Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Logan White

zachol fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Yes please Monster Teen Drama Bullshit thank you yes good.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

nvm

zachol fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 18, 2013

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

e: Yeah it's not actually in the skin information bits when you look at the long-form pdf.

Also I don't think I actually like Logan very much. Hmm. I think I'll see what other people make and then do something else.

zachol fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Feb 18, 2013

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Alright take two.

Karen O'Shea

"Brains... braiinsss... braiahahahah gotcha! Hahahaha. Seriously though, got some food?"

Karen died like five years ago. She's not sure why she's up walking again, and she's smart enough to know she should be way more rotted and horrible. She doesn't understand why she heals when she's not looking. She doesn't really know why nobody's paid attention, either. She doesn't know what she should be doing, whether she should be figuring this out or something.
There's one thing she does know, and that's the hunger.

Fear. She downplays it in public, works the uncertainty, the confusion, because she likes being... well, not "alive," but moving at least, again, likes having her life sort of back. Likes everyone looking at her like she's normal. But that creeping feeling in the back of your head? That feeling like something's wrapping its long fingers around your neck, breathing down your spine, the feeling like everything's about to go wrong? She doesn't just like that, she loves it. Loves tasting it. She doesn't know why, or how she can, but it's the best thing she's ever had.

Also she lost like a billion pounds. Bahahahah. This is pretty awesome.

"Wh... no, it's a costume. With makeup and stuff? Yeah I know Halloween's not for three months. Jeez, don't be such a grump."

quote:

Karen O'Shea
The Ghoul

Thin look, quiet eyes, resurrected origin

Hot -1
Cold +2
Volatile +1
Dark -1

The Hunger: Fear - When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a feeding opportunity, roll to hold steady.

Disaffected - When you turn someone on, roll +cold.

Short Rest for the Wicked - When you die, wait it out. Some hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Sex Move - When you have sex with someone, add "having sex with [this person]" as an additional Hunger. If you already have this Hunger, mark experience.

Darkest Self - Nightmare time. No jokes, no pranks, just good old fashioned blind terror, until it all peters out, or someone keeps you in the light for a good while, thirty minutes plus.

Karen loves the cemetery ha ha just kidding gently caress that place. Waking up sucked, the only thing that's really sucked so far. No, she likes the woods. People go camping in the woods, still, for whatever stupid reason, and there are enough rumors and legends in Moreau that she can get all kinds of rises out them.
Also her house. Why's it abandoned? For like... well, five years. She's been fixing it up. She liked this house.

poo poo, where's Mom and Dad, anyway? Nobody knows. Every time she says "Karen O'Shea" or asks about "Will and Hailey" she gets blank stares.
Guh. Creepy. Are her memories even right? They're so clear. She really wants to find them. Not sure what she'd even say, though. She should figure this out first.

Karen is pretty jazzed about this undead thing. Sort of. Like, she doesn't "eat the flesh of the living" and blahbity-blah, it's not that, but she still sometimes creeps herself out, like she really should feel more guilty about it or something. Like, weirded out that you're not weirded out by something, by how easily you accept it?
Does that even make sense?
Also sometimes... no, a lot of times, she grins or laughs or something, and then her mood snaps back like a rubber band. Just flat. That's weird, isn't it?

zachol fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 18, 2013

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Karen, you've got a Hunger, I know, I know. What about normal hunger? Do you still eat muggle food?

Sometimes, for fun. She can eat as much as she wants and not get fat, which is sort of neat. But no, she doesn't have to. She doesn't have to breathe or drink, for that matter, it's all just habit and comfort.

quote:

Also, did anybody recognize you after you came back?

It's really weird. Sometimes people will say "Oh, hi Karen" like it's normal. Sometimes people will say "Karen O'Shea... strange, there was a Karen O'Shea around here five years ago, she died." Nobody really recognizes her, though, and it's all passing acquaintances, old people on the block who stop and look at her and shake their heads mumbling.
Anytime she gets close to someone who actually knew her, she gets confusion, or blank stares, or the person just... isn't there. Nobody has any records of her parents. Everyone ignores the house, her parent's house, and none of the neighbors really respond to her asking about it, just sort of evade the question.
Except then randomly they say stuff like "it's so nice to have you back, fixing the place up."

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Logan could make sense as an NPC, yeah. He's really easy to play, just have him snap at everyone and hide in the corner.
Also at some point in the vague future he gets eerily calm and relaxed and goes on a murderous rampage.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Karen, how did you find out that you can't re-die? Was it an accident or did somebody try to kill you?

Ha ha, it was pretty nuts. Early on, maybe a week after I'd woken up. So I'm walking at night, feeling pretty bummed out because I still hadn't figured out this whole "being dead" thing and I was just constantly hungry, not really paying attention to where I'm going, cross the street, and guess what?

Get hit by a semi truck. Splattered all over the road.

