for updating this, you Ruthless Bastard.

• Locked thread