Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Haha great description of the movie. I enjoyed it, as I seem to always enjoy documentaries that make me red with anger. I guess I like torture? My favorite line in the movie was when Jackie said something like "You hear rags to riches stories, well we are a riches to rags story" meanwhile they still live in a mansion and shop like theres no tomorrow. And my god I can only imagine how tacky that "Versaille" mansion would have been had it been completed. Just the gently caress that they gave the house a name shows how unclassy these people are.

Also, David Siegel is the CEO that threatened his employees with termination if Obama won the 2012 election. Although I think he backtracked on that afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

vorpal posted:

I never managed to feel sorry for them. Absolutely nothing sank in and there were constant comments blaming "the bankers" for their situation, when they had been doing the exact same thing to the people they sold timeshares to. They don't "see things our way." The entire film was dripping with irony. I was either laughing or disgusted throughout.

David believes he deserves to be a king. He doesn't relate himself to you or any other average person, and I didn't see a speck of humility at the end. He just becomes bitter and lashes out at his family. It's obvious he doesn't care for them in the slightest. They were just props to project his self-image into the world. When his house is no longer full of Miss Americas and celebrities, his "happy" family is just a drain on his precious finances. There's no one left to show off to. Just piles and piles of dog poo poo and a wife who belongs on Hoarders.

Definitely no reason to feel sorry for that pathetic excuse of a man. One scene in particular that perfectly illustrates what a scumbag he is, is when he locks himself in one of the rooms to do paperwork and his wife comes in to talk to him. Of course he completely blows her off. Then one of his daughters comes in just to tell him that she loves him and he blows HER off too! And why is he so mad at everyone? Because they left some lights on. Like thats really going to make a dent in probably 5000 a month electric bill. And you know how many men out there feel wealthy simply because they have a family that loves them? And this guy, this multi millionaire if not still a billionaire at that point, can barely tolerate their presence. Its sickening.