Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevellian
Apr 27, 2007

Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
Yay, Delta Green core book is now fixed and discounted for the HPL sale.

Trevellian fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, now you've got my attention. After getting down to the C's and things like this:

quote:

Somewhere in the dark, dank, cyclopean (and other long words) depths of the sea, Great Cthulu lies dreaming and, when he wakes up, he's going to have an eon's worth of morning wood to work off. Cue our adventurous heroines who are, futilely, going to try and placate the great tentacled beastie before he destroys the world in sheer, sexual frustration.

...I didn't have the heart to dig deeper before.

Trevellian
Apr 27, 2007

Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
Lemme guess - something by Postmortem Studios?

EDIT - filter the sale by publisher to get to the good stuff. Pelgrane Press (Trail of Cthulu) have a stack of stuff in there, as do Arc Dream (Unspeakable Oath, Monsters and other Childish Things), Spectrum Games (Macabre Tales) and others. Atomic Overmind have Ken Hite's Dubious Shards in the sale - anything by Ken is pretty much golden,

Trevellian fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 23, 2013

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Trevellian posted:

Lemme guess - something by Postmortem Studios?

Yes.

why the gently caress did I bother sourcing that quote :(

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

quote:

Somewhere in the dark, dank, cyclopean (and other long words) depths of the sea, Great Cthulu lies dreaming and, when he wakes up, he's going to have an eon's worth of morning wood to work off. Cue our adventurous heroines who are, futilely, going to try and placate the great tentacled beastie before he destroys the world in sheer, sexual frustration.

First thing I thought of reading that. And a much more entertaining take.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Speaking of Lovecraft, the Bundle of Holding +5 is up. Your goodies this time are three novels: Caller Unknown by Jennifer Brozek, Loremaster Legacy by Terry Amthor, and Sword of the Ronin by Travis Heerman. Can't speak to those, I got it for the non-fiction:

Playing at the World, by Jon Peterson, which is a fantastic look at the history of D&D
Tour de Lovecraft: The Tales, by Ken Hite, duh
Never Unprepared, by Phil Vecchione, which is supposed to be a decent look at prepping for tabletop games

Definitely worth it for Playing at the World and Tour de Lovecraft alone.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
A dude on another forum was looking for a PDF version of early Star Wars RPGs - unfortunately they're not legally available, since West End Games lost the Star Wars license before electronic RPGs became viable. But this reminded me that the nearest thing to it, d6 Space, is not only still available, but free. (It approximates the second edition of WEG-era Star Wars RPG.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yet another Bundle of Holding is up! This time around it's all indie games:

Annalise: GM-less Gothic horror about confronting a literal or symbolic Vampire
Dust Devils: Gritty old-west where you fight the demons of your past
Mars Colony: A two-player game about political power in an isolated population

Beat the average to also get
Dog Eat Dog: Fight to keep an Occupying force off your small Pacific island
Our Last Best Hope: Play a team sent to save humanity from an extinction-level event
Sorcerer (Annotated edition): The original Swine storygame of selling your soul for power

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Ooh. I've been curious about Dust Devils since Jason Morningstar hacked it but I didn't know where to get it or really anything else about it. And I've been hearing good things about Mars Colony and Our Last Best Hope. (I already own Annalise from a disaster relief bundle and Dog Eat Dog/Sorcerer from their respective Kickstarters, but oh well.)

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
Dust Devils is on rpgnow, you can get it there if you miss this.

Of these games, 4 of 6 are brilliant, the last 2 are "merely" great.

(I wrote a short story for the OLBH fiction collection, IDK if it's included here.)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

https://www.funagain.com is having a 48 hour sale that lasts until September 6th at 5pm. Use the code 48HOUR to get 10% all in stock items.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
Avalon is having a $1 sale - I can't attest to the quality of their clip art or minis because I don't use those that much, but their Fuzion game Lightspeed is fun, especially if you're an old person like me and you're like "Fuzion, oh man!!"

