Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«177 »
pocketbelt
Oct 9, 2012

HRAH

Chip Cheezum posted:

Solid Snake will make an appearance (in Japan, for now) as a DLC sword. The sword is imbued with his spirit and it also talks like Snake. I'm not joking.

I hadn't heard of that before (tried to go on info black-out so I stopped reading the old thread and articles) but oh god I hope they bring that over. I'd pay for it in a heartbeat, it just sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

That said, Konami said that a PC version isn't totally off the books, one may still happen depending on circumstances. Hopefully the success of Dark Souls PC is an indicator to some Japanese companies that PC gamers want their games, too. I'm hopeful considering some of the things Platinum have said about Valve and Steam.

A pc version may be a bit unlikely since Revengence is running off of the Vanquish engine which never got a pc port. So in order to make one they would have to put in the bit of extra work to get that working as well since it was never designed for pc ports.

It's not completely unlikely but there's a bit more effort then a simple port job.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

If a PC port even slightly increased the chance of Vanquish and Bayonetta coming to the PC, then I'd buy copies for literally everyone.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

We're marooned on a small island in an endless sea, confined to a tiny spit of sand, unable to escape.

But tonight, on this small planet, we're gonna rock civilization.

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

It isn't. The one that streamer unlocked turned out to be an orange skin; the actual red skin is DLC-only.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a cheap $3 bundle later on with the three pre-order recolor suits. Not that I'd be interested in any of them - the perks they offer don't sound too interesting, and visually they're just palette swaps.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

CrashScreen posted:

Oh poo poo, that's right. I forgot all about that there may be an issue with using it. There's always adapters and stuff, though.

The thing is that if it is 120V, using it elsewhere would need an expensive device to alter the voltage (I've heard they can be like $100), a regular plug adapter wouldn't cut it.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Whoops.

BreakAtmo posted:

The thing is that if it is 120V, using it elsewhere would need an expensive device to alter the voltage (I've heard they can be like $100), a regular plug adapter wouldn't cut it.

I've never actually had to do that before, so I don't really know much about it. That's pretty poo poo, and quite problematic. It's bad enough that shipping here brings it up to nearly $200 (which, actually, still isn't a bad price in GBP compared to most other kinds of these limited editions, but that's besides the point). I guess it'll be some time before I get to actually use it ....

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

I disagree!

I know the Japanese version was posted but was this shown?

I like the bad guys English voices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWHgAi7btTg (Skip the intro)

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 16, 2004

randombattle posted:

A pc version may be a bit unlikely since Revengence is running off of the Vanquish engine which never got a pc port. So in order to make one they would have to put in the bit of extra work to get that working as well since it was never designed for pc ports.

It's not completely unlikely but there's a bit more effort then a simple port job.

This is true, but it sounds like Platinum wants to get started on releasing games on PC at some point, and I'd say that a Dark Souls port was just as, if not more unlikely, yet here we are. The Kojima Productions version of Rising was on the MGS4 engine and not the Fox engine, right? So Konami was planning on funding a PC port in an engine not designed for it already. I guess I just like being pointlessly optimistic. As you say, it's far from a sure thing, but combined with what people from platinum and Konami/Kojima Productions are saying, it's far from ruled out.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Galactic Punt

The Kojima Productions version of Rising was on the MGS4 engine and not the Fox engine, right?

I think so, all we'd seen of FOX engine at that point was the guy and the dog in the jungle, I think.

Orgia Carnaval
Oct 22, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I know the Japanese version was posted but was this shown?

I like the bad guys English voices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWHgAi7btTg (Skip the intro)

Yeah, every voice in English is perfect and unique. Crispin Freeman as Sundowner is great because not only is Freeman amazing at doing psycho-crazy characters, but his southern drawl is just wonderful. John Kassir as Monsoon is great too, his voice shows off his arrogance perfectly but he doesn't physically seem like a big tough guy making his power even more fitting. Salli Saffioti has a great voice that thankfully isn't drowned with sex appeal and still manages to give off the exotic connotation well.

I'd like to say more about Sam's, but we've literally only like three lines from him, sadly.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

You have my permission to
STAY OUT OF THE
FUCKING WAY!

