Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Travel is common for Qiu and his daughter. They need to travel often, for the dictates of Qiu's training. Mitsuishi Mura is in danger - and that puts it on their itinerary. Where there is danger, heroes can be found. And where heroes can be found, Qiu must be to train them.

"Come, Jiao. We must see if anyone will lend us a bad. If they will not, we'll have to set about making one."

The girl following the old man sighs, shaking her head. She looks down at her dusty dress, once brightly colored. It has long since faded.

"I really hope we don't have to do that."

"Shhh. The Tao provides to those who are in need. We must simply find where we are needed."

pre:
Qiu

Order: Order of Heroes
Devotion: Shintao
Insight: 166
Experience: 122 (13 unspent)

Honor: 5.5
Glory: 0.3
Infamy: 0
Taint: 0

Air 3		Earth 2
Ref: 3	Awa: 3	Sta: 2	Wil: 2

Fire 3		Water 3
Agi: 3	Int: 3	Str: 3	Per: 3

Void 3

Initiative: 5k3

Skills:		Rank	Trait	Emphasis
Athletics	2	Str
Defense		1	Ref
Jiujutsu	4	Agi
Lore: Theology	2	Int	Tao
Meditation	2	Void
Etiquette	2	Awa
Investigation	2	Per
Games: Shogi	1	Int
Medicine	3	Int	Non-Human Anatomy
Sincerity	2	Awa	Honesty
Courtier	3	Awa	Rhetoric

Advantages
Hands of Stone (5)

Disadvantages
Ascetic (3)
Fascination: Theology (1)
Dependent (3)

Technique: Destiny's Hand - Spend a Void as a Free Action to give +1k1 to any roll made this 
round by an ally who has not yet acted.

Kiho
Void Fist
Touch of the Void Dragon
Unbalance the Mind
Eight Directions Awareness
The Body Is An Anvil
Riding the Clouds (Bonus)
Flame Fist (Bonus)

Inventory
Bo, plain traveling clothing, scroll satchel with passages from the Tao

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu bows his head, smiling. "Thank you, my friend. Come, Jiao. I am afraid we do not have any money, though - could we trouble you for some rice and clean water? I will not ask you for extravagance." Austerity is good enough. (Qiu would probably even go without, except that Jiao is a growing girl.)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu glances at Jiao, to be sure she doesn't get angry. He holds a hand out to her, a sign to stay calm. He smiles up at the men, then.

"Surely, my friends, there is room for many here. Would you begrudge an old man and his daughter a seat? I would happily share the table with you. I do not want any trouble."

It is wise to bow and move with the storm as it comes...but Qiu also has a duty to test those around him for heroes. Perhaps one will come to his defense. If not, he believes he can handle simple bullies...but he should give them a chance to step forward first. With so many tough-looking fellows, perhaps one is a hero in the making.

If there weren't so many potential heroes present, he would probably just have given up the seat.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Through the intimidation, Qiu remains placid and calm, smiling faintly. He bows his head.

"Thank you all for what you have done. I do not like trouble, and I am honored that you have prevented it for me...but now, I believe, we have done something dangerous. Shinsei teaches us: A stray dog sees only what it chases. We have set the stray dog to chasing this place, for we have turned him from its door."

Qiu stands, bowing low to the innkeeper.

"I appreciate your gifts, but I cannot allow what has happened here to hurt you and your family. Thus..." He turns to the samurai, speaking more firmly. "Will you join me, then? It is our words which have started this. It is our hands which must protect these people from what those words have wrought. I am Qiu, a monk of Shinsei, and I urge you - join me in defending these people from the wrath of these Red Fists."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu smiles.

"I have no doubt in my mind that you will be heroes, then. Jiao, be a good girl and watch at the window. Do not come outside."

He stops outside the door, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He focuses, trying to move himself with the flow of the universe. The land will tell him what is needed.

"Shinsei teaches us: You need no armor, you need no sword. You need only to know that you cannot be defeated. Eyes, I am sure, are likewise not truly needed. You have heard the skill of her fingers upon the shamisen, yes? Then let her show us the skill of her hands upon the sword."

20 to activate a kiho, so it goes off as a complex action, but since we're out of combat that hardly matters. Touch the Void Dragon going up, what Ring does the local environment raise for me?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu retains his calm smile, feeling the power of the earth flow through his old bones. He flexes his fingers, waiting calmly. He lacks the speed of those with youth, and it will be good to see how they handle the situation.

"I would listen to him, were I you, my friend. There does not need to be trouble."

