Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrLexus
Jun 30, 2010
I compiled this from SRAR data, to complete one of the previously posted graphs (RIP Saskatoon Housing Bubble blog)

I can understand a bubble in places like Toronto and Vancouver. Those are international destinations for many people. But Saskatoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrLexus
Jun 30, 2010

You bet it is:

from http://www.greaterfool.ca/2014/08/07/the-melt/:

quote:

But it could be worse. It could be Saskatoon.

Sigh. Was it only a year ago the prairie people were telling us they were different? How everyone in a province where football fans wear actual melons on their heads was getting rich? That Saskabush was booming?

You might want to rethink that. There are now more people bailing out of their houses than at any time since back in 2008. Listings have surged by 19% from this time a year ago, and at the same time sales have dropped by 9%. Supply up. Demand down. Guess what comes next?

DrLexus
Jun 30, 2010

Danny LaFever posted:

Northend Saskatoon. Already said I'd beat the poo poo out of him if he tried to buy it.

I also live in Saskatoon. No one should be buying anything here.

I recently had to take the bus as my car was in the shop for a few days. A guy from Rosewood(suburb far out of the way) complained to the driver the Downtown Direct buses since now combined were skipping Rosewood.

Who buys a new house in Rosewood, and then suffers through a 40 minute bus ride to get to work on time? People who put all their money in their modular home on a 20' wide lot, and then can't afford a car and $140/month parking pass. Why live in a city as small as Saskatoon and then face a commute longer than what some Torontonians face?

We have some really bright lights in this city.