Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Krono99
Dec 5, 2003

Beware the power of the FILTHY JEW

Some sick poo poo, but fascinating at this stage because of all the missing details in this case.

In short, Chinese-Canadian woman on a trip to LA goes missing, turns up dead and decomposing in a vat of water used for drinking and I assume showering for other hotel guests.

quote:

"The water did have a funny taste," Sabrina Baugh told CNN on Wednesday. She and her husband used the water for eight days."

This hotel is the home of a number of murderers and grisly incidents in the past already. This girl went missing, but there is some surveillance video (a short clip is included in the video portion of the story) of her freaking out on the elevator as though someone is coming after her.

Is she hallucinating? Is someone actually chasing her? Is she on drugs? Is the hotel haunted and was she murdered by some apparitions?

Outlandish hypotheticals welcome.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/us/ca....html?hpt=hp_c1

http://www.theage.com.au/world/grue...0221-2et1x.html

Edit: My alternate thread title idea was - Me Chinese, Me Play Joke, Me Decompose in your Drinking Cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Here is the video if anyone was interested in watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMP1UfPnVaw

She does look pretty strange. I don't really understand what her hand movements are all about. It's probably something to do with drugs, though.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

im a gay doug

thehoodie posted:

I don't really understand what her hand movements are all about.

She is explaining to the hotel staff that the elevator isnt working.

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

quote:

"The shower was awful," she said. "When you turned the tap on, the water was coming black first for two seconds and then it was going back to normal."

Jesus Christ, what?

Also, isn't this the plot of that movie Dark Water?

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

I think the prison rape of teenagers is hilarious. I'm basically a human shaped lump of shit, please remind me of this at every opportunity.

Young Freud posted:

Jesus Christ, what?

Also, isn't this the plot of that movie Dark Water?

Yes I believe it is roughly the plot to that. She appears to have maybe been a bit OCD as each time she got in the elevator she touched all those buttons. What I want to know is why didn't the door close while she was in the hall?

\/Can't it be both? Maybe her spirits power is to have gangrene.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005

If you drink it do you gain her spirit's power or just gangrene?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH21FeFi50A

Longer version of the elevator video. Some comments saying it was edited, possibly by hotel staff stalking her and that's why the elevator wouldn't close.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

juliuspringle posted:

Yes I believe it is roughly the plot to that. She appears to have maybe been a bit OCD as each time she got in the elevator she touched all those buttons. What I want to know is why didn't the door close while she was in the hall?

Yeah, I don't understand what the gently caress is going on with the doors. What is going on?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Oh man:

http://www.chinasmack.com/2013/vide...-reactions.html

Chinese internet has been following this for a bit, now they're gonna flip the gently caress out.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

~*~السلام عليكم~*~

I'm always shocked how easy it is to access drinking water. I did an internship with EPCOR in a major Canadian city and more then half of the treated/drinkable reservoir cisterns were not locked or relatively well hidden.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

I think the prison rape of teenagers is hilarious. I'm basically a human shaped lump of shit, please remind me of this at every opportunity.

de_dust posted:

I'm always shocked how easy it is to access drinking water. I did an internship with EPCOR in a major Canadian city and more then half of the treated/drinkable reservoir cisterns were not locked or relatively well hidden.

If we restricted access to drinking water how would supervillians poison it?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Jesus gently caress this is horrifying. I know LA people love to pride themselves on their drinking water, oh guess what you were drinking DEAD GIRL

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

That's really gross. The videos look like she is tweaking out on drugs, but how the hell does she end up in the water tank? That seems like it would be a pretty decent hiding spot though, but what a jerk to whoever put her there.

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010

Maybe I'm missing something ~spoooooky~ but it seems in the elevator extended video that she just hits a bunch of buttons (on a presumably faulty elevator) and gets impatient about waiting for it. Eventually the lovely elevator door closes (super slow) and does its lovely thing. Am I not seeing something unexplained or scary here? Beyond a girl who is too impatient to wait for a clearly hosed up elevator? Or take the stairs?

^Edit: Yeah, she must either be tweaked out or there must be foul play. Seems a bit of a jump from "What the gently caress is going on with this lovely building's lovely elevator, haha", to *DEAD IN A WATER TANK, HA HA HA*

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

quote:

Itís not strange at all, let me restore the truth to this matter. The girl entered the elevator relaxed and cheerful, mischievously pressed 4 floor buttons, which indicates that there was another person who was about to enter. After waiting a while, nobody came in, the the girl hid in the corner of the elevator hoping to give the second party a scare. Judging from the way the girl playfully and flirtatiously hopped out, the second party should be a man with whom she has an intimate relationship with. The reason for the elevator door remaining open is because this man was pressing the button outside. Although the girl opened her arms to express her dissatisfaction, she at last changed her plan to go down, and returned to the hotel room with the man. The elevator door closed and it went down, opening and closing its door at the floors on which the buttons were pressed, operating normally.

You know, at first I thought this girl was just high on LSD or somethin, but this explanation actually makes sense.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

I hate this book and I hate Railrunner and I hate Thunderbark and I hate Black Magic and I hate everything they stand for.