Spermando posted:

Finally, here's a video of the plasma sword.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKASBdNU7EI

I just pre ordered the PS3 version at GameStop a little while ago. Gonna be hitting up the midnight release for this on Monday night. So drat excited to finally be able to play Grey Fox: The Game in a few days.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

BUDDHA'S A BRO
296 Fuckups and Counting!

So does anyone know what's the status on this coming to psn? Planning to share it with a buddy.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

This is true, but it sounds like Platinum wants to get started on releasing games on PC at some point, and I'd say that a Dark Souls port was just as, if not more unlikely, yet here we are. The Kojima Productions version of Rising was on the MGS4 engine and not the Fox engine, right? So Konami was planning on funding a PC port in an engine not designed for it already. I guess I just like being pointlessly optimistic. As you say, it's far from a sure thing, but combined with what people from platinum and Konami/Kojima Productions are saying, it's far from ruled out.

Also Brutal Legend is just now getting a PC port, so anything is possible I guess.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

So is the Snake sword supposed to imply Solid Snake is dead by the time of this game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Watch that tongue... sticky!

RatHat posted:

So is the Snake sword supposed to imply Solid Snake is dead by the time of this game?

It's been like 4-8 years or whatever. Dude's dead unless they got a massive plot twist in store.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Galactic Punt

Yeah man, and they used nanomachines to put his consciousness in a stick for Raiden to hit people with.

...to be honest that's no less ridiculous than the Liquid Ocelot thing.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

RatHat posted:

Otacon was able to transfer Snake's consciousness before his body failed. Unfortunately, he could only use a prop sword he got from an Anime convention.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

AG: Flyyyyyyyy!

Crispin Freeman is Sundowner!?

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

So after playing through the demo a few more times, I think the bladewolf's pin attack is just kinda buggy. He seems to lock you into the pin before he actually connects with the attack.

I'm glad I learned how to do the Stinger move (forward forward triangle) because it makes closing the distance on enemies a breeze. Including the bladewolf. If you screw up a perfect counter and still block him you can dash in with the stinger anyway and whoop up on him, or sometimes even launch him (forward forward square) and go hog wild with blade mode on him while he's in the air.

Sliding (dash then press triangle) into blade mode is awesome too, although it can make it slightly more difficult to snag glow worms out of guys since you're moving.

CrushedB
Jun 1, 2008

TheLoser posted:

Otacon was able to transfer Snake's consciousness before his body failed. Unfortunately, he could only use a prop sword he got from an Anime convention.

So basically this game is Fullmetal Alchemist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Watch that tongue... sticky!

CrushedB posted:

So basically this game is Fullmetal Alchemist.

I would play the hell out of Fullmetal Gear: Revengence so I hope so.

Orgia Carnaval
Oct 22, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Crispin Freeman is Sundowner!?

Indeed he is. Ever seen the Crypt Keeper or Rocket Power? Monsoon is voiced by that dude too.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

They'll have transferred Solid Snake's brain into an advanced Metal Gear android, which will be the secret boss of the game.

And its' code name will be Big Daddy.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

not all who wander are lost

Is there a reason to use Blade Mode other than when you can actually cut things? I've seen a few videos of someone playing the demo (Blade Wolf in particular) and they use Blade Mode a lot to make normal attacks and it seems really pointless to me other than the slow-mo effect it has. It does less damage than normal wide and heavy attacks, too.

Bar Mitzvah
Feb 24, 2009

Picked up the game tonight from a local merchant. Hoping that it's good...

I rarely buy games without some semblance of a review average nowadays.

Orgia Carnaval
Oct 22, 2010

You can use Blade Mode to cut normal enemies open and get their electrolyte spines to recover health and blade mode, plus it also acts as an instant-kill should you be able to cut your enemy up accurately enough when they're weakened. You also get mad points for slicing an opponent into little bits and you get a good chunk of BP for slicing off their left arms. using it against bosses and stronger enemies recklessly though will get you nowhere, especially since regular slashes in blade mode do gently caress all damage to bosses.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

You can use Blade Mode to cut normal enemies open and get their electrolyte spines to recover health and blade mode, plus it also acts as an instant-kill should you be able to cut your enemy up accurately enough when they're weakened. You also get mad points for slicing an opponent into little bits and you get a good chunk of BP for slicing off their left arms. using it against bosses and stronger enemies recklessly though will get you nowhere, especially since regular slashes in blade mode do gently caress all damage to bosses.
I know that. What I was asking was if there's any point at all to use Blade Mode when you can't cut something up, e.g. a Gekko or Blade Wolf. I see a lot of people do that for some reason and it doesn't seem to do much damage at all, or at least less than normal attacks do.

