Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendell
May 11, 2003

Have to agree that Yunica plays exactly like Felghana's Adol and that complaint makes zero sense.

Also that Ys 7 is a lot of fun in battles, but a little annoying in town since there's a lot of running around trying to find what will trigger the next event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Chronicles+ is a really fantastic release, and it's great to see a company go the extra mile to include as much content as they can.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

This thread inspired me to try out the Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys fan-dub, and it's surprisingly just fine! The villain in the opening movie was quite good, actually. This is a lot better than having to check a transcript on Gamefaqs whenever someone spoke.

I just wish Magic Engine hadn't stopped recognizing Daemon Tools for seemingly no reason. I'm using Ootake to emulate now, which has less of a slick presentation but works fine.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That Ys typing game looks fun in the same way Typing of the Dead was. Is there a reason it's got some hate beyond its genre?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I finished Ys VI the other day. Great fun for the most part (I loving HATED the Limewater Caves), but the climax was surprisingly sudden, and that was one of the easiest final bosses I've ever encountered.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, Mask of the Sun was the official version despite being inferior to the other in every way.

But why have Trails info? Unless you think this should transform into an everything Falcom thread.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sweet Christmas, the first boss of the last area in Oath in Felghana is hard as a rock.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Unmature posted:

I just played through Oath again like 3 months ago and forget which boss that is. Which one was it?

It's the (probably) last time you fight the evil wizard, who has just revealed herself as that nice nun.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

So the first post in this thread is the guy showing where XSeed's hint image originates from, followed by every other poster making completely random guesses that have nothing to do with anything and completely ignore his evidence. Great forum.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

SpaceDrake posted:

The OP was edited later on with the updated hint. It was just a few pixels at first.

Oh, okay.

So this is what you've been doing all this time!

Do these games have a save transfer? If they do it's probably impossible for my complete save of the first PSP game to connect to the second on Steam.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Once you're done the newly remade Ys IV, you can finally play the just released translation of Ys V on SNES! http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=ys5

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I like what little I've played of it but the "you have to use a guide or talk to literally every NPC in the game" thing is turning me off playing more of it, at least until the second part comes out.

Why does the sequel coming out change this anyway?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Brandish is loving unplayable. You really have to fight with the game to try and enjoy it, but it's a losing battle.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, I don't know anything about the PSP one except that it's Japan only.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Zaggitz posted:

Finished Chapter 1, Olivier owns.

Olivier is the best character in the game and the fact that the other characters are always like, "Ugh, it's Olivier," is amazingly tonedeaf of the writer.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Heavy neutrino posted:

Hello Japan it's the rest of the world, I like my pc a lot in fact I'm calling you from my pc, which I also use to play video games.

You can print money if you just give a poo poo about pc

please do it

Hello World, it's Japan! We are grateful for your input and will happily make more games for phones as requested.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Do what I did. Keep frequent saves (you get 1000 slots), and follow along with Cake Attack's LP so if you miss some stuff you can go back and get it with little fuss.

Yes, this sounds like the ideal way to play a video game for the first time.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Nah, I think I've told you enough about that.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Gurumin has such fantastic visual style, character designs and premise that I'm amazed it isn't a children's cartoon already. Game is cute and nice, and has an expressionless monster friend that loves to hip-hop dance.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm really confused at this point with what games I should play in the Trails series in which order actually. I would rather play them on Vita.

Well, there is exactly one Trails game out right now so the choice is not a difficult one.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

You missed a Tales game on the Vita!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It won't be worse.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

But what if I want to call them stupid?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

So did he just make the script up then?!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Black Stones posted:

So I have a question: I played the game on Psp and would like to carry over my data (if that's possible) but I would like to play it on my Vita instead. Can I put Psp save data on my vita and have the digital game recognize it, or do I have to buy the game on PSP if I want anything to carry over?

Here, this is how to do it without a PS3 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/61972558

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

I forgot all about Brandish, was that any good? I own pretty much every other Falcom game available in English, so.
E: I mean the PSP remake specifically

Yeah, it's a good puzzley dungeon crawler. Lots of devious difficulty due to its heritage as an older game. The camera rotation gimmick is still baffling to me though, and is only a detriment in my eyes. If you aren't aware, the world rotates instead of your character rotating.

• Locked thread