Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2 + 2 = 5
Apr 11, 2003
I find it decidedly INCONVENIENT that the gun was never found.
How would a crash or major downturn impact rent in big cities (specifically Toronto/Vancouver)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 + 2 = 5
Apr 11, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

Soon no one will be able to afford condos :shepspends:
That means now is the ideal time to buy, since prices always go up. When prices are even more unaffordable, selling the condo for a profit will be a piece of cake because there will be lots of people that can afford it waiting to buy.

2 + 2 = 5
Apr 11, 2003

etalian posted:

It also has a a somewhat weak economy but still pretty much the only metropolitan area in Canada that doesn't have ripoff housing prices while having good transit/poo poo to do.
Quebec City is also extremely great, probably 2nd best quality of life (considering cost of living) after Montreal.

2 + 2 = 5
Apr 11, 2003

Cultural Imperial posted:

Isn't Quebec city a new urbanism hipster's nightmare of strip malls and highways?
You can rent a 1 bedroom 3rd floor walkup in Limoilou (10 minute walk to old Quebec/downtown) for 5-600/mo. The priciest accommodations you can find in town are like $800-1000/mo for a ridiculously beautiful 1 bedroom. Steps to great nightlife. Eat pork and veal from Charlevoix. Pay gouge prices for wine. Drink malty rear end beer. J'aime Quebec.

2 + 2 = 5
Apr 11, 2003

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I'd love Quebec if it wasn't full of French people and wasn't so loving cold all the time
Maybe French people aren't nice to you because you seem to have racist jerk attitudes towards them?

2 + 2 = 5
Apr 11, 2003
Target just announced it is closing all 133 Canadian stores despite our strong stable economy.

2 + 2 = 5
Apr 11, 2003
Target has approximately 18000 employees in Canada, they are getting 16 weeks severance pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 + 2 = 5
Apr 11, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

You can do it there, many have.
Yup. I live in city centre Quebec City, walk to work (and practically everything else I do), and pay $815 for a 2 BR with a balcony that looks over the Laurentians. I don't miss paying $1400 for a hole in Toronto. And most people here are helpful if you're putting in some effort to learn French.