I wake up in a ditch, maybe a hundred feet away from where I figure I got hit, my clothes in tatters, feeling fine. Well, still hungry, but fine. It was early morning, a while after I got hit. I wake up again because there are these two guys standing over me, one's got a stick he's poking me with, trying to figure out what the deal is.
So, I wake up, open my eyes, then start getting up, and the two guys poo poo bricks, and that's when I realize, "oh my gosh, fear tastes delicious." Like, I could finally pick out that wonderful taste I'd been getting whiffs of for a week, and I can tell it's from these guys, from their sheer terror from this apparently dead girl that just sat up and started groaning.
So, I grin for a split-second, then start playing it up, moaning and groaning like a zombie, while the two guys scream and run away and leave this big fat load of terror hanging in the air. I stand there for a bit, breathing it in, then shuffle off back home to change my clothes.

quote:

Do you remember anything about the first time you died?

Not a thing! My memories when I woke up were all blurry, like memories you have of stuff that happened years ago, with no clear endpoint. Like, I've got a handful of memories from sort of late on, but I can't really identify which one's the latest and they're all really boring, just going to school and stuff.
I have no idea how I died. When I woke up, there weren't any injuries or anything, it was like I'd just fallen asleep one day, then woken up five years later in a coffin.
In a coffin under like four feet of dirt.
In the dark.
No idea what was going on.

Man waking up sucked. Have I mentioned that?

zachol fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 19, 2013

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Karen, terror is one thing, but have you been experimenting with other kinds of fear? There's all kinds, you know. Protracted gut-clenching suspenseful fear, hopeless/helpless fear, more adult fears like financial situations and the security of your children...

Terror is like sugar. It's intense and wonderful. Her tastes are developing, though, and she's moving away from just the shocks. Quite often she'll stalk someone, and simply the action of stalking them and not being too careful makes enough slight rustling and other signs that they pick up on, get nervous about. Like a slow cooker.
She hasn't considered adult fears. She knows a lot of the teachers have... interesting sorts of tastes about them, and probably after some contemplation she'd realize why, maybe connecting it to rumors about how their personal lives are going, but at the moment it's not overt.
Part of what Karen prides herself on, what lets her say to herself that she's still human, is that she really tries not to cause long-term damage. Pranks are perfect because they have sensible explanations and are usually pretty low impact, and because a few seconds of terror are usually all she wants or needs. Lasting physical harm bothers her, lasting psychological harm only a little less (she'd never want to actually traumatize someone). The idea of feeding off of something like a person's fears about divorce or financial troubles would make her feel pretty guilty.

quote:

And frankly, people are starting to look at you really weird. The weird semi-malicious pranks are forming a pattern. It's not obviously you every time, but... You're getting a reputation. How do you feel about this?

Honestly fine. Some people think she's creepy. Great! She can hang out around them and sort of graze on their mild insecurities and unease. Her emotions are pretty dead, and a lot of her attachments to real people are focused around habits and rationalizations. She doesn't exactly have friends, and doesn't mind. The normality of living at school is enough to make her happy, and people feeling uneasy around her doesn't bother her.
If anything, hanging around and just being sort of creepy, only occasionally getting a rush from some prank, seems to her like a fine way to live.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Karen, you seem to be pretty well-adjusted to being dead, or undead, or whatever it is you are. Are there any serious downsides you've found yet? Anything bothering you, problems that won't go away because they're baked into whatever you are now?

Okay, first just to be clear, I love this. I am loving overjoyed. As far as I can tell, I am 100% immortal, persist until the end of days sort of deal, or as close as I'd imagine anyone could get. Even, like, vampires can die from stakes and stuff, right? I've gotten a second chance, and even if I don't have overt neat-o powers it's still great.

Now, that said, the hunger is a problem. A big problem. It's actually really cool that I go to school every day, because there's, like, fear. Everywhere. The vast majority of the students are all afraid of something, and it's really easy to push buttons in little ways. I know people are suspicious of me, but only for, like, the obviously pranky pranks. They have no idea how much poo poo I just sort of nudge one way or another to make things worse, make lives a little more stressful and a little more dangerous. Make everyone a little more anxious. But... well, I don't think I'll be able to come here forever, and I'm not sure what I'll do later. College? What about after that? People really don't seem to notice a lot of things about me, and I figure I could end up like some crazy old cat lady whose house everyone's terrified of but where nobody questions how I've lived there for a while, but... eh. I dunno, I don't think that would work long term. I hope it wouldn't work long term.
And... it's like... like being a vegan. I mean no offense to vegans, and I know "proper" vegans can make it work if they're really careful, but in general if you don't know what you're doing eating nothing but veggies is a bad idea, no matter how much it fills you up. Or eating nothing but pop and snacks, or living off of tic tacs or whatever. I get hungry. Hungry for the real poo poo, hungry for people who are pretty much off the deep end.

So, the deal is that mortal terror is really the best. Always gets me. Someone who thinks they're about to die? Seriously thinks that, going into full panic? Man is it wonderful. Mmm! But that doesn't bother me much. I've gotten over it. It's fun, almost, a sort of game. No, what really bothers me?
I'm starting to give some serious thought to this: it's a lot easier to make someone think they're about to die by actually going through with it, instead of just staging it. Giving it a lot of thought. It's making more and more sense every day.

zachol fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Don't know about Eagleton but there's one over in Griffin.

• Locked thread