Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I gotta say, the bold move of lifting the press embargo weeks before the release date was part of the reason I just preordered. Well, that and the fact that the reviewers actually seem to like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
But it's Nixxes who's doing the port, so I assume it will be a great port, just like DXHR and Hitman Absolution (Even though the game wasn't that good, the port was excellent).

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

miscellaneous14 posted:

FWIW, when I worked a contract at a game company releasing somewhat of a high-profile title, they said something to the extent of "any reviews below 8 or 9 aren't allowed to be put up early".

I know most people just don't like Yahtzee, but this is something I notice a lot in regards to his reviews. People will flip out if they have to hear anything from him that's even slightly besmirching their favorite game.

As others have said, I'm waiting for the general goon opinion on this, and will probably pick it up later if it turns out to be any good.

What game was it that you worked on? Also, I don't know why they weren't called out on that, because at least one of the more reputable game sites would raise quite a stink about it if they weren't allowed to give their honest opinion.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
drat, how long has the Survival Edition been up? I totally missed that when preordering.

Now, to see if Steam Support will allow me to upgrade my preorder..

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
What the gently caress am I supposed to do in the choke QTE? I have pressed mouse buttons, WASD, E, and none of them work.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Weissritter posted:

'F', I think.

Thanks, that worked. Would it have killed them to include the letters of the keys instead of some arbitrary symbol?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Is there any obvious point of no return where you can't go back to collect the stuff you missed?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Just finished, and I really liked it. Wish the game was a bit less linear, though.

Also, those challenges that don't show up on the map are pure bullshit. Example: (slight equipment spoiler?) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130983636 - that poster eluded me for like half an hour.

Of course, it's my own drat fault since they are entirely optional.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

mmtt posted:

Just finished the game. I really liked it. You could tell that Lara was feeling more confident and badass at the end.
Here I took a few screenshots of the game, nothing too spoilery I think.

I found it interesting that they actually had a mirror in-game, because a lot of game engines these days don't bother to support it. Then again, it is also the only mirror I've seen in the game, so maybe they just cheated a bit in that spot.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Axel Serenity posted:

For those who got the Lost Adventurer DLC, is there a certain time to go and do it or can you pretty much go straight in when it's discovered? Really, I guess that question can apply to any of the side tombs. Wasn't sure if some required mandatory upgrades to complete or not.

I think you need all the upgrades, I at least got a prompt that I didn't have one upgrade when I entered about mid-game.

Speaking of which, is there any way to destroy the thorny weed walls you see now and then? They seem like something that might be removable with an upgrade, but I ended the game and didn't get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Looked more like some molecule diagram to me. Probably something stupid like caffeine or a drug.

• Locked thread