Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looks like today's Steam sale is for Ys: Origins, for anybody that was on the fence about trying the series (or who otherwise doesn't have it yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Unmature posted:

Mine hasn't even shipped from Amazon. :f5:

Did you get a weird message from Amazon about the ship time suddenly getting changed? Because the second I asked their customer service about it, they bumped it up to day one shipping.

EDIT: Also just noticed that all three PSP Ys games are on sale on PSN for this week at $7.49.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 26, 2013

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I was one of two people who pre-ordered the collector's edition at my area. The cloth map is really sick; would have been worth the price for that doohickey alone.

Look at the back of the art book/manual/strategy guide thing and tell me you don't laugh at the headline for the last section of it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lance Streetman posted:

I've heard the PSP port was pretty bad (being Falcom's first PSP port), and had really long load times, so I'd avoid that.

That's a fuckin' understatement. Maybe I've been playing speedy games all my life, but Ys 6 on the PSP has the longest load times I've ever seen in 20+ years of playing games.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blattdorf posted:

If you somehow manage to release it before the Winter Sale, having a TiTS bundle go up on Steam's frontpage for a small discount would clinch the deal.

And then you can make the tagline "save now on a pair of sweet Tits"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Paperhouse posted:

How good is Ark of Napishtim for PSP? Apparently it's got the same engine as Origin/Oath but I don't see it talked about as much at all. I don't have the means to play the newer ones and the older ones appeal to me less.

Probably because if you're going to play it, you have to have it installed on a stick with custom firmware, because it has the worst load times of any game on the system, and may be one of the worst load times of any game (at least of any I've played).

As far as the game itself I believe the only difference is that it uses the original 2D character models instead of the 3D ones made for the PS2 release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

It's not a thread, it's the comments section for the Gurumin group. They were really weird and unspecific about it, so I just posted in three different places to be safe.

There's also the notion that Steam told people to stop giving away keys like this so who knows if they'll still honor it.

• Locked thread