Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«177 »
Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

Sex_Ferguson posted:

You can use Blade Mode to cut normal enemies open and get their electrolyte spines to recover health and blade mode, plus it also acts as an instant-kill should you be able to cut your enemy up accurately enough when they're weakened. You also get mad points for slicing an opponent into little bits and you get a good chunk of BP for slicing off their left arms. using it against bosses and stronger enemies recklessly though will get you nowhere, especially since regular slashes in blade mode do gently caress all damage to bosses.

I'm sorry, the correct answer is that blade mode allows you to cut a dude into 100+ pieces in less than a minute.

Also cancelling moves with a long windown I GUESS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgia Carnaval
Oct 22, 2010

Oh right, I keep forgetting about Blade Cancelling even though I'm not totally sure if that's still going to be a thing in the final version or not.

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004

For those that have watched the stream, did you see multi-zandatsus being performed with ease? It's the one thing from the demo that I sorely missed. I found myself in the situation of having multiple spines flying around and only being able to grab one constantly.

EDDryden
Jan 31, 2013

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Oh right, I keep forgetting about Blade Cancelling even though I'm not totally sure if that's still going to be a thing in the final version or not.

There's no reason it wouldn't be, really. Platinum's from the kind of stock that knows people like cancelling poo poo in their action games (reload cancelling and boost rolling in Vanquish, assorted sway dodge nonsense in God Hand, etc). Plus it just makes the game feel so very smooth, I can't imagine they'd ax it.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Xenin posted:

For those that have watched the stream, did you see multi-zandatsus being performed with ease? It's the one thing from the demo that I sorely missed. I found myself in the situation of having multiple spines flying around and only being able to grab one constantly.

Yes, I've seen a guy grab three at once.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I hope they implement an extra mode like Devil May Cry 4's Heaven and Hell difficulty, where everything dies in one hit, including yourself. Although in this game you'd be slicing through enemies like in the original trailer. With one hit point of health, you'd also need to use stealth a lot more.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

I dunno if this has been posted before but

http://www.therpf.com/f24/metal-gea...warning-172767/

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Looking good, but what he has for the abs doesn't look too great.

Rageaholic Monkey
May 31, 2005

You have my permission to
STAY OUT OF THE
FUCKING WAY!

Jesus Christ, dude's going all out!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

That's a costume he's making? If there are pictures of it or anything in the OP I can't see them, only the reference pics.

edit: oh never mind, I can see it on page 2.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's a costume he's making? If there are pictures of it or anything in the OP I can't see them, only the reference pics.

He doesn't seem to update the OP, he just posts the update pictures later in the thread.

Soccus Nephropidae
Nov 1, 2010

When bread drinks milk,
it seems to get drunk.

Garrett from Mega64 also made the costume that they used in their official Rising video. Although it's not as polished because of time constraints I guess.

Behind the scenes for that here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmci35WlJCE

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh my goodness!

Looks like Uni-Qlo is launching a Rising line on Monday

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Chip Cheezum posted:

Kojima Productions even made a short documentary explaining what went wrong with the original game and how they decided to collaborate with Platinum Games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1BMUg4NsA

Going by the interviews with Platinum Games in this and the interviews with the staff in the Making Of documentaries for MGS2, it seems that everybody's first reaction to anything Kojima says is to assume he's joking.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Aw man, this makes me wish I could go to their NY location again just for this. If it's anything like their other designs, it's gonna be rad as hell.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Couldn't you just order whatever they make online in the US? I guess there's the possibility it would only be restricted to their physical locations but...

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Couldn't you just order whatever they make online in the US? I guess there's the possibility it would only be restricted to their physical locations but...

I didn't even notice that they actually do online orders now.

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning

I bought some uniqlo tshirts online when peace walker came out and I still wear them pretty often. Hopefully this batch will be as cool!

Reive
May 21, 2009

Speaking of shirts, there are a couple on gamestop's poweruprewards if anyone is into gift point stuff:

There are also a few keychain and dogtag things with the logo.

