Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I made Largemouth Bass Fish Chowder for dinner. Basically the recepie here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/new-england-fish-chowder-recipe0.html Except halved, bacon instead of salt pork, bloomed some Old Bay before browning the onions, deglazing the pot with half a cup of burgundy, some dried mushrooms thrown in with the fish, and I did the stock my own way.

I made the fish stock out of catfish carcases leftover from filleting, with onion, carrots, and garlic, on top of my new toy.

Outdoors, of course.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Casu Marzu posted:

Got bored, made cake.

Valrhona cocoa layer, raspberry mousse layer, bourbon sponge layer, repeat. Bourbon buttercream, dusted with a bit more valrhona

(cake me like one of your french pastries)

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 5, 2014

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
GUYS I HAD A BABY FOR BREAKFAST.

A Dutch Baby! Came out lovely in my cast iron. I used Alton Brown's recipe. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dutch-baby-recipe0.html However, I had to take it out early, it was threatening to burn.

Get in my tummy, baby.

angor posted:

We still doing pie?

Hot water crust pastry. The inside was an indian spiced vegetarian filling (potato, sweet potato, onion, carrot, peas, corn) and when I cut into the pie, it just spilled everywhere. The pastry was excellent, though.

I have some leftover pastry, so I might do some mushroom, broccoli, smoked cheddar pasties tomorrow with it.

That's not a pie, it's a space station. It's like a foot tall!

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 8, 2014

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Nelson Mandela posted:

Swedish 'balls.

What recipe did you use for those?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

nuru posted:

Did he grow up with bad midwestern pork chops? It's not possible to dislike well made pork.

It's probably those bland zero fat Pork Loin Strips that people destroy on the grill that he's been exposed to. They are pretty tough and tasteless. Or those mushy breaded freezer burn specials. Or the slimey Pork Special at Cracker Barrel that's a step away from rancid.

My favorite pork chop dish is sear them super quick, then toss them in a pan sauce of cooked down apples, onions, white wine (or a nice hoppy beer), and butter. You can also throw a handful of berries in there. Just not blueberries if you have reservations about eating inappropriately purple food. Those were seriously purple pork chops.

• Locked thread