Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Troll posted:

GrAviTy84, out of curiosity what recipe/ratio do you use for your crepes? I like their versatility but I'm not completely satisfied with the current recipe I use.

I'm not terribly satisfied with this recipe either. They were the King Arthur Flour website recipe.

GrAviTy84 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedySurfer
Sep 30, 2008
I made turkey and olive meatballs last night. They were good:

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

GrAviTy84 posted:

Chicken burger and chicken nuggets.

I need to know more about this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

:swoon:

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I am generally indifferent about crepes but I would loving kill for that salmon stuffed one jesus.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
I'd like to learn more about those chicken nuggets...

made brussel sprout hotchpot with cheese, jus with baked mushrooms, smoked sausage and mustard

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

paraquat posted:

I'd like to learn more about those chicken nuggets...

made brussel sprout hotchpot with cheese, jus with baked mushrooms, smoked sausage and mustard

I need to know more about this, minus the mushroom part.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

cptInsane0 posted:

I need to know more about this, minus the mushroom part.

The brussel sprout hotchpot is one part potatoes, one part brussel sprouts, cooked in chicken bouillon. Mashed with a bit of milk and a couple of tablespoons of grated cheese, and some pepper and grated nutmeg.
The rest of the dish (jus, smoked sausage, mustard) came from packages and jars...

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I am generally indifferent about crepes but I would loving kill for that salmon stuffed one jesus.

:3:

internet inc posted:

I need to know more about this.

Ok. I'm not really sure what else to post about it though. Shred some brussels sprouts and a carrot, add honey, sherry vinegar, bit of mayo, minced garlic, and salt. Salt a split chicken breast and dust lightly with a mixture of cayenne, rubbed sage, thyme, and black pepper. Dredge in salted flour, then in butter milk, then in flour, then in buttermilk, then in flour again, and fry at 325 F until cooked through. Re fry again at 375F for crisp. Serve on a bun. Same method for the chicken nugs, but it's just chunks of chicken meat, thigh or breast or tenderloin, they all work well.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
Had coleslaw and a fajita this evening:

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
Knish! Potato, broccoli and onion. Also made Kasha and caramelized onions ones. Phone cam isn't too good at picking up the green. In the future, unless I am feeding these to guests I'll probably just make significantly larger ones.

Manifresh
May 6, 2010
Posole! Having tried it for the first time this weekend at an awesome local food truck (and LOVING it), we decided to make some.

Bone in pork butt, guajillo and california chilis (the only dry chilis my grocery store sold) and lots of onion and garlic. Served with cabbage, cilantro, radishes and a side of fresh baked cornbread, griddled slightly for a nice crunch.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I love going to the food truck gatherings.. those are the best.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Manifresh posted:

Posole! Having tried it for the first time this weekend at an awesome local food truck (and LOVING it), we decided to make some.

Bone in pork butt, guajillo and california chilis (the only dry chilis my grocery store sold) and lots of onion and garlic. Served with cabbage, cilantro, radishes and a side of fresh baked cornbread, griddled slightly for a nice crunch.

So I looked up the wiki for posole and uh let's say the old recipe was something. :stare:

human meat

Manifresh
May 6, 2010

Breaky posted:

So I looked up the wiki for posole and uh let's say the old recipe was something. :stare:

human meat

I've had a difficult time locating human meat in my local mega-mart, but I will have to keep an eye out for it so I can make authentic posole sometime.

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001

Manifresh posted:

I've had a difficult time locating human meat in my local mega-mart, but I will have to keep an eye out for it so I can make authentic posole sometime.

I'll keep that in mind for the next GWS Secret Santa. We all love authenticity.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Like most meat, make sure to get ethically sourced posole meat. The best is to raise your own free range people (the technical name is "child rearing").

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
What about if you have 'those neighbors' which can suddenly and conveniently disappear without a trace and no one in the neighborhood would mind including their families most likely?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Breaky posted:

human meat

Pork is the next closest thing anyway. They call it long pig for a reason.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I bring a camera to the table: Soylent Posole is People

Ratatouille, oven fries, duck with awful limp skin

Spaghetti bread. My husband loved this, the only thing I liked was how wonderfully al dente the spaghetti remained. SubG, I didn't do your French bread recipe justice because I made it all on the same day. :saddowns:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

kinmik posted:

Spaghetti bread. My husband loved this, the only thing I liked was how wonderfully al dente the spaghetti remained. SubG, I didn't do your French bread recipe justice because I made it all on the same day. :saddowns:

:stare:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Unicom
Mar 29, 2006

kinmik posted:

Holy poo poo, I've never seen something like this before. Hopefully there's some Bolognese in there, or that is just carbs and nothing else.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Unicom posted:

Holy poo poo, I've never seen something like this before. Hopefully there's some Bolognese in there, or that is just carbs and nothing else.

