Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

quote:

We spoke to Schweitzer on Wednesday and he said, "I am not goofy enough to be in the House, and I'm not senile enough to be in the Senate."
That's a pretty fantastic quote. I wouldn't mind him being Secretary of Energy, but that seems like it would put a huge damper on any possibility of him being a candidate in 2016. It's way too early to announce that he's running as well, even if it's just the "forming an exploratory committee" type thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

FlamingLiberal posted:

As a Floridian you are correct. The state Democratic Party has been a joke for going on 20 or so years now. The main problem they have is that they never get good candidates to run for major office. I still think even if Crist is implicated in the Greer scandal (which is uncertain to stick, considering Greer isn't a trustworthy person), Scott is so horribly unpopular here that it won't matter. I just hope that the party doesn't flinch and nominate Alex Sink for a rematch again.
Yeah I think Crist still might have a better shot, because even if there's really nasty stuff in that book...it's still Florida. Crist is still seen as a decent governor from everything I've seen.

Sink might have a better shot down here if she added an extra "k" in her name and just ran on that. :haw:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Wow, between Leathers, Weiner, and every other name involved in this, there's an amazing headline out there for some reporter to come up with.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

amanasleep posted:

This is definitely a more convincing argument. If he's truly just an ineffective bomb-thrower he should simply get a show on MSNBC and be done with it.

It could be called...the Danger Zone.

Also seriously, with a madam running against a former client, what the heck is going on up there in New York? I'm just trying to think up what the next political news item to come out of there will be and it's getting increasingly hard to find sillier things.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Mr. Boogie posted:

How on Earth can you answer that question with anything other than "No, absolutely not," unless you're pretty sure someone is going to come out and reveal that you were literally sexting people during the press conference.
At this point, I don't think I'd put it past him.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Joementum posted:

Only Lucas Baiano could make a BBQ look like a fight between the forces of light and darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB41EISrpHQ

#GameOn
I suspect a lot of ad money went into hiring extras, because I refuse to believe that there are that many people that get excited about Mitch McConnell.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

ReindeerF posted:

The ironic part being that the poors just do cockfighting anyway, or at least did where I grew up, while if you banned horseracing it would just be too blatant to sneak around doing. You'd have to go to a track in a foreign country (or maybe BIA governed territories, I dunno). For cockfighting, though, you don't need much! Just a ring and an enclosure and some ornery roosters. Oh yeah, cheap hooch and someone to hold the money.

now I'm imagining an underground horse racing ring. Old white guys sneaking out at midnight to derby tracks, hushed bets, thoroughbred horse trailers making bootlegger-like runs...

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

duz posted:

I hope the Senate ends up 50-50 so we get to see a lot more of Diamond Joe :allears:

This is my favorite scenario.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

What a time to be alive.

Ballz posted:

If the Dems had put up a halfway decent candidate, there MIGHT have been a chance. Instead, Brat's going up against a pirate who writes vampire novels.
Hey, if this were a few years ago that might work in his favor, between the popularity of Twilight and Pirates of the Caribbean!

Chokes McGee posted:

Given the choice between Ayn Rand and Anne Rice, the only sensible option is :suicide:.

Coming soon: libertarian vampires! I think there's a niche for this.
Possible novel titles:
"Bite Marx"
"We the Unliving"
"Interview with the Free Market"

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Franco Potente posted:

This will never not be hilarious. I wonder which New England state ex-Senator Barncoat is going to hop in his truck and hit up next. :allears:
Can we get InTrade to give us some betting lines? My money's on Connecticut!

Quick, someone mock up a Wheel of Fortune gif with state names on the slices.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Alter Ego posted:

I thought Bob Kerrey was from Nebraska.

Someone forgot about Noted War Criminal Alan West (lucky you)!

Amused to Death posted:

The sales tax is also regressive so raising is aside from being bad politically also kind of shits on the poor.

Feature, not a bug.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Gyges posted:

Alan West has not been elected to state wide office.
I assumed we were including congresscritters too. I mean, if we're gonna get into the giant clusterfuck of corruption that is Tallahassee, we'll be here all day.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

pangstrom posted:

I'm late on this but I dated a 2nd generation Korean whose parents told her not to wear bright colors, especially not bright red, because it would attract black fish people.
Attracted by bright red? Must be something in their Blood.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Party Plane Jones posted:

Florida is spending as much as 6 billion(!) dollars to roll out toll lanes across the state by 2021. :stare:

http://fcir.org/2014/09/14/floridas-toll-lane-boom/

I wouldn't be surprised if that got brought up at some point during the election.
These things are really goddamn annoying. They switched two of the lanes on 95 over to them a few years ago down here in Miami and I swear it just made traffic worse.

I don't think anyone even likes them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Luigi Thirty posted:

You know that Democrat youth vote that's so important? They all voted libertarian because Crist and Scott are both turds.

Also us Floridians are real dumb and have to occasionally remind the rest of the country of that.

• Locked thread