Initiative: 11

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu continues to smile calmly. Things are going acceptably, and he's learning what sort of people these are. Especially the one inside - the nezumi who has taken it on himself to guard the girl. (Qiu is confident enough that people won't get past the door that he didn't feel it was necessary, but it is definitely a good gesture.)

"I would like to speak to the Oyabun myself. I am sure we can find some way to do this without any trouble..."

He shakes his head.

"It is written in the Tao: The conduct of a great man never takes a course harmful to others. His motions are not prompted by gain. If your Oyabun is truly a great man, can he feel such anger that he would destroy that which is beautiful and harms none?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu smiles at the little Nezumi. "You are a kind and wise creature. I would not leave Jiao alone - she is my most precious gift. But it is my duty to ease the burden of those around me, even if it means I risk danger." Several potential heroes here. Qiu turns to the brigands.

"A kind offer. Thank you." He bows his head. "Though it seems we have many champions." He reaches out to Tomoe, touching her shoulder. With his other hand, he reaches down to pick a flower and tuck it into Tomoe's armor. "But since you were first...here. Trust in the Tao and it will guide you. Remember - you need no armor, you need no sword. You need only to know that you cannot be defeated."

Spending a Void to activate Destiny's Hand. Tomoe gets +1k1 to any one roll this round. Or whatever round combat starts, I figure.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu holds a hand up as the bandits start to withdraw.

"Would you like me to treat your wounds? If you uphold the promise you gave when you proposed the duel, I would be happy to."

He turns to Tomoe.

"Obviously I will treat yours as well."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"Kindness can sway minds and souls, my friend. My daughter is safe and unharmed, and these men can still turn from the path of banditry."

Monks are weird.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu positions himself so that he can see outside and watch over Jiao, but nods to her. She doesn't get to play with other children often, after all, not with their traveling. He bows his head as the song ends, reaching up to wipe an eye. He smiles.

"Truly, we are blessed to be in the presence of such skilled musicians."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu looks from Inuniku to the sword, then back to Inuniku. He reaches out to scratch at the rat-man's ear, on the basis that it works for dogs.

"Thank you, little friend. And thank you for guarding my daughter. You have been very brave. Could you tell me, though, whose sword is that? It is very pretty, after all, and such a pretty sword must have an owner."

This could be dangerous. The bandits might blame the village for its theft, especially if they find it here. Qiu holds out his bowl of rice to Inuniku. "Here. You can have this - I have eaten enough already." (Actually he's probably still hungry, having eaten only some of it, but Qiu is an exceptionally giving person.)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu tousles Jiao's hair. "Do not worry, Inuniku. I don't mind. But...ah, a war among bandits is good for no one. Perhaps we should talk to them and show them another way. I would prefer to avoid bloodshed if possible, but it would surely be a good thing if these bandits could be made to see the path of peace."

He smiles faintly.

"Besides, this resistance will anger them. Until peace is brought to this village. I believe we have a duty to defend it. Thus, we should end this war, yes, my samurai friends?"

He turns to Jiao.

"Though is it not true, Jiao, that being armed is not always the greatest way? How would you like it if we could stay here a time to help our new friends learn the Way?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"We will be staying here a time, I think. The Way may have guided us to where we are needed. Be sure to be out tomorrow morning for training, though. Just because we are in one place for a while does not mean we can forget our exercises."

The next morning.

Qiu is performing what is either a very slow dance or perhaps some kind of martial arts kata. It's actually not a very complex one, as it is meant to teach flexibility and is one he is demonstrating for Jiao. His own practice tends to be more esoteric, but she must master the basics before he can teach her anything more...bizarre.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"...Jiao, continue your exercises, but at the inn. Stay within sight of it, please."

Qiu frowns, listening to the bandit. He is fairly sure he knows what happened to that sword, but...would it be wise to bring it up? Would it be right?

(Bushido would say he should, but Qiu is not a follower of Bushido. And the Tao teaches that sometimes, chaos brings about good things.)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu has been quiet so far. He's been watching everything quietly up to now. He wants peace, after all, but it would be rude of him to speak up first. These people see themselves as samurai, after all, for all they claim not to.

"You're not a bandit, Yaiba. I believe you when you say that. But do your men?"

He bows his head.

"I believe you want to protect these people. I have faith that you would never dream of harming them or demanding payment from them except, perhaps, for a few meals. But how well do you trust all of your people? Shinsei teaches us: you are always blind to your truest enemy, for he is behind your eyes. What goes on behind your eyes, honored guardian?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu - Void: 2/3

"Mm. I claim not to be samurai, Yaiba. I am a monk, of the Brotherhood of Shinsei."

