Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Some new polling from PPP regarding the upcoming Senate race in Georgia.

quote:

PPP looked at match ups involving 5 Republicans (Paul Broun, Phil Gingrey, Karen Handel, Jack Kingston and Tom Price) and 3 Democrats (John Barrow, Jason Carter, and Max Cleland). Cleland is the only person in the whole bunch who has more than 50% statewide name recognition, with 48% of voters rating him favorably to 29% with an unfavorable view.

Barrow did better than Carter, but former Senator Cleland bested both. Barrow is actually my representative and epitomizes the blue dog Democrat. I doubt that he will attempt a go at the seat. I find it surprising they didn't throw Kasim Reed's name out there. What is pretty humorous about the results is how poorly the respective republican candidates are received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Joementum posted:

There are going to be seven GA GOP Senate primary debates between Paul "lies straight from the pit of hell" Broun, Art Gardner, Phil "maybe Todd Akin was right" Gingrey, Derrick Grayson, Karen "drummed out of Komen" Handel, Jack Kingston, David Perdue, and Eugene Yu.

Whether these will be Lincoln-Douglas debates and whether there will be a timekeeper but no moderator is unclear at this time.

What are the chances of something like this being open to the public? I'm not too far away from a couple of the locations.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

So Paul Broun is having a town hall event in Gwinnett County next Monday. It's only 15 mins from my house, might be an interesting way to spend my day off.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

WS6 97 posted:

This, right here is what I'm talking about. I voted for Gore and Obama. I'm a life member of the NRA and 2nd amendment foundation, and a union member raised in a Straight D ticket household.

You would rather have healthcare or pass a bullshit law about guns that isn't enforceable?
Paid maternity leave vs law about guns that isn't enforceable?

Keep thinking that and I'll keep pulling (R) in every election

It's cool that you care more about your toys than healthcare or paid maternity leave. Way to stick it to pregnant woman.

• Locked thread