Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
I've been cooking the odd spot of Chinese food just recently...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
I baked some potato buns for sous vide burgs. Pan seared and topped with torched Swiss cheese and sauteed mushrooms.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Abortion in a bowl:

Which becomes bang bang chicken:

And some steamed eggs:

I also burged again the other night with home made potato buns:

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

I uh... rather like banging chicken.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Rurutia posted:

I know everyone wants to know your recipes. But I want to know how the hell you stay skinny with how much you bake.

You give away most of it to family, friends, and coworkers so they get fat instead :ssh:

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Fiddlin' :chef:

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Mapo and a blanched/stir fried fiddlehead thing with ginger sauce. Pretty tasty; would fiddle again.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Also picked up some garlic...

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Burged with my doge assistant

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Looks amazing - what did you add in terms of seasoning?

Just salt and pepper on either side right before cooking. I fried the patties in bacon grease and added the cheese at the end to melt it. The sauce is a "pub-style" mayo sauce from CI: 3/4 cup mayo, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp chopped chives, 1 minced garlic glove, pepper. The buns are made with this recipe; I normally do potato buns, but these ones were so tasty for the amount of effort required I'll probably just be lazy and use them instead in the future.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

DontAskKant posted:

Did they envelope the candy from the bottom?

The cookies are missing their tops in the before photo. You put a second disc of dough on top of the candy and pinch the edges shut.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
I made congee for the first time today. Unfortunately I am a dumb and didn't realize I was out of century eggs, salted duck eggs, and green onions. I have been eating a huge pot of congee all day with basically everything I can get my hands on, though. I also tried chili oil, pickled mustard green, chopped zha cai, and lots of other good stuff.

I never want congee again until the next time I make congee which will definitely not be tomorrow for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

bosko posted:

I made a very very cheesy pizza. Been experimenting with gluten-free crusts and the one behind the cheesy mass came out like cardboard. Onto the next one...

Have you tried the CI/ATK gluten-free pizza crust? It looks pretty decent.

• Locked thread