Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I've only ever played Origin and a bit of Oath. I didn't like what I played of Oath that much really. Adol is just a lot less fun to play as than Yunica and the third character (especially the third character.) Maybe I was just missing something.

Basically what I'm saying is that Falcom should make more games like Origin, I feel like that gameplay style in particular is better suited to that kind of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Though a good question is, how FAR did you play in Oath? Because the first major boss is really awful so if you quit at that point I wouldn't blame you.

Oh what really? Huh. Having watched toddy's LP of Wanderers of Ys I figured it was probably far enough in the grand scheme of things to form a reasonable opinion on whether or not I'd like the game.

With regards to Yunica, I actually wasn't quite fond of how she played using the axe. I definitely preferred how she played with the Lotusblade, which seems a bit more divorced from Adol.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Definitely Origin.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So I'm playing Origins and I'm right at the beginning as Hugo. The command for a Power Attack is Double left click + attack (z) which is pretty easy to perform on kb+mouse, but I'm trying to play on 360 gamepad and I can't get it to come out except randomly & rarely. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, as the command should be double tapping the right stick/d-pad in any direction + attacking.

Any advice?

When not using a mouse, you need to attack just after you stop from a run to do the attack.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Also be sure to play as all three characters. Especially Toal 'cause he's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hugo and Toal actually do get some unique boss fights, so playing it on Very Easy might make those a bit uninteresting.

• Locked thread