Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sackmo
Oct 13, 2004
I really don't understand people's problem with "the question", because in the end it's not the question that's asked but how it's explored in a thematic context that matters. The question could be "why do people poo" for all it's worth, so long as the writers are talented enough to make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sackmo
Oct 13, 2004
I literally beat Planescape: Torment for the first time last night and then I see this kickstarter pop up. Coincidence? I think not.

Down for $75.

Sackmo
Oct 13, 2004

Anarkii posted:

They announced the stretch goals and honestly they don't seem too attractive. P:E's stretch goals were much better, and made a lot of people increase their pledges.

While I'm inclined to agree, I think this is a much harder thing to do with this type of game. P:E's stretch goals mostly dealt with increasing the types of classes, expanding the world in very specific ways (strongholds, cities, dungeons etc) and lots of "fluff". None of these things have much weight in a game that's going to be driven primarily by the narrative and dialogue options, so they would make poor carrots to dangle.

Of course one goal I would liked to have seen would be an orchestral soundtrack. Boy howdy do I love instrumentation in my video games.

Edit: I guess my idea for a goal was so good it already was one! :downs:

Sackmo fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 7, 2013

• Locked thread