Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
As somebody who has never been big into FPS or MMOs, this game is great. I just wish the level cap for alpha wasn't 8, cause there's so many cool weapons/armors I want to use. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So I just pre-ordered the game on PSN. Am I supposed to get a code to get access to the beta or have they not actually sent those out yet?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I really hope that these connection issues get fixed by the time the game comes out. Twice now i've been in a fireteam with goons and I get booted back to the title screen cause I lost connection to the servers.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

PantsBandit posted:

They're just insecure because Hunters are clearly the coolest class :smug:

You loving wish. Warlock supremacy. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Creepy Goat posted:

Wait, what class do I choose if I use a $2000 Mac to check facebook & do buzzfeed quizzes?

...and here I thought I was the weird one for being a Warlock who uses Windows. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

Well... now what do we do?

Play other games, and hope that the beta servers are more stable. I enjoyed the alpha, but getting kicked out of the game was getting really annoying.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

madsushi posted:

If y'all want to make an SA/Goon group, you can make it on Bungie.net right now, and it will carry over into the live game. You can be a member of multiple groups, and can choose one group as your 'clan' that will be your tag in-game.

SA Goons already exists.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Judakel posted:

What is the general opinion of what people have played? Good? Bad? Mediocre?

Very impressive. Most people (myself included) were ready to write this game off as some uninspired off-brand BorderHalo. As it turns out, the game shows a lot of polish and has converted a lot of haters.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

StoicFnord posted:

I have a spare beta code if anyone wants it.

I'll take it and pass it forward when I eventually get mine.

Edit: Thanks. :)

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 18, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I also applied. PSN = SA name.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SunAndSpring posted:

At least Bungie knows how to laugh at themselves. Still dunno why Peter Dinklage's voice acting is so flat. Is it just placeholder lines he recorded?

Pretty sure they intend to filter his voice with "robot". Alpha just didn't have it implemented.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Edit: wrong thread

I guess to throw in something worthwhile, is everyone intending to stick with their alpha class for the beta? Warlock forever. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

neonbregna posted:

What is the nerd consensus on which platform to get this on the XBone or the PS4?

PS4, if only because it's the better console.

Also because we already have a pretty hefty SA clan up and running for the game, and i'm pretty sure all of them are PS4 users.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Edit: Dammit. Sorry.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

At 2% completed. When does the beta end? Will I get to play before then?

It'll end on the 27th.

• Locked thread