Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I was way too excited for this when it was announced and I am way too excited for this now. Can't wait for them to reveal the other races and classes but as it is it looks amazing and I am just too hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

You can also see what I assume are female Draken in the Dominion reveal video I think it is?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Teerack posted:

You mean the main one on the pile? Cause that was a male

What? No. There are two on either side and I think a 3rd laying on a rug when it pans further left.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 19, 2013

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I think it was just a general newsletter. I got one on Feb. 8th. It has a link to the "Pre-Beta Survey" and says:

quote:

You signed up for the beta, and Carbine is about to call you up for active duty!

Want to improve your chances to get invited to beta? Take our Pre-beta survey!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

As far as random grouping goes Guild Wars 2 has definitely been my favorite implementation so far. That is to say actually being in a group is all but an unnecessary formality most of the time.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Pawl posted:

Looks sort of like a female draken?

We've already learned that the last two races are furry gremlin things (Dominion) and undead zombie/robot things (Exile).

I thought in the AMA thing they said people who believed the zombie things were a player race would be disappointed? Unless they were just trying to throw off suspicion or something.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

From what they've said I believe the raids really are supposed to only be for the hardcore but they're planning on having all sorts of other content for people who don't want to/can't raid.

So if everything goes as they plan the more casual players won't be "Funding the hardcore endgame for the 1%".

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

I think the biggest thing that's confusing me is why people are assuming you don't get regular exp from path activities in addition to path exp from path activities. One of the main Soldier activities is doing one of the "Defeat x Waves" events right? So you're just killing enemies who presumably give experience (And your non-Soldier buddies can join in on.) and probably only get the path exp if you're successful.

I don't think they're "extra" either, though. From what it sounds like to me anyway the "Path" quests are just quests tuned to the style of play you want to go with with a little bit extra goodies specific to that style of play to show off with. They've said everyone will get to dabble in all the types of the content (So non-soldiers will probably find a quest every now and then for a holdout type event as well) but this way you can kind of customize what you want to focus on more.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 31, 2013

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Bashez posted:

I've definitely learned my lesson to never bring this up again though, god drat.

I think the main lesson here is that while the genre seems to have evolved you have not. When the devs mention "The Holy Trinity" it is safe to assume they mean Tank/Heal/DPS.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

From what I remember reading they've actually said they have no current plans for a cash shop, but if they did ever add one it'd be for cosmetic stuff only.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

killingtime posted:

Life's pretty hard I guess :)

It sure is. But this isn't life, this is a video game. You should probably learn the distinction sooner rather than later. :v:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Kaizer88 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlPddul-qw

Youtube link wildstar flick about warplots.

Definitely looks pretty cool. Reminds me a lot of CoH super group bases. I imagine the actual customization won't be quite as high but actually being able to fight other bases should make up for it.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

It's a temporary buff, which is a shame because you get to wear a cool robo suit.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

al-azad posted:

Wildstar is the only MMO I'm kind of interested in dropping $60 on but I don't know about the settler path, I didn't expect to be dropping in minor improvements at fixed locations that don't seem to do anything.

There are larger things they can build as well. I think it was the second Cassian zone but I was able to build a huge arena that started a fighting event which was pretty cool. It took a lot of work by myself but if there were several Settlers in the area it'd go pretty fast.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Huh. He really seems to get around. I met him at E3 in 2010 when he was working for NetDevil with Jumpgate Evolution. Then he popped up as the Old Republic CM and then WildStar. :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Pryce posted:

This industry moves fast. (PS, that's me, by the way.)

Been a pleasure answering questions and watching 40-man raid argument go in circles here the last few years. I'll still be around these forums, of course, but now I'll be on the other side debating flying mounts and attunements right with you guys.

Huh, cool. Hope whatever is going on works out for you.

• Locked thread