Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

bgreman posted:

This is a very finely crafted haiku.

You mean a reverse haiku?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Trails SC won't make a July release.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My half-joke prediction of August 31 is looking more and more likely.

:sigh:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I asked XSEED and they said it won't come out until no one asks when it's coming out for a week. It's hosed up and no way to run a business, but they don't care who they hurt.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Well.

Uh.

At least it's a peep.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So while SC has depressed us regarding lack of release date, Cold Steel might be going the opposite direction, because Best Buy just put it up for preorder... with a date that certainly doesn't look like a placeholder.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-playstation-3/9512028.p?id=1219704509893&skuId=9512028

11/17/2015, huh?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

So while SC has depressed us regarding lack of release date, Cold Steel might be going the opposite direction, because Best Buy just put it up for preorder... with a date that certainly doesn't look like a placeholder.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-playstation-3/9512028.p?id=1219704509893&skuId=9512028

11/17/2015, huh?

November is acceptable and plenty of time to make enough money to justify buying a PS3.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Supremezero posted:

11/17/2015, huh?

Gamestop has the same date.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel/123073

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Terper posted:

No.

The best part about Toal's path is finding out what the Roos are saying. :3:

It's funny because what the Roos say when you're under Toal's demon mode and what they're actually saying are vastly different. There is a way to translate the runic to English, and the runic dialogue was written from scratch by Tom.

It's worth the read.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The Roos' "runic language" is just ripped straight out of The Hobbit so if you have a copy of that handy you can decipher it with little difficulty. Or you could just google "Tolkien dwarf runes"

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Has there been any news about the new Ys since TGS?

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Three Cookies posted:

Has there been any news about the new Ys since TGS?

Not yet. They've mostly been hyping up Tokyo xanadu.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

The Roos' "runic language" is just ripped straight out of The Hobbit so if you have a copy of that handy you can decipher it with little difficulty. Or you could just google "Tolkien dwarf runes"

Or you could edit your save file to translate it back to English by changing a single number in a particular ini file.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Where's the fun in that, though?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

Where's the fun in that, though?

There's no fun in reading each rune out and translating it bit by bit, especially with dialogue as long as that in Ys Origin.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Slur posted:

There's no fun in reading each rune out and translating it bit by bit, especially with dialogue as long as that in Ys Origin.

ok slur

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I was seriously thinking of picking up a PS TV the other day but luckily I stopped and checked to see what Vita games it could actually play.

Is there any chance that the PS TV will be able to play Memories of Celceta? It'd probably push me over the line into getting the system...having two different Ys games I've not played on it. (Ys 7 is not enough on its own)

(The other game that PS TV doesn't play I'm very disappointed in is Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, but Konami's gonna Konami and I've given up on that)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

probably not, it's not compatible and the ps tv was a flop so falcom doesn't seem concerned with making a patch (especially since I think it's compatible in japan, just not NA)

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Patter Song posted:

I was seriously thinking of picking up a PS TV the other day but luckily I stopped and checked to see what Vita games it could actually play.

Is there any chance that the PS TV will be able to play Memories of Celceta? It'd probably push me over the line into getting the system...having two different Ys games I've not played on it. (Ys 7 is not enough on its own)

(The other game that PS TV doesn't play I'm very disappointed in is Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, but Konami's gonna Konami and I've given up on that)

Celceta was the game I bought mine for and it's still not compatible. Nearly everything else is though, so if you don't have a Vita is a cheap way to get one.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Celceta will probably never be compatible with the PSTV because of its reliance on touch stuff. They could port those functions to buttons maybe but it's as unlikely as seeing a pstv update for tearaway.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Some Numbers posted:

My half-joke prediction of August 31 is looking more and more likely.

:sigh:

At least a Steam store page would be something nice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

toddy. posted:

Celceta will probably never be compatible with the PSTV because of its reliance on touch stuff. They could port those functions to buttons maybe but it's as unlikely as seeing a pstv update for tearaway.

The Japanese version is compatible. XSEED has bugged Falcom about making it work on the western version but they're too busy or something.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
They're clearly too busy fulfilling my dream of a HD remaster of Alternative Saga and totally not crunching down on Tokyo Xanadu and Ys Hits Greece '98.

The nerve. :unsmigghh:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

toddy. posted:

They're clearly too busy fulfilling my dream of a HD remaster of Alternative Saga

Don't even say this :negative:

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Alternative Saga confirmed for EVO is my favorite inside joke and now it can be yours too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
We need Alternative Saga here in the US so that Dogi can prove he is the strongest Falcom character who has ever lived.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Apparently tancients and the other programmer working on the Zwei!!2 fan translation are finally back and maybe working on finishing the patch?

I have waited what feels like 3 years while this game has been at near completion so I will probably scream into the thread when any better news gets announced regarding the patch.

Also does anyone know how to get older Falcom titles (Zwei, Gagharv games) working correctly on Win8.1/10? AppLocale is no longer supported so I was wondering if people had an alternative, or maybe win8 just has applocale automatically built in now, I haven't fully explored it yet.

toddy. fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 27, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

a while back i was bored and did a comparison of the PSP vs PC versions of the translation of FC for the big end game scene

i was bored again, and did the same for the other scene in the game that changes the most - when Agate and Lorence fight each other after chapter 2:
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=23982

lorence comes off differently so if you only played the PSP it's worth reading.

anyway as this post is too serious for me, here is FC cast ranked according to my desire to date them (adults only!)

Agate
Cassius
Anelace
Nial
Olivier
Schera

anyone else doesn't rank.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you god damned freak

how is Cassius not first

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Cake Attack posted:

a while back i was bored and did a comparison of the PSP vs PC versions of the translation of FC for the big end game scene

i was bored again, and did the same for the other scene in the game that changes the most - when Agate and Lorence fight each other after chapter 2:
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=23982

lorence comes off differently so if you only played the PSP it's worth reading.

And also in your LP, you missed the last-minute scene in the Garden Terrace - if you go to the Queen's room, everyone is having tea and sweets.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

wait for real? i don't think ive ever seen that.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Cake Attack posted:

wait for real? i don't think ive ever seen that.

Yep. I'm surprised you didn't know about that, because by that point, shouldn't you just go everywhere possible by reflex?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488925549

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Trails on PSP or PC? I want to get the best experience.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

PC.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Azubah posted:

Trails on PSP or PC? I want to get the best experience.

PC version's just plain better in nearly every aspect. PSP version's fine, but you should only really go for it if you really want portability.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

toddy. posted:

This is untrue. In Japan, they already have a PSTV patch for Celceta which is functioning and working perfectly. What's happened is that we don't have it here stateside, and the reason behind that is because Falcom aren't pushing a patch on XSEED's behalf. According to a thread on the Marvelous USA boards (which has been updated very recently), apparently XSEED are sending out frequent e-mails asking for the patch, and Falcom have been too busy and focused on other products to get around to it. So, the patch is in purgatory of sorts.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Memories of Celceta is getting a PC release

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In China, haha

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Cake Attack posted:

In China, haha

mean :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Don't worry about it; the quality of the PC port would be questionable anyways, as Falcom isn't handling it directly.

• Locked thread