He reaches into his robe, drawing forth the scrolls of the Tao he always carries.

"You see? This is all I carry with me. I speak to you now as a monk and a father. Your men threatened me...and more importantly, they threatened my daughter. When these men and women protected us, they came to threaten the inn we stayed at. I ask you again - do all of your men stand with you when you say you are no bandit?"

Spending a void: Sincerity 4k2+1k1=21. No 1s to reroll so Honesty emphasis doesn't matter.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 8, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"Thank you...Yasuhira, yes? I can only hope that she listened."

Qiu shakes his head.

"That is...an interesting interpretation, to be sure. I would love to hear more of this Bald-Head-Fists-of-Fire, Inuniku. But, ah...well, taking someone's sword is always going to anger them. Still..."

He shakes his head, heading back towards the village.

"We need to prepare...there will be more trouble. She believes what she says, but...I think she has her doubts about her men. I want to show her what those doubts should be - next time her men come, I think we should try to subdue them."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"Plotting? I want to show her the truth. But I can't do it alone. I am not a hero."

The old man shakes his head.

"But this does not need to be a battle to the death. I would prefer if it wasn't - we need these men alive."

He turns, pointing at the Red Fists jeering.

"These men, I think. You won't need to die with glory, I think. But can you live as heroes? That is what I need you to do now. These people need us. They need you. Will you defend their honor and their safety?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu turns to Yasuhira. "Trust in your own skill in teaching. I believe it could be done."

He smiles, faintly. "Did not Shinsei speak of Cook Ting, whose knife cut apart oxen so perfectly that even his daimyo commented on it, saying: Imagine such skill! Cook Ting replied: What I care about is the Way, which goes beyond skill. When I first began cutting up oxen, all I could see was the ox itself. After three years I no longer saw the whole ox. And now — now I go at it by spirit and don’t look with my eyes. Perception and understanding have come to a stop and spirit moves where it wants. I go along with the natural makeup, strike in the big hollows, guide the knife through the big openings, and following things as they are. So I never touch the smallest ligament or tendon, much less a main joint."

Qiu shakes his head.

"A good cook must change knives once a year, for he cuts. A mediocre cook changes knives once a month, for he hacks. But a cook who has the Way may go nineteen years with a single knife, and it will be as sharp as the day it met the grindstone. Watch the situation, know what must be done, work carefully and calmly, and move with subtlety and care. The Way will ensure perfection."

He pauses.

"So, you teach him to strike, friend. All of you, focus only on teaching one thing. Gonzu, focus on learning to do each together. And I will teach the Way. If we fail, than I will grovel for all of us."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu, perhaps surprisingly, does not make a huge deal of the training. Rather, he spends his time looking after Jiao and trying to talk to the locals about their needs and concerns, to get an idea of what is being done for them by the Red Fists and how they are being squeezed.

What he does do is allow anyone who wants to join him in his training of Jiao each morning to do so. The training is slow-paced and meant to encourage both flexibility and a meditative state. The actual training he gives is more in the form of storytelling - Taoist parables and theological lectures on the importance of the empty state of mind.

Without mind, Qiu teaches, there is only action. To act with the flow of the universe cannot fail. To think too hard, to move without instinct, can lead to failure. To internalize skill and be able to perform an act without thought - that, Qiu teaches, is the pinnacle of perfection.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Well, that rather changes things. Qiu approaches the innkeeper to find where Jiao has gone - he's not about to rest until he's sure his daughter is safe, especially after the Red Fists showed they were happy to show up and be petty.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"Thank you."

Qiu nods...and immediately sets about scouring the village for Jiao. For all that he spoke about the importance of heroes and of his own desire to help, Jiao is more important. She is the most important person in the world to Qiu, and he will stop at nothing to find her.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"...take me to where you last saw her, please." Qiu has a guess as to what has happened to Jiao, but he doesn't want to believe it. As Marumaru approaches, he turns to her. "...yes, something is wrong. Jiao has gone missing. She is my - my daughter. My ward, really, but..."

He bows his head. "She is the most important thing in the world to me. And I can only hope the Red Fists have not taken her."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"Ah...it's probably just a story children tell, not actually true."

Qiu cannot deny that such things happen, but every village has an outcast, for some reason or other, and usually it's nothing. Which may be why Jiao had no fear, since Qiu has taught her kindness to everyone...

"Well, we had best investigate anyway. Perhaps this Baba-san has seen Jiao."

