Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

That mediocre reveal video posted:

...if you fail, the last light of civilzation of civilization will go out.

Really? What about all the other dudes we'll presumably be shooting? Those giant rhino dudes seem pretty cool to me. Why can't I play as them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Funkmaster General posted:

Anyone else feel like the "stumbling across other players" thing sounds less like an MMO and more like Dark Souls? In that game you would find other players wandering around, too, but they were incorporeal ghosts. This seems like the next logical step of that. I'm actually really excited to see that happening.

edit: Another example: Journey.

Doesn't PSO2 (this whole things seems very PSO like) already do that?

I think you run into a transition area between level sections, and automatically get linked with another party. The two parties complete that section and then break up on the next transition. I've only been paying a little attention while the game slowly makes it's way stateside.

• Locked thread