That Gobbo
Mar 26, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

I know that. What I was asking was if there's any point at all to use Blade Mode when you can't cut something up, e.g. a Gekko or Blade Wolf. I see a lot of people do that for some reason and it doesn't seem to do much damage at all, or at least less than normal attacks do.

It looks hella cool.

Orgia Carnaval
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah, not at all. I don't understand why people do it instead of just regular attacking, but Blade Mode does like little to no damage in terms of fighting bigger enemies and bosses, your best option is to actually fight them at that point.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Stare-Out posted:

Is there a reason to use Blade Mode other than when you can actually cut things? I've seen a few videos of someone playing the demo (Blade Wolf in particular) and they use Blade Mode a lot to make normal attacks and it seems really pointless to me other than the slow-mo effect it has. It does less damage than normal wide and heavy attacks, too.

I have no idea if its "worth it" damage wise but it feels good to slap him around about twenty times before he breaks out of your blademode combo, I assumed that was what they wanted you to do in that fight since he's kind of flighty and gives you a pile of glow worm containing enemies to chop open.

Although it did feel like the fight went faster when I just kept hitting him with stinger and a few chops here and there. Coulda just been because there were no time-outs in the fight where he just got a ton of slaps in the face though.

Also there is totally a cardboard box in the VR training room. Sneakiest ninja mode.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

I think there are some rare situations where you can use it to cut projectiles and such. I'd bet, given this is a Platinum game, there are all kinds of small tricks you can do with it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Yeah, not at all. I don't understand why people do it instead of just regular attacking, but Blade Mode does like little to no damage in terms of fighting bigger enemies and bosses, your best option is to actually fight them at that point.
Yeah, that's how I see it. Guess I just watch a lot of videos of people playing the game badly.

miscellaneous14 posted:

I think there are some rare situations where you can use it to cut projectiles and such. I'd bet, given this is a Platinum game, there are all kinds of small tricks you can do with it.
You can cut things like rockets and even the knives Blade Wolf flings at you, though that's pretty tricky to time right.

weird bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Blade mode cancels recovery animations of attacks if you tap it.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Last thread someone mentioned that you can parry grenades. I can't test that right now, but is it true?

EDDryden
Jan 31, 2013

weird bleep posted:

Blade mode cancels recovery animations of attacks if you tap it.

This. Quick blade mode taps stop the recovery on just about everything in the demo, apart from the (useless?) breakdance and the back/sidestep dodges.

Plus, going hog-wild on Bladewolf in blade mode just feels too gosh darned good, even if it is largely purposeless

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Silentman0 posted:

Last thread someone mentioned that you can parry grenades. I can't test that right now, but is it true?

You can knock them away with regular attacks.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Got around to playing DmC and you know what the difference between that and this is? DmC doesn't have the guts to let you fight cops. It has police as antagonists but contrives reasons to keep you from actually slicing and dicing 'em.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

Whenever I did the parry move on the grenades Raiden would roll towards the grenadier and slash. Unless you mean the explosion. In which case, I don't know.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Agnostalgia posted:

Got around to playing DmC and you know what the difference between that and this is? DmC doesn't have the guts to let you fight cops. It has police as antagonists but contrives reasons to keep you from actually slicing and dicing 'em.

I still maintain that there should be an easter egg track, for like April Fool's or something, during the cop fights by N.W.A. or Body-Count-era Ice-T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004

Iserlohn posted:

Whenever I did the parry move on the grenades Raiden would roll towards the grenadier and slash. Unless you mean the explosion. In which case, I don't know.

Use the dodge attack with Jump + Wide Attack. It will swat the grenade away and make you hop out of any other surrounding danger at the same time. Trying to parry grenades had led to nothing but frustration for me.

«177 »