Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Terrible cell phone picture, but heavenly burger. My wife was craving potato chips tonight, I was craving burgers. Nice 80/20 ground with bacon, shredded melted cheddar, purple onions and topped with baked potato chips.

EDIT: I cringe in shame of the Italian Dressing in the background. It's, um, ok and it gets my 10 year old to eat salad rather than pick at it.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

twoday posted:

SHOOTERS SANDWICH OMFG YES

This looks incredible, and I have two 1.75" steaks in the fridge that lacked purpose. I will be poisoning my family with botulism forthwith. Thank you.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Black bean chill crab - 3 dungeness crabs in a black bean & chill sauce with cilantro garnish (i love cilantro as you can see.)

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

A couple of recent dinners where I remembered to snap a phone pic:

Black Bean Chili Crab

Before and after of some marinated grilled pork Char Sui style (was Loin not belly/shoulder though, all I had handy):

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Appl posted:

\_@<

I made duck confit using a combination of Thomas Keller's cure and Michael Ruhlman's olive oil supplementing idea.

Keller cure: http://emilysculinaryadventures.blogspot.ca/2013/02/sous-vide-duck-confit.html

Rhulman recipe: http://ruhlman.com/2009/03/duck-confit-its-whats-for-lunch/

Then I put it on top of sauteed mushrooms and toast, and served it with buttered green beans and a salad made out of babby kale, goat cheese, pecans, and oranges. Dressing was orange juice, duck fat, and dijon mustard.

Oh my that looks so good.

Crappy picture but it was delicious. Homemade pastrami and potato onion knish served with pickles, sauerkraut and german rye. Several mustards not pictured.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

feelz good man posted:

Were the pickles homemade? Can we get a recipe for the knish? The entire spread looks amazing

The pickles and sauerkraut (and rye) were deli bought. The knish were made from a modified version of this recipe:

http://theshiksa.com/2010/06/23/manhattan-delis-and-the-art-of-knish-part-2/

We changed the recipe to use a rough pastry (butter pastry) dough for a more flaky texture. (She actually notes doing this in the recipe with the caveat that it makes the result not kosher, which didn't matter for us, we're not jewish.)

The knish were the star actually, although the pastrami was fantastic, the knish were flaky, creamy, savoury little magic dumplings.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Made a lamb massuman curry - apologies for image heavy post.

The beginning (some store bought stock, I had a couple frozen cubes of home made but not enough).

Prep - onions, chilis, star anise, cinnamon, garlic, shallots, ginger, cardamom pods, turmeric and fenugreek. Spices are pre-toasting.

Preparing braising liquid (spices, tamarind, coconut milk, stock) - lamb is somewhat seared in ghee. Added bay leaves.

Re-seared the lamb - not pictured. Transferred lamb and liquid to slow cooker with potatoes.

Dumped in a big bowl 4 hours later with some chopped cilantro. Separate bowl of extra curry sauce for the roti which I should've pictured cause it was roti canai and was awesome.

The taste was way, way better than my lovely pics. I really need to take better shots to post. The roti canai was fantastic and is made this way http://chefinyou.com/2009/11/roti-canai-recipe/ which I can't recommend enough.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 16, 2013

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

benisntfunny posted:

Me and the lil lady did a Beef Wellington turned out good -- took forever.

Unf. That looks fantastic. Lard pastry or butter rough or what?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

benisntfunny posted:

It's puff pastry that I ran a fork through to stop the puffing and gave it an egg wash.

It's beautiful - did you make it in traditional puff pastry fashion or was it rough cut? Just curious, I've been working on pastries. And the colour on the meat is divine.

For content - nowhere near as nice either food or photo wise:

Ginger Beef - had no green onions which was unfortunate, but it was pretty good even without.

Pizza - crappy cell phone pic but it was great pizza, shredded homemade bbq chicken, sweet onion, criminis and gouda, jack and mozza. Not shown, blood orange and habanero salsa to offset the sweet chicken.

I just realized my pizza has a Pope's nose.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Made some lamb and potatoes Greek style, but made way too much for my 3 person family. Woke up with a bit of a retsina hangover and craved a big breakfast. The result:

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 6, 2014

• Locked thread