It's also happened in Singapore before:

quote:

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne...516-279169.html

AsiaOne
Mon, May 16, 2011

SINGAPORE - A female corpse abandoned in a rooftop tank of a Woodlands HDB block may have tainted the drinking water of 700 residents.

The dead body of an Indonesian maid was discovered on Monday morning at approximately 10am on the rooftop of Block 686B, Woodlands Street 73.

A local news source said blood stains were found in the 2m-deep water tank.

Chinese newspaper Lianhe Wanbao reported that the deceased was a 30-year-old Indonesian female working in Singapore as a maid.

Her identity is unknown. She was wearing a t-shirt and bermudas when her body was found in the tank.

168 households may have had their drinking water supply affected by the corpse, according to the Chinese newspaper.

The case has been classified as murder by the police. The Straits Times reported that a 27-year-old Bangladeshi man had been arrested in connection with the case.

The victim and the Bangladeshi man were believed to have been in an intimate relationship. He was seen limping and had cuts on his legs when he was led away by the police at 10.40am.

The cause of her death has not been determined.

Morning quarrel

Lianhe Wanbao also reported that residents witnessed a man and woman arguing with each other on Monday morning.

The man looked like a foreigner and was choking the woman.

Residents also said that there were blood stains inside one of the lifts and at the lift landing, according to the Chinese newspaper.

The person who called the police is believed to have been a colleague of the Bangladeshi suspect.

The suspect was hired by Sergent Service Pte Ltd, and may have had access to the roof as part of his job as a maintenance worker.

White bubbles in water, supply cut off

It is understood that some residents may have used the water in their daily activities like washing and cooking.

The water supply was cut off at 11 am. The residents were first told by the town council that there were maintenance works going on.

News of a body being found in one of the eight water tanks on the roof of the 15-storey block then spread later.

A 43-year-old home-maker, Mrs Goh, said that she saw white bubbles when bathing her children. Her son could be affected by the water as he had sensitive skin, she said.

The PUB said in a statement on Monday night that it received a report of the incident at 3.30pm. It immediately stopped the water supply and provided other sources of water for residents.

PUB officers were also on hand to hand out water bags.

A PUB spokesperson said the town council is currently flushing and washing the tanks and distribution pipes. Water supply is expected to be restored by Tuesday.

Boiled water still safe for consumption

A doctor interviewed by Lianhe Wanbao said that any unboiled water drank by residents could result in stomach discomfort.

Symptoms mirrored those of food poisoning, the Chinese newspaper reported the doctor as saying. However, boiling water before consumption would be sufficient to kill germs inside.

Another doctor said that the water tank's size would dictate how much bacteria were present in the water.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man

Even if she wasn't high on something she ended up being drunk

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Goddamn, not to ignore the dead, but this is like the guy choking to death on those beetles during an eating contest, making me sick to my stomach imagining.

That footage of her in the elevator is some creepy poo poo. Either she's trippin balls or near someone looking to harm her. Either way I wonder how a Chinese Canadian winds up near Skid Row of all places, especailly since she was "missing" since january. Wonder if there wasn't some weird meeting-sketchy-man-of-her-dreams-online deal If you are visiting LA, next to South Central it's probably the last place you book to "see" the city unless you are a rough traveling type.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it?
My coffee warned
me about it.

That elevator footage clearly shows she was followed by a ghost.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

"Slow train coming"

"Slow quality poster coming to the threads about the shows I like."

"No, really, jokes aside, post more in The TV IV because you make good points and don't suck."

Alan Smithee posted:

Goddamn, not to ignore the dead, but this is like the guy choking to death on those beetles during an eating contest, making me sick to my stomach imagining.

Is that what happened? I thought it was a heart attack or something... Or maybe the beetles ripped his stomach open?

Did we ever get closure on that story?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

escape artist posted:

Is that what happened? I thought it was a heart attack or something... Or maybe the beetles ripped his stomach open?

I don't want to know. I just like to believe he took a gun and shot himself in the head

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I stab at thee

escape artist posted:

I think it turned out he choked to death on his own bile.

limeincoke posted:

quote:

Itís not strange at all, let me restore the truth to this matter. The girl entered the elevator relaxed and cheerful, mischievously pressed 4 floor buttons, which indicates that there was another person who was about to enter. After waiting a while, nobody came in, the the girl hid in the corner of the elevator hoping to give the second party a scare. Judging from the way the girl playfully and flirtatiously hopped out, the second party should be a man with whom she has an intimate relationship with. The reason for the elevator door remaining open is because this man was pressing the button outside. Although the girl opened her arms to express her dissatisfaction, she at last changed her plan to go down, and returned to the hotel room with the man. The elevator door closed and it went down, opening and closing its door at the floors on which the buttons were pressed, operating normally.
You know, at first I thought this girl was just high on LSD or somethin, but this explanation actually makes sense.
If this is the case (which sounds plausible) then it seems likely that whoever killed her was the other party, not entering the elevator because he wanted to avoid the cameras and pressing the outside button to keep her from elevatoring away.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

"Slow train coming"

"Slow quality poster coming to the threads about the shows I like."

