Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

SpaceDrake posted:

No native PC version exists and the game, as is, would look like rear end on a PC.

I thought it got a Chinese PC release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

gschmidl posted:

Apparently that version is both pretty bad and stacked to the gills with malware-like DRM.

I doubt the DRM would be an issue if it got brought over, but what else makes it bad?

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Ryuga Death posted:

I got Ys Origin from a recent daily deal. It's really fun! Love doing the lunge attack and the bosses are really fun, if a bit frustrating at first. If I like Ys Origin, which of the other Ys games should I get?

The most obvious leap from there is Oath in Felghana, which is built on the same engine.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Ryuga Death posted:

So Ys I&II's gameplay is just bump into enemies? So any damage you do/take is just random?

It depends on the angle you attack from. Head-on will hurt both of you, any other angle will hurt the enemy only.

• Locked thread