Or maybe the children are not wrong. Qiu prefers to think this is not the case, but he will examine every lead in finding his daughter.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Fear and doubt of others - that is a grave thing to have, when there is no reason. Qiu smiles, if a bit sadly.

"Thank you for looking after Jiao while I was gone, Baba-san. I truly appreciate all that you have done."

Qiu bows low - a strange thing for him to do, perhaps, but monks have the right to be strange. He pats Jiao on the shoulder.

"It is good that you helped her, Jiao. Just be careful, yes? I do not want you hurt because the Red Fists become angry at me. If you can, make sure that the innkeeper knows where you are going when you go out. In this case, you could not, of course, because helping Baba-san with the chores was important, I know."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"Well, I am not one of the samurai..." Qiu laughs quietly. "But I believe I am going to give Jiao her morning training in flexibility and movement, and then perhaps speak a little on the nature of action and purpose to our friends who are training."

Qiu shrugs.

"And then...as the Tao leads me. I try not to plan."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu spares a moment in the morning for prayer himself.

But after that, he has worldly concerns to focus on. Specifically, the trouble among the heimin, as he goes out to begin his lecture and aerobics training. He frowns, looking among them.

"What has happened here?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu moves surprisingly quickly for an old man, getting between Gonzu and the villager.

"Now, we must all calm down. Gonzu - you are angry. And you have reason to be. And you, good people - you are afraid. And you have reason to be. But I need you to let go of that. Fear and anger - these feelings are dangerous to us. And to everyone around us. Listen now."

Qiu turns to Gonzu.

"Your wife...something terrible must have been done to her. I do not need to know what. That is your private pain, and I have no right to ask you more. But I need you not to remember her with anger. You plan to fight, and if you fight with anger in your heart, you will lose. You will be defeated, because anger will weaken you. Anger makes you rigid. That which is rigid may seem strong - a tree, perhaps. And in some ways, it is very strong."

Qiu gestures at a tree.

"But you have all seen storms. When the storm comes, what is first to fall? The mighty oak or the little reed? The oak cannot bend. That rigidity, that anger - they prevent you from moving with the will of the universe. Do not remember anger, Gonzu. Remember your wife with love. You loved her, did you not? That love is what fueled such great anger. So, instead, I ask you - remember not that which made you angry. Remember the times before that. When you train, think only of those times. Empty your mind of anger."

He turns back to the other villagers.

"And your fear - that hampers you as well. With that fear, you bow to any force - and you show those you fear that they can trample upon you. I do not need you to be angry...but I need you to let go of that fear. You fear that which will come because you do not understand one truth: you are not alone. Anything can tear apart a reed...but you have made tatami mats, yes? And they are strong. They are many reeds, together. Many can do what one cannot. You are all one - alone. But together, you can be strong. You can bow to the strike and yet not be slave to it. You can stand firm and yet still not become rigid. You can be what is needed for this time and for this place. I will show you how."

Courtier roll: [23:38] <foxxbot> MorsRattus, 5 5 7 6 8 9
[23:39] <foxxbot> MorsRattus, 9+8+7 = 24

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"To act when action is needed, and to be still when stillness is needed - these are all you need. But the hard part is determining when is the right time for anything."

Qiu smiles.

"Now - let us begin, yes? If I am to teach you how to let go of fear and anger, we must start with meditation. Please, sit. Close your eyes. I want you to listen. Truly listen. You have lived her all your lives, but I want you to learn how Mitsushi Mara feels. What it is like when you move with the world. Just sit and listen. Breathe in and out to the tapping of my staff."

As he apeaks, Qiu takes his staff and begins to tap it rhythmically against a rock.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

"Now - as you breathe and listen, try to lose yourself. Become the world. Listen only to the sounds around you. Breathe in, breathe out." Qiu continues the lesson for some time. Eventually, about twenty minutes later, he stops.

"Now! Open your eyes. Do not tell me what you felt - think about it. You were trying to feel the will of the world. You have already felt it before, however. Think back to the first task you ever learned. And then about each time after that. You do not think about it any more. You do not have to. Let me tell you a story of Cook Ting, the finest chef in Rokugan. When Cook Ting butchered an chicken, with every touch, the meat fell away from the bone. All perfect, as if it had been made that way and never touched, as precise as any dance."

Qiu nods. "This is because Cook Ting understood the Way. When he first began to cut up chicken, all he could see was the chicken. After three years, he saw the meat. After twenty years, he saw nothing, moving by spirit without need for eyes. By moving with the world, he cut the parts of the chicken where there was no meat, guiding the knife to perfectly butcher.