"No, really, jokes aside, post more in The TV IV because you make good points and don't suck."

Supposedly there's an extended video that shows a timestamp, with time frozen, which means the perpetrator would have access to the surveillance equipment.

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

I just can't fathom, if it was a worker there, how they could be so cunning and stupid enough to put the body in a water tank where it would give away its presence. Unless they didn't plan on sticking around

Bird Priest
Jun 22, 2009

I have free will to do what I want but I choose to oscillate.

Krono99 posted:

Edit: My alternate thread title idea was - Me Chinese, Me Play Joke, Me Decompose in your Drinking Cup

That's clever as all gently caress and not racist or retarded in any way

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

Fantastic.

Bird Priest posted:

That's clever as all gently caress and not racist or retarded in any way

Yeah, I prefer this one:

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Even if she wasn't high on something she ended up being drunk

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

I am totally confused by the footage. My first thought was that she is high as a kite and skipping around in some magic happy land, but the explanation about there being someone outside is very interesting. Regarding the timestamp, isn't it possible the police edited out the useless bits and only released parts that they thought could be helpful?

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.

In China now. One of my students was freaking the gently caress out about this this morning. The girls were all watching the video and shrieking before class. They also said that no drugs were found in her system. Is that part accurate?

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

This reminds me of that Black Horse Courier article about a famous Orc chef ending up in a vat of wine. (Has the Dark Brotherhood been ruled out?)

Andy Cancer
Jul 31, 2006
the possibilities are endless!

Now whenever I get into an elevator that I know has cameras I'm gonna act exactly like this so if I accidentally die afterwards people will assume foul play. Gotcha loved ones! Worry your hearts out!

I know she probably didn't accidentally die unless she was tripping balls and decided swimming in a water tank was a rad idea. I've made worse.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Andy Cancer posted:

Now whenever I get into an elevator that I know has cameras I'm gonna act exactly like this so if I accidentally die afterwards people will assume foul play.

I always leave mysterious and cryptic notes in my apartment before I leave for this very purpose.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Someone just took upper decking to a whole new level.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

escape artist posted:

Supposedly there's an extended video that shows a timestamp, with time frozen, which means the perpetrator would have access to the surveillance equipment.

Some computerized security systems just don't record footage if there's no motion detected, which would explain the time jump.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Alan Smithee posted:

That footage of her in the elevator is some creepy poo poo. Either she's trippin balls or near someone looking to harm her. Either way I wonder how a Chinese Canadian winds up near Skid Row of all places, especailly since she was "missing" since january. Wonder if there wasn't some weird meeting-sketchy-man-of-her-dreams-online deal If you are visiting LA, next to South Central it's probably the last place you book to "see" the city unless you are a rough traveling type.

I remember a goon who was moving to Los Angeles, asking whether it was a good idea to get a place in central LA so he could be close to everything. He got promptly laughed at. What I'm saying, if someone doesn't know the sprawl that is Los Angeles, they can easily make the horrible decision of staying somewhere downtown.

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

thehoodie posted:

Here is the video if anyone was interested in watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMP1UfPnVaw

She does look pretty strange. I don't really understand what her hand movements are all about. It's probably something to do with drugs, though.
There's definitely a second person outside the elevator door though. Look at the left side of the elevator door at 2:25: there's a finger blocking the door, and it's removed the second she walks out of camera sight.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fragrag posted:

I remember a goon who was moving to Los Angeles, asking whether it was a good idea to get a place in central LA so he could be close to everything. He got promptly laughed at. What I'm saying, if someone doesn't know the sprawl that is Los Angeles, they can easily make the horrible decision of staying somewhere downtown.

I hope it's not the same parasite that makes grasshoppers and other insects commit suicide by drowning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7r1S6-op8E

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

im a gay doug

Angry Avocado posted:

There's definitely a second person outside the elevator door though. Look at the left side of the elevator door at 2:25: there's a finger blocking the door, and it's removed the second she walks out of camera sight.

That finger is a foot. Her foot, as she walks away from the elevator.

Peppi
May 17, 2011

PL ??

Angry Avocado posted:

That's her foot.

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

Fragrag posted:

The way I like to describe LA to people who know nothing about it is: "it's a bunch of different cities all bunched together." People don't really seem to understand how huge of a place it is. The public transport's getting better, but it's still nothing compared to major European cities (or even NYC or DC). I'm constantly amazed by the people who tell me they're just flying into LAX, planning to walk/taxi to "downtown" (they actually mean Hollywood"), and then ask me how close the beach is to "downtown". And then they tell me that they can't drive. But I certainly don't think that's a reason to be possibly murdered and shoved into a water tower...

Um, what exactly is the consequence (health-wise) of drinking body soup? I've never... considered this before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Gimme a minute,
not that much longer,
wait for it, wait for it...

This hotel is the home of a number of murderers and grisly incidents in the past already.
I latched on to this part of the OP's post. I guess that valuable bit of information is not in the Travelocity ratings huh?

«4 »