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Because they're kickstarting an expansion, the makers of Part-Time Gods have made it pay-what-you-want on DriveThruRPG for the duration of the expansion kickstarter:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/92731/Part-Time-Gods

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Two games were added to the Bundle of Holding:
The Agency: Spy adventures in the Britan of the swingin' 60s.
Heroine: A game about a young girl who gets pulled (or drops) into a strange magical world, and the allies and enemies she makes.

So that's 6 games for any pledge, with Sorcerer and Last Best Hope if you beat the average (currently about $13).

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Are they added retroactively if you've already bought that Bundle?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

neonchameleon posted:

They sure are!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

neonchameleon posted:

Yes, I saw the games added to my bundle download page.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speaking of things added to the bundle, they just added 3:16 as a bonus game.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Yay! Thanks for the update. Now to find where my download link is...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tabletop Drop is back, and a little better than the first go-round.

Pay-what-you-want for:

quote:

KillShot: The Directors Cut - In the gritty world of KillShot where everyone is either a professional hitman and assassins, you’re either the target or the killer. Succeed at your missions and above all else, don’t get caught.

Crumbling Epoch - The gods have left, magic has been reinvented when the old powers burned out, and humanity has survived multiple extinction-level events. In this new, dark and dangerous world, you must use everything at your disposal to simply survive, or perish like the millions before you.

Fantasy Core - The flexible and open-ended tabletop system where you are put in full control of the world and your character’s creation. Create your world, your characters and get ready to unlock your imagination and start playing today.

House of Cards -In this modern fantasy role playing game, you'll be using Tarot cards as key tools for character creation, conflict resolution, status tracking, and more. Enter the world of House of Cards where the cards will spell out your future or design your death.

A Week in the Life of a Lvl. 1 Slime -This diary-style solitaire game allows you to tell the story of your slime, of his trials and tribulations. How will your slime live? Better yet, how will he die?

Nova Praxis - Slip into the world of Nova Praxis, built on the award winning-Fate system. Engage in futuristic combat and explore a world where evolution has turned man into monsters.
The only one of these I'm familiar with is House of Cards, which is pretty good if you like modern occult. I've heard good things about Noxa Praxis, too.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
The Bundle of Fate is live!

Includes:
  • Ehdrigohr
  • Spirit of the Century
  • Full Moon

And if you beat the average, you also get:
  • Starblazer Adventures
  • Legends of Anglerre
  • Kerberos Club Fate Edition

For convenience's sake, Fate Core and Fate Accelerated are also included as part of the package.

Early next week additional games will be added.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Temple of Elemental Evil is free until the 28th.

Not surprisingly, the site is getting hammered at the moment.

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 19, 2013

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
If you're looking for something to buy at dndclassics so you're not a complete freeloader with the Temple, you can get BECMI Basic for $5 (either the 1981 or 1983 edition - "D&D's such a failed game that it had 2 editions within 2 years!!!!!@!!!!"), probably the two biggest selling things in all RPG-dom, ever, for many very good reasons that become clear on a review.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The Rules Cyclopedia is also half price ($10) at the moment, which is a bit more wallet-friendly than the $50+ it goes for on eBay.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
A new Bundle of Holding has launched with an investigative theme. The initial offerings include:
-Ashen Stars by Robin D Laws (F&F writeup by me)
-Mutant City Blues by Robin D Laws
-A 1-year subscription to Ken Writes About Stuff, a monthly set of multi-purpose supplements by Kenneth Hite
-The first 24 See Page XX columns, an irregular column of practical GM advice by Robin D. Laws

If you beat the average, you'll also get:
-Night's Black Agents by Kenneth Hite (F&F writeup by GimpInBlack)
-The Zalozhniy Quartet, a set of adventures for Night's Black Agents by Gareth Hanrahan

Proceeds from sales will also benefit The Cochrane Library and Cancer Research UK.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really like this "here are a bunch of games sharing the same system" model that they've been adopting with the FATE bundle and now this one. I hope they end up doing more bundles in that vein.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Do contests count? Here's one where you can win a free copy of the Call of Cthulhu campaign The Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man: http://buff.ly/1fvkvPr

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Sure, I see no reason they wouldn't fall under either "deal" or "steal"

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They added the adventure books for Ashen Stars (Dead Rock Seven) and Mutant City Blues (Hard Helix) to the Bundle of Gumshoe. I was hoping they would, since I was looking into Hard Helix.

