Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I bought Ys oath in Felghana on a whim and pretty much played every PSP release since. I tried Napishtim but the lovely port made me put it down with how god drat slow it was. 7 is my favorite so far and the sense of scale is pretty amazing for the PSP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I've been reading a lot of good things about these games, and that Gamasutra interview that was just posted is making me want to jump on these. I was going to go for Oath of Felghana first, but I prefer my action games to be more linear and focused, and people said Origins is a good entry point, so I think I'll go for that first.

The running into dudes is pretty annoying until you learn how to run into them diagonally. Some of bosses of the first game are beyond bullshit especially the last one. Oath is loving great and everyone should play it.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The bump system is definitely weird if you're coming off of the newer games but after a while it's not that bad. Best part about it is that enemies loving explode as if they've been run over by a freight train and it's hilarious once you're strong enough to one shot them. My advice is to hit enemies diagonally which makes everything 90% easier to kill.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've been trying to finish Ys II after a year of putting it down and now after endless backtracking and constantly getting lost in the Solomon shrine I'm finally getting close to the end. This game desperately needs a map or something because I've probably wasted ten hours going back and forth and not knowing where the gently caress to go in that place alone. Game is still awesome though.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I don't have a vita but I'm sure as hell buying that for the music alone.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've always wanted to see a game with old man Adol ramming through monsters like a freight train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I was taken aback when I played 6 on PSP after playing Felghana and chronicles. It's slow as balls in everything and I got super lost early on.

• Locked thread