Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Digital-Smoke
Feb 13, 2013

SeaPowers is a game familiar and popular with some goons. Several years ago goons got involved with the game and quickly took over. Peoples boats and island's got destroyed. Boats and islands that they stupidly paid for with real money. The tears from the pubbies were epic. The thing about the game is that you do not have to play for long to become a problem for other players. So it is easy to grief people, while still growing in size and strength. Things have picked up and enough changes have been made where this would be a fun game to play again.

The games website describes the game by saying: "Sea Powers is a game of text-based naval combat, set in the Pacific theater of World War II. Create a fleet of historical warships, manage your island's economy, form alliances with other players, or fight everyone; it's your choice."

The premise of the game is you start off with an island and some ships. You have to grow your navy and your island to become stronger and richer. Capturing an island is fairly simple and can be done with just landing crafts if the island is vacant or under defended. You send your ships out to patrol and they send you a message if you've found land or ships while at sea.

The game has made some changes since some of us last played. So if your an older player it's worth checking out again. If your a newer player like I said, it doesn't take long to catch on and become competent at the game. The game is free to play and the servers just reset a month or two ago. The top alliance only has 12 members. If we put the combined might of somethingawful nothing can stop us.

Here is the game link: http://seapowers.com/index.php

and here is the alliance link the password is stairs: http://seapowers.com/alliances.php?alliance=47

Goals and things to do while playing:
Become the strongest alliance
Tax other alliances and players for the right to play
Disrupt the game for hardcore pubbies
Troll the role playing section

Just gently caress poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012
I AM A SELFISH, RETARDED DIPSHIT WHO WANTS TO TAKE HIS OWN LIFE. YOU SHOULD ENCOURAGE ME TO DO SO AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY.

Is this some sort of crossover from the TeaParty trolling thread?

Digital-Smoke
Feb 13, 2013

No, this was just a fun game everyone was involved with a few years ago. I saw they've made some major changes and figured goons would like to be re-introduced to the game after such a long time away from it. This game is major fun, and even better when your playing with people.

gannyGrabber
May 8, 2012

Curses are the crutches of inarticulate motherfuckers.

You're doing J4G backwards.

Manawski
Oct 20, 2003

HOW DO I MADE PUDDING

Can you play this in prison?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

Is this a game thread? It seems like a game thread.

Morally Inept
Mar 5, 2012

Text based? How does that work?
Is it as fun as Demon World?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

If players can't PISS I don't know if I'll play.

E: Wait! You can earn ribbons!

And they stole our emoticons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002

maybe i'm just too demanding

Digital-Smoke posted:

Just gently caress poo poo up.

OK, I'll start with this thread.