Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Hell, the only thing that carried me through the 40 or so deaths on the first boss in Felghana (I came from having beaten my first Ys game, Ys Seven and thought "I got this, let's do hard mode on this"...) was the ridiculously kickass boss theme.

/edit: better link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The leveling curve in Oath is certainly a lot smoother than in Origins. You never have to grind in Felghana to beat any bosses, provided you don't go out of your way to avoid most monsters.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That was a weird boss. I started the game on Hard on my first time (I played through Ys7 before, i can take it, right?) and proceeded to die 20 times to the first boss.

I then got to the boss Wendell mentioned and beat him on the first try. Didn't even get hit in the last phase (you know which one).

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Didn't see any beat poetry, but yeah, if you've ever honestly considered them, the suicide thoughts never ever leave you for good. The struggle just lessens, sometimes.

Good for the Drake to be able to put this all down, and out there into the public. Takes quite a bit. I hope it helps. And i hope it gets us more Falcom. :D

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just about to start on TitS, anything i should know going in? Anything missable i should be aware of? Newbie traps or anything of the sort?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Whatevs, it'll take like a week tops for some nerd to make an "un-dub" mod for the game.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Never had many problems with Chester one or two. Die 3-4 times to get a grip on all the attacks, then you just clown him by jumping away constantly until he does the forward lunge if you wanna play safe and boring. Or bait him into sword-comboing by jumping close to him, then retaliate for slightly-less safe countering. Rinse and repeat ca. 15 times.

Now Zirduros on the other hand, gently caress that guy forever. gently caress him and his ridiculous instant huge gently caress-off laser beam he likes to chain 3 times in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Re: Music

I only played Felghana kind of recently, and i recognize none of the tracks that the dude up there posted. Well, by name, anyways. I recognize "main adventure theme" as the first one mentioned, and the track Sealed Time is p. good now that i listen to it.
But really the only track i'll never forget from that game is Dark Beasts as Black as the Night.

It's been forever since i played Seven, but i remember it had a few good tracks, too. I'll have to listen to some of them again.

• Locked thread