Still up until tomorrow, looks like.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Also Fear Itself.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
A cool game that is excellent for younger kids is now Pay What You Want: Adventures in Oz. What makes this game so great is that it really tries to stick close to Baum not just in content but in style. Characters use wits and kindness to overcome conflicts and make strange friends who will help you later as you pass through the xenophobic and bizarre lands of Oz. Former price is $9 if you're interested in a gauge as to how much you should be Wanting to Pay: RPGNow download page

I interviewed the creator along with the designers of two other Oz games 2 years ago, you can hear the interview here.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Guys!

Guysguysguys!

The latest Bundle of Holding is all Feng Shui!

PWYW for the core book and Golden Comeback (the player's guide), beat the average for Friends of the Dragon, Blowing Up Hong Kong, and In Your Face Again.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I have wanted all those things since the Fatal and Friends run down.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Guys!

Guysguysguys!

The latest Bundle of Holding is all Feng Shui!

PWYW for the core book and Golden Comeback (the player's guide), beat the average for Friends of the Dragon, Blowing Up Hong Kong, and In Your Face Again.

If that's not the best news I've heard all day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

And now another new Bundle of Holding is up: Unknown Armies.

PWYW for the 2nd edition corebook, beat the average for the Statosphere and Break Today sourcebooks, the Weep adventure collection, and the To Go campaign.

e: Oh, you also get the Godwalker novel in ebook format.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 3, 2013

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That sound is me squealing like a little girl. Holy poo poo, Unknown Armies.

quantum_squirrel
Aug 9, 2006
Well that's not all that Bundle of Holding has to offer this month:

Bundle of Holding Newsletter posted:

The Unknown Armies Bundle is the second of six offers we have planned for October. Together with "Feng Shui's Golden Comeback" and the next offer, the UA Bundle is part of a trio of quick (3-5 day) bundles focused on a single excellent game. These three offers together take up the first two weeks of the month.
My guess for the next game, based that the two previous bundles were about games published by Atlas and Ars Magica was already in a bundle, i guess the next bundle will be about Over the Edge.

And there will be more

Bundle of Holding Newsletter posted:

During the latter half of October and the first few days of November, the Bundle of Holding offers a sequence of three one-week offers, each spotlighting a collection of horror RPGs from many publishers. Each horror bundle takes a different approach and hits different tender spots. There's something for every creepy taste. We're aiming to make the third one, around Halloween, spectacular.

We have offers lined up through mid-November, and we're just starting to work on a Thanksgiving-Black Friday-Cyber Monday collection that, with luck and the good will of many publishers, will be a sensation. Start saving now.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
If Godwalker's part of the bundle it doesn't appear to be up yet. (I don't really care personally since I bought it on Kindle ages ago, but it's a drat fine book and I hope other people get to enjoy it through the bundle.) But yeah, hot drat. The Bundle of Holding is on fire. I think I've only ever skipped one, maybe two of their bundles. Everything else has been an amazing package. (And I think the one(s) I skipped were because I already owned pretty much everything in them.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

malkav11 posted:

If Godwalker's part of the bundle it doesn't appear to be up yet.

Yeah, I asked and they said it'll be up Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantum_squirrel
Aug 9, 2006
The Unknown Armies Bundle of Holding just added One Shoots to the basic bundle, i.e. pay what you want and get the UA core book and One Shoots, a book of one shot adventures.

BoH newsletter posted:

This anthology of five standalone scenarios for Unknown Armies is the pedal; put it to the metal, pop the clutch, and roll.

We've got your player-versus-player conflict, your search-and-retrieve assignment, your psychosymbolic melodrama, your action-packed metaphysics -- and then, of course, the one that puts the characters aboard a jumbo jet when a terrorist hijacks it to fly it into a skyscraper. (Published in 1999.) And just to prove we've got a pair, the book ends with the end of the world.