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

I got the Desperado and LQ-84i shirts and they were totally worth it. The LQ-84i is more grey then brown. The picture makes it look kind of brown.

wildzero
Apr 23, 2008

"My name is Dante."
"Fuck you say?"

Do the gamestop Rising shirts have any gamestop logos on them?

ed: sweet, a friend of mine's sending me one

wildzero fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2013 around 01:30

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

wildzero posted:

Do the gamestop Rising shirts have any gamestop logos on them?

Nope.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

Got it covered

Thought about holding out for a PSN release, but I gave in and pre-ordered from Amazon and shelled out for the release day shipping. All because of Platinum x Kojima awesomeness. Hoping the Grey Fox skin ends up as DLC in the future. Can't wait until Tuesday.

EDIT

Also fed my black t-shirt addiction by picking up the Desperado tee. Thanks, forgotten about GS points!

Static Rook fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2013 around 23:21

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

BANG BANG BANG BANG

http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/uq/ut/metalgear/

Here's a link to the preview page for it. Looking pretty rad.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

They don't even have the mgr logo anywhere beyond the printed tag on the inside.

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Peace Walker had its own store with some awesome and tasteful cloths including, weirdly, a leather jacket and pants. Nice to see it continue with Rising.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

AG: Flyyyyyyyy!

So, I just got my copy from my local street breaking store. I was going for the Grey Fox skin from Gamestop, but I could not hold out.

Word of warning: In the intro stage, before the demo begins, blade mode does not immediately cut dudes up except in prompts. If you tried blade mode without a full energy gauge in the demo, it is like that.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2013 around 02:35

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Watch that tongue... sticky!

Unlucky7 posted:

So, I just got my copy from my local street breaking store. I was going for the Grey Fox skin from Gamestop, but I could not hold out.

I want you to know I hate you.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Unlucky7 posted:

How does a game store get by breaking street dates these days anyway? Wouldn't their distributor just not do business with them anymore?

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

How does a game store get by breaking street dates these days anyway? Wouldn't their distributor just not do business with them anymore?

The street breaking store I go to (and got my copy at yesterday) doesn't give you a receipt if you buy it from them before the street date. As for the distributor... beats me. They've been doing this for years, apparently. Independent stores gotta stay competitive with Gamestops somehow.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Unlucky7 posted:

You lucky bastard.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Mr. Trampoline posted:

The street breaking store I go to (and got my copy at yesterday) doesn't give you a receipt if you buy it from them before the street date. As for the distributor... beats me. They've been doing this for years, apparently. Independent stores gotta stay competitive with Gamestops somehow.
Oh, so they sell it completely off the books? That's...uh, a bigger problem than just with their distributor I think.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, so they sell it completely off the books? That's...uh, a bigger problem than just with their distributor I think.

No, they probably do a bunch of "cash transactions" on the actual release date to keep everything on the up-and-up.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

AG: Flyyyyyyyy!

SpazmasterX posted:

No, they probably do a bunch of "cash transactions" on the actual release date to keep everything on the up-and-up.

Yeah, if I come back when it is actually released, I can get a receipt..

Edit: Does this talk count as ? If so I appologize.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2013 around 03:15

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

Got it covered

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah, if I come back when it is actually released, I can get a receipt..

Edit: Does this talk count as ? If so I appologize.

Nope, you bought it legitimately so you're fine. You just have to deal with insane amounts of goon envy for a few days, you lucky bastard.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I got my copy, too. None of the stores in my country care about street dates so they just started selling copies today.

Edit:

Proof, just in case.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2013 around 03:43

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Well, I've sent Konami messages via email and Twitter to get the last word on whether or not the plasma lamp has a universal power adapter. I can't believe they're not legally required to put this info wherever the thing is sold, since it's the difference between having to buy one of these:

or one of these:

Unlucky 7, Tardzilla, wish you guys had gotten LEs.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

THAT'S WHAT THE SONG WAS REALLY ABOUT

gently caress it leaked early here today as well. Why do I have so much work this week!!! I was gonna go buy it on my lunch break.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

TO VICTORY!

I wish I lived in the magical wonderland where games were released early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Galactic Punt

I just wanna cut what I will

«177 »