Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
IGN did a full hour of gameplay while a live audience watched (it actually crashes in the first 3 minutes and they had to reload the game). They also take a bunch of questions from the audience at the end. The gameplay looks solid enough, though I really don't care for QTEs in any game ever.

I don't really think there's any chance of it being an A:CM situation at this point. We've seen plenty of examples of what we're going to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Speedball posted:

These days I have to limit myself to rentals rather than purchases (the aforementioned Aliens Colonial Marines means I can't ever trust sixty bucks to a preorder ever again) but I think this will certainly be worth the rental.

I'm getting a sort of tangential Far Cry 3 vibe from this, from the gathering-stuff scenes. There it was mostly for one-time upgrades or chems, here it looks more involved.

Yeah, I basically hope it's Far Cry 3 but with better and more diverse areas to explore, and some cool platforming. Shooting dudes is A-OK with me, as long as it means getting to find secrets.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Yeah, guess I didn't expect the new hair tech to work quite as well as they said it would, but it definitely shows promise.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Okay, the hair effects are really, really cool. In areas without wind Lara's hair seems to not have enough weight, but if there's wind around it looks amazing. Really impressive, and I cant wait to see them improve upon it and to see more games with hair like it.

The gameplay is pretty fun, though I'm not far in.

• Locked thread