Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bosko
Dec 13, 2006
Quinoa and black beans burger. Inside are pan fried shallots and garlic, to add some flavour.

I got lazy, had no GF bread so just ate it with a big leaf :v: Not pictured are roast sweet potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
I could have this meal every weekend. Blade roast cooked low and slow to medium-rare, with potatoes around it, soaking up all those delicious juices.

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

Nhilist posted:

Potato Soup...or something like it.

I'm going to shoot from the hip more often, this turned out to be the hit soup appetizer of Christmas lunch.

Lovely! I imagine that this would be just as good without cream, but the cream must definitely add a nice feel.

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

copen posted:

Served on creamy parmesan polenta with glaze of meat.

You inspired me! I did some grass-fed, aged beef shank.

Braised for about 6 hours until the tendon was soft enough to eat. Yum. (this image is before the water began simmering)

No serving picture, but I also made polenta for the first time. Was alright!

It was cold, so also made a batch of lentil soup with plenty of smoked hock:

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

Humboldt Squid posted:

It's been beautiful outside so I decided it was time for a Venezuelan-style parilla

Porkchops marinated overnight in adobo, guasacaca, grilled corn and arepitas. Also andouille sausage because I couldn't find Spanish style chorizo.

This looks great. Is that a more "runny" guac you have there? I'd be curious to know. I've always been a chunky-guac kind of man, but that looks like it'd just lay nicely over all that chicken!

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
It was Canada Day so I had some time and patience. Tried my hand at smoking for the first time using my Weber grill. This ~2.5lb pork butt was in for about 5 hours at an avg. temperature of 275 degrees. Eventually it began to drop and although I wanted pulled pork, the temp could not hold anymore (I lifted up ONCE to check, and that was probably a bad idea)

Excuse the weird lens blur. I had my phone camera on the wrong setting and too late to notice it :3

Turned out pretty amazing. Nice bark and about half an inch of that red colouring before transitioning to a more natural pork colour. I will have to try again

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
For dessert, we made a gluten-free pound cake with a simple whipped cream and strawberries we picked that morning. Nothing fancy, but took 5 minutes to assemble and was a hit!

Edit: There are also a handful of raspberries, not picked, because we had them and wanted to use them up.

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Make kimchi, including kale and chard (front jar)

Thanks to Wiggles' advice I threw in a chopped up apple and it turned out great!

Would love the recipe on these!

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
I did my first pickling. Albeit it's a quick pickle, so good to eat after 24 hours. Primarily, I loved the colour of these radishes that were used in the pickle:

As for dinner, I made Lasagna for the first time in a long while. Turned out pretty nice! Could have been a bit more saucey.

Lots of Spinach :3

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
All I wanted was green beans. Roasted for 40 minutes with garlic, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, salt/pepper

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

Jose posted:

At what temperature did you roast these at to get them like that after 40 minutes? I had them at 150C and came back after half an hour to find they were probably over done with a couple that were burnt

I actually had it higher, I think about 375F if I recall. About 40 minutes, but I tossed them every 10-15.

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

cigaw posted:

With Braised Leeks (which were unfortunately a little undercooked).

Beautiful. I've never thought to braise leeks because I grew up mostly making leek soup (where browning on the leek = bad). Summary of how you made em? Looks like there's lots of garlic!

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
I made a very very cheesy pizza. Been experimenting with gluten-free crusts and the one behind the cheesy mass came out like cardboard. Onto the next one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

Bob_McBob posted:

Have you tried the CI/ATK gluten-free pizza crust? It looks pretty decent.

I have not. I assume that's a picture of their crust? Looks so nice and crispy! I'll try, thanks :)

• Locked thread