Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The problem with Origins is that the third playable character is so much more fun than Yunica and Hugo. It's exatly like choosng your favorite out of Krillan, wizard Krillan, and Vegeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Adol is a moe element.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The best Ys Origin music is the Tension remix, and it's a shame it only plays on one boss even though it is the best boss in the game.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jenocres owns and is awesome since he's the only really defensive boss so you have to man up and jump in the middle of his statue death field.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you really have problems with tracking just use wind magic on him, I'm pretty sure he doesn't resist it like he does fire and the mobility it gives you helps.

edit: berr

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If it makes you feel any better, after this guy every boss except like one is beaten by either spamming charged fireballs at a range so you don't get murdered since you mobility sucks, or getting into melee range and using a charged fireball then running away because it's your best burst damage which is important since you don't have a lot of time to do damage because your mobility sucks.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I'm up to Pictimos now and I just realized that you don't have to pause to switch spells.

I didn't figure it out in Oath until well after the Harpies boss where you sort of want to switch your magic in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Play Oath first if you've never tried Ys before, telling somebody to start the series off as somebody who isn't Adol Christoffdenson is the most insanely hosed up thing I have ever heard and you won't appreciate anything in Origins.

• Locked thread