You mean like bread?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

It's exactly what it looks like: A solid block o' carbs. There's a number of reasons for this. My husband is in the Armed Forces, he doesn't eat beef or pork, and he's got the culinary preferences of a five year old. Also, my uterus started rebelling against me while I was making this, and subsequently my brain and mouth simultaneously went "gently caress it, I want in on this poo poo."

There is some mozzarella in there, so there's some protein too. :thumbsup:

e: Be honest, is this going to get me run out of GWS on a rail or should I refer my husband to Mrs. Gunderson?

kinmik fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 14, 2013

Unicom
Mar 29, 2006

Glottis posted:

You mean like bread?

Well yeah but I wouldn't eat just a loaf of bread for dinner and that looks like it was made as a meal.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A loaf of fresh baked Cuban bread from the bakery is a horrible temptress..

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

kinmik posted:

It's exactly what it looks like: A solid block o' carbs. There's a number of reasons for this. My husband is in the Armed Forces, he doesn't eat beef or pork, and he's got the culinary preferences of a five year old. Also, my uterus started rebelling against me while I was making this, and subsequently my brain and mouth simultaneously went "gently caress it, I want in on this poo poo."

There is some mozzarella in there, so there's some protein too. :thumbsup:

e: Be honest, is this going to get me run out of GWS on a rail or should I refer my husband to Mrs. Gunderson?

Nah you're fine. If you placed a slice in front of me I'd probably eat it. It's just uh...nothing I've ever heard of before :stare:

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
I love a good pasta sandwich :D

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

kinmik posted:

Spaghetti bread.

I, uhgg, hmmm, errrr, ahhh, ?

I'm not just judging, I'd eat it, just welp.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

That looks like a great side dish for meatballs. I usually eat a lot of bread with my pasta anyway.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Stilton walnut risotto

Gypsy soup and habanero cheddar scones

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Casu Marzu posted:

Nah you're fine. If you placed a slice in front of me I'd probably eat it. It's just uh...nothing I've ever heard of before :stare:

I'd find it really hard to say no to that. When I was in kindergarten, they used to put canned spaghetti in the little sandwiches we had for lunch. That loaf probably tastes like my childhood.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Canned spaghetti grilled cheese oh man

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Baked salmon (in delicious butter with spring onions) with avocado and hollandaise sauce. Served with roasted sweet potato, a turkish roll and parmesan-coated asparagus and mushrooms. Perfect food for starting the 5-day weekend binge of football...

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Maybe it's just me but...avocado and hollandaise? What's it like? I feel like warm sauce and room-temp avocado over the baked fish would be too great a temp differential.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Casu Marzu posted:

I occasionally pile some of my pasta on a slice of garlic bread and eat that, seems like this is a more efficient version of the same idea.

PainBreak
Jun 9, 2001

Grand Fromage posted:

I occasionally pile some of my pasta on a slice of garlic bread and eat that, seems like this is a more efficient version of the same idea.

Same here... It may defy all logic and reason, but starch on starch is pretty great sometimes.

For example, I make some badass baked potato soup--I think I have posted the recipe here before. It starts out with a roux, and is basically a mornay / cheesy gravy, with 5lbs of potatoes added. It's liquid starch. How do you eat it? With a nice hunk of baguette, that's how. You dip that poo poo!

What about biscuits and gravy? That's a loving great starch on starch combo right there.

Also, my wife says spaghetti bread's all over Pinterest, but I find that hard to believe, since I don't think you can make it in a crockpot.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Veritek83 posted:

Maybe it's just me but...avocado and hollandaise? What's it like? I feel like warm sauce and room-temp avocado over the baked fish would be too great a temp differential.
It actually came out pretty good. I don't know what the thinking was since it was my wife's choice of meal (I just got the job of cooking :D) but it ended up melding nicely with the salmon and working in a very thrown-together way. It also helped that the sweet potato actually came out crispy, which can be a bit hit or miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

I beefnoodled for dnner for the first time (oxtail bò kho)

btw starch combo lovers: Potato Burrito

feelz good man fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 15, 2013

• Locked thread