"This is what it means to move with the will of the world. A poor cook must have a new knife each month, for he hacks. A good cook changes it once a year, for he cuts. But by moving with the will of the world, Cook Ting never needed a new knife, for the blade never touched anything. This is how a man must move: find what is natural and move with it. Find what is, and do not oppose it. All things have a way they want to happen. All you must do is find that Way. This is the Tao."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu looks over his students. Perhaps time will help.

"Meditate on what we have learned today."

He bows, then turns to go check on Jiao and head back to the inn, to see whether anyone else has finished their work and what needs doing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Back at the inn, Qiu has been listening.

"Do not be so fast to suspect. The Scorpion have their agenda, to be sure...but it is not wise to assume the worst. Certainly, we may be able to gain their aid."

Qiu considers. The Scorpion are probably also most likely to not care too much about what they're doing with the peasants. That's a good thing.

"So, friends, tell me. How did your expedition into the forest go? Our new students have proven to be...well, not all as promising as they could be, but willing to learn."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu - Void: 2/3

"I prefer to think well of people until they give me reason not to, Bayushi-san."

Qiu smiles at the Scorpion, though internally, he is not very happy.

"And now, can you truly laugh at such a threat?"

Oh no, the monk is going to give a sermon.

"Did Shinsei not teach us: the courageous have no need to be cruel. Do what you must, but to take joy in the pain of others...truly, what fear could a brave samurai have to need to cover it with such things? It has always been my understanding that the greatest Scorpion are not cruel, after all. Especially with those who have nothing. After all, Bayushi-san, Shinsei also tells us: Do not be wary of men who take risks with title and lands. Be wary of men who have nothing to lose."

He smiles again.

"Perhaps these lessons are related? Those who are cruel fear the power of others, so they punish people to force that fear out, onto those others. And yet, that fear exposes them. Those who have nothing to lose, those who are pushed beyond fear by pain and cruelty...truly, are these not the greatest danger to the Imperial will?"

Spending a Void on a Courtier roll!

[16:35] <foxxbot> MorsRattus, 4 7 1 10 9 3
[16:35] <foxxbot> MorsRattus, 5
[16:35] <foxxbot> MorsRattus, 5+10+9+7 = 31

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu has decided not to deviate from the morning's schedule: training Jiao in her standard forms and then making rounds of the village to see if anything urgent has come up since the day before. Rain or no rain, he is not worried.

It's not as though the old monk hasn't gotten wet before.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu comes back from his rounds to find a situation emerging. He moves to watch carefully, taking a seat near the confrontation. This is going to escalate, he's sure...and so he will watch.

But he is not a hero himself, just a guide to heroes. The heroes will make the decision. If no one else, the rat seems likely to make one for them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu sits back to watch, frowning. He does not truly enjoy combat, but this seems the clearest way to send a message - and Inuniku is, without doubt, proving himself a hero in doing it. The old man glances over at the Bayushi magistrate. She has helped to bring this to a head, but to what end?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

E: Never mind.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 22, 2013

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Qiu moves to Inuniku, kneeling beside him and producing bandages and salves from somewhere. "It will be all right, little one. Please, rest..."

It isn't much, but it is the most Qiu can do.

Active Kiho: Touch of the Void Dragon (+1 Earth)
Void: 2/3

0[17:57] <%MorsRattus> Anyway, gonna declare one raise on the medicine roll, so TN 20
[17:57] <~Ridley> ok.
[17:58] <%MorsRattus> Annnnd...spending a void on it
[17:58] <%MorsRattus> !r 5#1d10
[17:58] <foxxbot> MorsRattus, 1 4 9 7 9
[17:58] <%MorsRattus> !r 9+9+7+4
[17:58] <foxxbot> MorsRattus, 9+9+7+4 = 29
[17:58] <%MorsRattus> Okay, we good
[17:58] <%MorsRattus> !r 2#1d10
[17:58] <foxxbot> MorsRattus, 7 2
[17:58] <%MorsRattus> And he heals...7 wounds

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Qiu

Void: [11:31] <Morphball> MorsRattus: monk got void: 15 = 3k3(3,[10,1],1)

Qiu steps forward, casting aside his staff. He smiles faintly.

"Tell me - think on this. Do you want to go back on your word? Is this what you want to be?"

But casting aside the staff - well, Qiu is preparing for the worst.

4 XP spent on Jiujutsu 4, 6 banked.

• Locked thread