Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Almost all mmorpgs that Ive tried, even if they were bad, which most were, were good for the first one or two months. Everything is fresh, tons of people everywhere, you're just learning and exploring everything. In fact I cannot name one that Ive tried that I hated the first few months. Its when you start nearing that end game where you realize, do I wanna play this any longer?

That being said Ill gladly pay the entrance fee to a mew mmorpg experience.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
This to me is just another questgrind WoW clone that even ripped off WoWs art style but now with houses. Absolutely not interested in this game. In fact im more interested in Defiance, despite the negative crap Ive been reading about it.

Im sure if polished enough and finished this will attract tons of WoW players. But im not even sure that WoW players today waht to play through another WoW but in a different setting.

The combat also looks like a rip off from TSW, only 9 usable skills and the mobs telegraphing their special attacks so you have to get out of the red circle. BORING!

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
How bout the mobs telegraphing the special attacks so you can "dodge" them. Its the same as TSW.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Pretty sure they specifically said that the tells get less and less obvious as the mobs get tougher. Not every player is as pro as you, if a game wants to bring in a lot of people, then they need to make it fairly easy at the start and gradually ramp it up.

Either way, my point still stands. Looks bland and boring to me. The entire questgrind alone puts me off in a major way. I dont think that I could go through another game leveling through meaningless fetch and kill quests.

Never played GW2 but from the sounds of it, that game never really saw its true potential either.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Grimby posted:

How would you prefer to level, other than questing?

Public events, dynamic events (Rift outpost invasions but that actually worked for example), massive dangerous social dungeons like EQ had, "Epic" type quests, even some camping, AO's random generated missions, group or solo, is all better than running around collecting bear asses for some meaningless reward you will replace in 1-2 levels. Sorry but any game that takes WoW questing as their main leveling idea is already fail IMO.

Besides Im not a game designer, the people which are paid to do this for a living can come up with new unique and fun ways to level up, rather than just tossing in some fetch quests while hand holding the player from one quest outpost to another. Its a cop out by now, being lazy. How can anyone stand this type of game play anymore is beyond me. Essentially the last 6 yrs of mmorpgs gave us nothing but the same, are you not tired of this yet? Dont you want something new, fresh?

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Carbon Deity posted:

Welp, this guy's loss is our gain.

Screenshots of various things.

Wow, what a blatant wow ripoff is my first impression looking at those screens.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Korlac posted:

Yes, I'm glad we're finally moving away from the industry standards of Strength/Dex/Int, etc...

Renaming things does not make them fresh. Just a new coat of paint on old rusted crap.

Evil Sagan posted:

As long as the combat is sufficiently engaging, it can "rip off" WoW as much as Carbine wants for all I care. I'm already sold on the style... I just hope the game is fun.

So you are content with just another wow clone? Sorry, but If I want to play wow, Ill play the real thing, not some cheap knockoff. We already have enough wow clones.

We need some fresh ideas and a bit of genre moving innovation, rather than stagnating yet again with another gear grind treadmill. This does not excite me at all.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 1, 2013

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Waterbed posted:

It seems like a strange thing to complain about. At the very least, it's nice :)

No I think its strange thing to be all excited about, thats all.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Asema posted:

Here is the thing and I'll focus more on FF14. Bad players won't take the time to learn the system and will look to complain about something as to explain why they are bad. With FF14 you could tell if you were safely out of an AoE or telegraph attack by seeing where you were when the enemy castbar finished. If you were out of the circle when the cast bar completed, you never got hit. If you were in it when it completed, but got out when the red circle went away you still got hit.

Bullshit, they might of fixed it by now but that was broke as gently caress when I payed it when it re-released. There was tons of videos showing how this poo poo was broken. Dont blame the players, blame the game.

And even if what you said above is true (and its not) it was still broke as gently caress because why put big rear end red blotches on the ground to get out of if they were not synced up with the mobs cast bar. So it was still broken, right?

Peechka fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So it was the players fault, again. Got ya. Look, Im not gonna argue with you because I dont give a poo poo anymore. I have not played that game since release but you are wrong about blaming players for what was an inherent flaw with the game.

• Locked thread